Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
How does Herman know that there will probably be even MORE women coming forward with allegations?
do you always find people guilty before the trial? He doesn't know, he is making a prediction. have you heard the word: copycat?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
He needed to get out after presenting his 9-9-9 plan and foreign policy views, the rest is circus sideshow.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
This was the kicker with me beside some other stupid things that he has said in the past:

[SIZE=3]Maddow realizes that Herman Cain is an art project!!! - YouTube[/SIZE]

Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 AM

458 posts, read 776,869 times
Default Cain Women Plan Joint News Conference

Herman Cain's accusers may band together at news conference - latimes.com

Old 11-09-2011, 09:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The problem for me is the 999 plan.

You meant the Sim City plan?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:50 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Now we already had a report that this woman was seen talking with Herman Cain a month ago for 2 to 3 minutes. And yet he sits there and says he doesnt even remember her?
Cain is a presidential candidate, he probably meets with and talks to 300 new people a week. How on earth do you expect him to remember one person, and a person that is not particularly memorable?

If the guy who puts out produce at your grocery store came up to you right now would you recognize him? How about the guy at the counter where you bought a quart of oil for your car 4 months ago?

Herman is willing to take a lie detector test. Is the accuser? I think not.

Honestly, I think this will do more to strengthen Herman's position than hurt him. It think this little ruse is going to totally backfire. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wouldn't surprise me, perhaps Romney to...? Anything is possible, and believe me, politics is one dirty screwed up mess and I wouldn't put it past them...funny, how nothing was said before, and then all of a sudden, Cain started to gain popularity and walla....I rest my case....

fact is, I would want to know if these accusations are true...

but to be fair, every single day, in this world, thousands of men are hitting on women...if it doesn't happen, fine, if it does, all the better, but some men are very weak in that area...not all, but a lot of men are...period...human nature tells you that a man is weak...and if the chance behooves them, they will take advantage of the situation...again, gentlemen, I said some men don't....so, polize don't get all upset...

again, if this is true about Cain, I would want to know, as should we all know, but I have my doubts and do believe this whole thing is a set up...by whom, hard to say, but it isn't bigotry, the candidates running now see him as a huge threat, and those that run this country fear him...and with all they're money at stake, you mean to tell me you honestly believe they are above setting this up? I think not.

I'm not saying, this is a set up for sure, what I'm saying is...it's freaking time for America to wake up and stop being so darn naieve and trusting...especially when it comes to the media and money...sheesh...

the crime in this is...it's either true, or he's been set up...and by whom, who would have the most to gain by setting him up?

Think about it....
We will never know the "truth".

The truth in matters like these is subjective. It's not, did he mean to sexually harass a woman? No one intends to sexually harass another person. Men come on to women. Women flirt. People make sexual innuendoes. Some people are touchers. Some people hate to be touched. People are constantly setting boundaries. In the grocery store, there are people who feel uncomfortable when the person behind them "crowds" them in line. We all have different comfort levels, different definitions of personal space. And we subtly communicate to others when they cross the boundaries we set. When our cues aren't picked up, we feel even more uncomfortable. But when our cues aren't picked up, it doesn't necessarily mean they are being ignored. People misundersand the subtleties of human communication all the time.

That's why we handle sexual harassment the way we do, not as a crime, but as a communication issue. That's what we do. A person complains to human resources that they are feeling uncomfortable because they don't want a confrontation. Confrontations are communication. But a person doesn't want that, because it personalizes the relationship. So they refer the matter to a bureaucracy. Bureaucracies are about de-personalizing situations, about removing "personal" responsibility, and putting accountability on the organization instead of the person. So an employee refers the matter to a bureaucracy, that handles the complaint as a communication miscue. They explain to the person whose behavior is objectionable that they've misunderstood their target's responses, that a miscommunication has occurred, that the objectionable behavior needs to be stopped. Sometimes they have to explain exactly how a behavior is objectionable. A toucher discovers that not everyone likes to be touched. A jokester discovers that not all jokes are appropriate to the workplace. A flirt discovers that something was taken seriously that wasn't meant to be. Miscommunications.

We never can know if there was or was not an intent behind a miscommunication. Probably, the people involved don't even know for sure.

And that is why the issue at hand here is not the events that took place years ago. The issue at hand is what is happening today. Which is how Mr Cain is handling the past.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
What kills me is all the same allegations against Bill Clinton during his run for President and they were true as was the Oval Office cigar sessions.The Dimos reply was it was only sex.
Sorry, but the allegations against Cain seem to matter to Republicans or Democrats, the problem is the idiotic way that Cain is dealing with those accusations. I don't recall, now I do, they weren't settlements, they were agreements, this is a left wing plot (but I have no evidence), this is a right wing plot by Perry (but I have no evidence), we've confirmed that the accusers son works for Politico (but he doesn't).

These are indications of absolute incompetence writ large! If Cain wanted the story to go away, and away it would have gone, he should have simply admitted that their were allegations that were settled without any admission of guilt on his part and that left it at that. But no, Cain has to repeatedly throw gas on the fire, it works in the short run (more contributions) but eventually it runs thin and it is running pretty thin right about now.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Hate to be an interloper but you folks in the states have the same problem as we have in Canada - no one with any real personal dynamics or real leadership qualities wants to run for office - NO ONE!....all we have and you have are the usual talentless overly flawed twits ---who are like throw backs to high school.. the same useless and jerks that wanted to be president of the grade 9 class or the grade 2 hall monitor...HAVE raised their ugly pointed heads again and now want to take the most powerful office on earth - and it is our fault - Those with real ability did not want the responsiblity - and now we all pay for that deriliction of personal duty.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He needed to get out after presenting his 9-9-9 plan and foreign policy views, the rest is circus sideshow.
Cain can't even answer basic questions about his 9-9-9
plan.
And your right, the rest is just carnival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections