Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,159,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting...

Do you think Cain will smear their reputation's?
Probably not, he seems like a more honest person than Clinton. However, time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Do you KNOW these accusations are true? What if I reported you were a pedophile? You probably aren't but once the accusation is made it's hard to be free of it. Perhaps it is true, and if it is, then it will be proven out. If not, then hopefully it will basically be proven false and the story will at the very least die.
thanks. The article even says a unidentified source and there are many politicians as well as other people in the lime light that choose to settle these things out of court rather than get involved in a battle, not to mention whatever it was, if it did happen years ago. I read an article (column) this morning attacking Rubio for something. It doesn't make any difference what Republican it is, they are going to keep digging and digging until they find something to damage the persons character. If Cain did do something that was totally unexceptable he should be exposed, but let's see how far this thing goes. No, it isn't a Monica L thing like someone suggested.

Nita

Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Here we go, it's Clarence Thomas all over again...sheesh!
My thoughts exactly. There was a young black man working for Reagan years ago that went through a similar thing. He just resigned.

Nita

Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks. The article even says a unidentified source and there are many politicians as well as other people in the lime light that choose to settle these things out of court rather than get involved in a battle, not to mention whatever it was, if it did happen years ago. Of course I read an article (column) this morning attacking Rubio for something. It doesn't make any difference what Republican it is, they are going to keep digging and digging until they find something to damage the persons character.

Nita
Yes, JUST LIKE what the righties have done, heck they went so far back on Obama he wasn't even born yet. The truth is both sides sling mud, ya cannot whine about it while supporting those on your side that have done it in far greater numbers. In Cains case it does not even really matter, he is going nowhere anyway, so who cares if the guy is a creep. In May Cain will be back to flinging his pizzas.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
From your link,"Bill Clinton, President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice on December 19, 1998, but acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999.

The House DID impeach him. The Senate did not.
Maybe we're splitting hairs over semantics.
From what i remember the man never lost a day in office due to impeachment, and while there was some movement toward impeachment all charges were dropped and he fulfilled his duty in office right to the last day.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, JUST LIKE what the righties have done, heck they went so far back on Obama he wasn't even born yet. The truth is both sides sling mud, ya cannot whine about it while supporting those on your side that have done it in far greater numbers. In Cains case it does not even really matter, he is going nowhere anyway, so who cares if the guy is a creep. In May Cain will be back to flinging his pizzas.
I agree with you, the rightwingers need to get over the birther thing, but I also think it is a small percentage of them who want to continue the discussion. As for Cain, I have no idea how much further he will go, right now, I am certainly not supporting him, I am just tired of the slams to every Republican who is running, thinking about running or might run in the future. Did you see one place where I ever supported those who won't let the birth thing die?

If you are referring to Perry, because we were out of the country or out at sea for 2 weeks we just got pieces of what he said, but it appeared he pretty much said he really didn't know and there are more important things to worry about. If this is what he said, then I have no problem with this. If he honestly said, he thinks Obama is not legally able to be Pres because he wasn't born in the USA< I do have a problem with that.

Nita

Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Two Women Accused Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

"During Herman Cain's tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures."

I'm guessing Herman Cain is dead meat now!
Dead meat? Where are the facts, who are his accusers?

These incidents include conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature, taking place at hotels during conferences, at other officially sanctioned restaurant association events and at the association’s offices. There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship.

Gestures and suggestive language? Call out the FBI, we have a felony gestures case to prosecute. At the most, this sounds like Herman asked a few women out for a dinner date, and was turned down. Let this be a lesson to all men, never ask women out for a date, if they turn you down you will be haunted by it for decades.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women allegedly involved would not have been willing partners if their accusations were in fact true."

Like I said, you weren't there.

"Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners."

This statement draws a conclusion without evidence to support that conclusion.

Writing is fundamental too.
These are posts on a message board.....not legal briefs.

In my post I NEVER said Cain sexually harassed anyone.....I said he was accused of harassment......THAT was perfectly clear.

And yes, I wasn't there.....did I ever say I was?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:42 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,835,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you, the rightwingers need to get over the birther thing, but I also think it is a small percentage of them who want to continue the discussion. As for Cain, I have no idea how much further he will go, right now, I am certainly not supporting him, I am just tired of the slams to every Republican who is running, thinking about running or might run in the future. Did you see one place where I ever supported those who won't let the birth thing die?

If you are referring to Perry, because we were out of the country or out at sea for 2 weeks we just got pieces of what he said, but it appeared he pretty much said he really didn't know and there are more important things to worry about. If this is what he said, then I have no problem with this. If he honestly said, he thinks Obama is not legally able to be Pres because he wasn't born in the USA< I do have a problem with that.

Nita
The bold highlight is what he said.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Two Women Accused Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

So what. Anyone can accuse, but they must prove it to be true. Seems like this happened to another black conservative man in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections