Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You need to be fair. As far as "spewing hate and venom" goes, we have a lot of posters on CD who could win that award hands down (I think we have our own little KKK and militia group fan club going on in some of the threads) and he isn't one of them.
Granted we have many who fit into that category, and he isn't part of the Stormfront troopers that tend to post here, but take a look at his posting history, specifically comments on social issues and gays. He is part of the Bachmann wing of the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:

What is this "most informative member" deal?
http://www.city-data.com/forum-contest/

Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
take a look at his posting history, specifically comments on social issues and gays. He is part of the Bachmann wing of the party.
You better believe it!

With one exception....I'd say it's the 'Godly Wing.'

Funny tho, because I'm not a Republican...simply a conservative Christian!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You better believe it!
I think we have a whole lot less in common on some issues than you might think. I'm not a social conservative. I'm a devout Christian, but my denomination performs gay marriages. I'm pretty middle of the road on the rest of it--I don't support legalized drugs (although I've come around to the point that marijuana for medical purposes has value). I'm pro second amendment (with the exception of being able to walk around with an AK47, etc.) and I'm pro-life (except in cases of rape, incest and the life of the mother). In my personal life? I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, I give my time and money faithfully to my church and charity, and I've been happily married to my college sweetheart for over 25 years. I have major problems with Michele Bachmann, but I have a sister who worships her. We still spend major holidays together, so it's possible to make that work, lol.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
I still believe Romney is the best candidate to beat Obama. Just about all the other contenders are too aligned with the Tea Party to win the general.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I don't support legalized drugs. I'm pro second amendment (with the exception of being able to walk around with an AK47, etc.) and I'm pro-life (except in cases of rape, incest and the life of the mother). In my personal life? I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, I have major problems with Michele Bachmann,
The 'Gay' deal...we are not in ANY way in agreement! The rest of the above is still a pretty good amount of agreement. You are pretty 'open-minded' - I DON'T.... AND WON'T tolerate any 'closed-mindedness, which is in abundant display on here.

Oh, and I also have 'major problems' with Michele Bachmann. But NOT on the homosexual issue!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
The 'Gay' deal...we are not in ANY way in agreement! The rest of the above is still a pretty good amount of agreement. You are pretty 'open-minded' - I DON'T.... AND WON'T tolerate any 'closed-mindedness, which is in abundant display on here.
Pretty interesting you say you won't tolerate any "closed-mindedness" considering the vile crap you have spewed on this site about gays.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:37 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Just as a point of clarification--Romney's health care plan and the one passed by the Obama administration ARE nearly identical, right down to the mandate. Romney also wrote in the first version of his book that his plan could be a model for the nation--that statement was removed in later printings after he decided he would run for president.

The biggest difference between the plans is that Romney claimed his plan didn't require a tax increase--the problem with that argument is that it DID require substantial funding--they pulled in money from the feds, and from a previous tax increase passed in MA for a health care plan that was never enacted. The Obama plan didn't have an existing source of funds to draw from.

News analysis: Comparing Obama and Romney health laws - USATODAY.com

Obama and Romney health plans: Both borrowed from Richard Nixon - CNN.com
Thank you for the actual facts on the issue!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Pretty interesting you say you won't tolerate any "closed-mindedness" considering the vile crap you have spewed on this site about gays.
A homosexual lifestyle is PURE SIN!!!

Romans: 1st Chapter KJ Version - Almighty God's Word.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
A homosexual lifestyle is PURE SIN!!!

Romans: 1st Chapter KJ Version - Almighty God's Word.
This is why the GOP is in so much trouble right now. The base spews this kind of vile garbage which is a major turnoff to those in the middle. We don't live in a theocracy no matter how much you wish we did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections