Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Hey, don't have ANY 'doubts'........because NONE of these horrible choices for POTUSA will 'satisfy' me! And I hope and pray they don't satisfy you...or America either!

If you compromise and vote for any of these...you'll be a 'sucker' and have another 4 years of misery! That's where America is NOW...for getting 'suckered' by a con-man 3 years ago.
Why don't you write Palin in? I know she is your preferred choice (for whatever reason I cannot fathom), just like I'm writing in Paul if he doesn't win the nomination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why don't you write Palin in? I know she is your preferred choice (for whatever reason I cannot fathom), just like I'm writing in Paul if he doesn't win the nomination?

I was already VERY dubious of Palin, but when she stalled us all...right up to the end, and I saw how she seemed to be 'milking' her 'rock-star' ignorant fans (fanatics) ...I COMPLETELY turned off to her.

She, like Newt...had some good ideas, but like Newt....hey, like ALL of the horrible candidates....I WOULD NOT SUPPORT HER FOR Dog-catcher!'

She is now in a bad reputation situation. '0' credibility!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
I was already VERY dubious of Palin, but when she stalled us all...right up to the end, and I saw how she seemed to be 'milking' her 'rock-star' ignorant fans (fanatics) ...I COMPLETELY turned off to her.

She, like Newt...had some good ideas, but like Newt....hey, like ALL of the horrible candidates....I WOULD NOT SUPPORT HER FOR Dog-catcher!'

Ahhh huh. Well, in any case, do what I do. Write in Paul or write in Mickey Mouse or whomever catches your fancy or vote 3rd party. I'm not voting for any R that isn't Paul. In the general election, I'm voting 3rd party or writing in Paul

Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ahhh huh. Well, in any case, do what I do. Write in Paul or write in Mickey Mouse or whomever catches your fancy or vote 3rd party. I'm not voting for any R that isn't Paul. In the general election, I'm voting 3rd party or writing in Paul
the biggest problem anyone who chooses not to vote R or D is: most ballots do not have a place to write in a name, everything is either electronic or punch board style.

NIta

Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:

I am with you there. And if Moose Mamma debated the very slick Obama.........wow, that would be horrifying.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Would a Romney/Newt ticket be impossible ? Newt is smart and it would give him a chance to redeem himself although I think he is under the thumb of his current wife, which bothers me greatly.

I don't think I would vote for Ron Paul and I can't really tell you why ? He just doesn't resonate with me.

Newt has more baggage than the Jolie-Pitt brood when traveling; I don't think he could pass the character test. Poor Romney will have to deal with the beliefs some Christians hold regarding the LDS being a cult...plus, his health care bill in Mass. was very similar to "Obamacare." It's going to be an uphill struggle for any of the current candidates. Colin Powell and Jeb Bush might have made good presidents, but the Bush years ruined both of their chances. IMHO, the evangelicals won't accept Ron Paul, either. It's going to be interesting to watch it play out.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Perry's Cornerstone Speech Highlights - YouTube

Old 10-31-2011, 09:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Brilliant find! President Obama would demolish that Bozo in the first debate. As Perry himself said, "Bring it on!"

Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

I saw this yesterday and even though I do not like Rick Perry, this is very concerning or should be for somebody. What is going on with him? He seems like he is either on something or he is having some physical or other issues. Surely, this is not how he is all of the time.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I saw this yesterday and even though I do not like Rick Perry, this is very concerning or should be for somebody. What is going on with him? He seems like he is either on something or he is having some physical or other issues. Surely, this is not how he is all of the time.
How about something more than snark and innuendo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections