Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,996,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He recused himself and handed the investigation to HR and the rest of the board.
Fine believe that a CEO and Member of the Board isn't party to the final decision to settle or fight the allegations... I don't care. As far as I am concerned this is an internal Republican issue. You folks sort all of this out, I don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 PM

402 posts, read 589,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Add to the mix deep pocket mentality jurists. Prime example the woman that sued McDonalds over hot coffee.T
Did you watch the documentary " Hot Coffee?" Do you know much about the case? If you think there was something wrong with that woman bringing a lawsuit after what happened, you clearly don't know much about the case. The funny thing is, you're the type that would end up like that man they talked about near the end of "Hot Coffee" who wanted to bring a lawsuit but found out he couldn't because of a bill he had voted for. He thought it didn't apply to him, only those who bring frivolous lawsuits.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: this just really reminds me of Clarence Thomas.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,154,315 times
I hope this is all there is to this Herman Cain thing. The only thing that is troubling is that he changed his story about three times now over a 24 hr. period. I read that the Cain campaign has known for about 10 days this was coming out. They should have been prepared with how to handle it better.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,809,871 times
Ya know what could really be devastating for Cain? He try and sweep this under the carpet somehow, think it's all over and THEN those women come out in public and speak. If they spill out some gory stuff, true or not no one will know or can prove, but Cain's career will be over overnight. Cain would do himself a favor by bringing everything out into the limelight now, and if there is anything to apologize over, do that. If the truth comes out in some other way, then no one will forgive him.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,193,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Did you watch the documentary " Hot Coffee?" Do you know much about the case? If you think there was something wrong with that woman bringing a lawsuit after what happened, you clearly don't know much about the case. The funny thing is, you're the type that would end up like that man they talked about near the end of "Hot Coffee" who wanted to bring a lawsuit but found out he couldn't because of a bill he had voted for. He thought it didn't apply to him, only those who bring frivolous lawsuits.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: this just really reminds me of Clarence Thomas.
Lets see i order coffee. I expect it to hot. very hot. It comes in a styrofoam or paper cup. Where do i not want to have hot coffee spill?
On my hand? No not really.
On my chest? No not really.
On my junk? No Never, anywhere but there.
Seriously common sense tells us hot is hot. coffee is sold hot unless its called icecoffee.
I watched 60 minutes about that case.
Bunn was the maker of the machine. I believe that the standard temp of coffee from that machine is 140 to 150 degrees. The machine in question was tested and it was within the range.
The woman was a dumb azz.
There is a reason ladders have all those warning stickers. They represent lawsuits. Lawsuits awarded by deep pocket jurists.
Make sure all feet are firmly on the ground. DUH
make sure the ladder is firmly against the surface. DUH.
do not stand on the top rung. DUH
3 points of contact. DUH
But people win anyway because the jurists think but this company is worth millions they can afford it.
back on topic why doesnt it remind you of the women who accused Bill clinton?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,199,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
He did not have sex . . . .
with that woman . . . .
Monica Lewinski.
And Herman Cain did NOT have sex....
with that woman....
Anonymous ! ! !

And to think it took the press over a year to spill the story on the Golden Pony. And they were forced to at that.

Christ... really. You just can't make up crap like this.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,154,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Ya know what could really be devastating for Cain? He try and sweep this under the carpet somehow, think it's all over and THEN those women come out in public and speak. If they spill out some gory stuff, true or not no one will know or can prove, but Cain's career will be over overnight. Cain would do himself a favor by bringing everything out into the limelight now, and if there is anything to apologize over, do that. If the truth comes out in some other way, then no one will forgive him.

You got that right. They need to be proactive, instead of reactive and tell it all right now. I am afraid there is going to be more to this story and Cain isn't going to tell it.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 AM

4,166 posts, read 6,303,981 times
I'm tired of politicians (on either side) who think they can get away with anything!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,519,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I'm tired of politicians (on either side) who think they can get away with anything!
who is trying to get away with anything? Just because someone makes a claim doesn't mean it is true. It appears, if there was anything to the stories and quite possibly there isn't, it was simply a comment not what most would call a true sexual harrassment situation. Stop trying to find someone guilty before they have had a fair trial. Maybe he did something inappropriate, maybe not. Most likely this is being blown all out of proportion..When there are names and those names come forward, I will take this a little more seriously.

Nita

Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 AM

9,316 posts, read 16,635,319 times
Obama's team is looking for anything to discredit a candidate. In business it is not uncommon for someone to get their back up at something said, whereas someone else wouldn't give it a second thought. It's possible the "cash" settlement was given as severance pay, not as a "shut your mouth." Obama's getting desperate.

Clinton was fooling around in the WH with Monica, lying to American people....what's the big deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections