Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times

Advertisements

See, it's not that black conservatives are expected to totally forgo the impulse to cash in the race chips when the opportunity presents itself, it's just that they are required to be particularly adept and meticulous at playing them so as not to bear any semblance of accusing conservatives in general of anything remotely related to race. They are only to be cashed in at the expense of those on the left.

Quote:
Relative to the left, I believe that race is a bigger driving factor. I don't think it's a driving factor on the right. This is just based upon our speculation
Herman Cain On Whether Race Played Role In Accusations: 'I Believe The Answer Is Yes' (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 12:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
So now he's playing the race card, I wonder if the right on c-d will denounce him like they do when liberals play it.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Because it was a consensual relationship. Which understandably is a foreign concept to most conservatives.

Consensual or not, it was extremely inappropriate.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Last week it was Perry, last month it was a host of others.

Make up your minds lefties.

The attacks continue to be tossing darts at anything that moves.

When the looney tune party sees someone rising they go on the attack because they are scared.

So far this month I do not see much if any attacks on Newt Gingrich. Why not?

Look it up, no attacks on Newt on this forum.

What are the loons going to do when he moves to 1 or 2 sometime soon?

I know, start the attacks again? Make up something? Draw blood?

Newt will be the next left wing anti American hate crowd attack dog, wait and see.

In Newt's case, they won't have to dig too hard. He has more baggage than all of the candidates put together. If he replaces Cain as the new flavor of the month for the Tea Party crowd, it will all start to resurface.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:45 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Default Like Perry, is Cain NOW... toast?

Cain fights to extinguish sex scandal| News24

''Countering earlier claims of ignorance, the surprised Republican contender acknowledged that one of two alleged accusers received a financial settlement from the trade association that he ran and where she was an employee.''

Last edited by quality guy; 11-02-2011 at 01:14 AM..

Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
For your 411, the woman's lawyer told CNN that another member of the NRA leaked the story. So, now you have several false accusations against Perry. Politico is turning out to be much more factual than you, Dixie.

Quit being such a whiner, it's all speculation on everyone's part. If I am not mistaken Romney has been your target from the get go. You really need to grow up and learn to take if you are going to dish.
Of course, someone in the know leaked it but it was because someone gave them something in return. That is how it works ususally. If it was brought about because of another candidate in the GOP, it only makes sense it was more than likely Perry or even Bachmann's campaigns because they would be the ones to benefit from the supporters Cain has...Tea Party. Those folks are only going to vote for Romney if they do when he is the last man standing.

Using the term 'false accusations' is the same thing as calling someone a liar which I am not. Most of what people are saying about this story is their own interpretation because the facts are not out and you are just as guilty of that as anyone.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
They have nothing here. Consider the timing. If this had been a knockout blow it would have been saved for the primary if they don't want him as the nominee, or the general, if they do. This is an effort to knock him off balance, but I think it has just motivated him and his supporters. It motivated me to send another check.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Herman Cain should be looking to "The Right" (specifically at Karl Rove) as the source of the story and not "The Left". He is getting a good little education in how the "The Right" really feels about him.

Karl Rove to Herman Cain: True or false? - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Herman Cain sexual harassment allegations: Damage-control marked by inconsistencies - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Herman Cain should be looking to "The Right" (specifically at Karl Rove) as the source of the story and not "The Left". He is getting a good little education in how the "The Right" really feels about him.

Karl Rove to Herman Cain: True or false? - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Herman Cain sexual harassment allegations: Damage-control marked by inconsistencies - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com
Karl Rove, Coulter and Limbaugh at times represent the worst of the Republicans.

This has been a calculated attack/smear campaign against Herman Cain and the cowards who orchestrated this should be exposed ( regardless of party affiliation).

There are some that theorize it is Romney and I believe this is false. Cain supported Romney as the Republican nominee against Mc Cain last time around.

Hopefully the real truth comes out, Cain is not a carreer politician and is not as experienced at handling this kind of attack.

Herman Cain has alot to offer and hopefully he'll be able to clear his name.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Yes, Cain is done. His 9-9-9 plan was getting shredded to bits, when this news broke about his past indiscretions. His attempts at damage control amount to evasive answers and baseless accusations of being "lynched." He's pathetic.

He hung his reputation and suitability on being President on the 9-9-9 plan and it stunk. He represents yet another sorry GOP candidate who doesn't stand a chance against President Obama.

The GOP is currently an embarrassment as reflected in their candidates and in their failure to discredit this President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections