Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 03:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Whoa there, slow down! Do you really think that the majority of blacks will support this clown? He has yet to meet with any of the political black organizations or even black media. As a person of color, I can see that he is not qualified for the position and for the life of me can't see why anyone else can either. This man knows absolutely nothing about foreign affairs and even less about domestic ones. He does not even realize that his "nein, nein,nein plan will have have to get approve by Congress (which they wont do) and when asked simple questions his reply has been that he will tell you later after he gets elected. Basically as I said before, he is being used to attack the current president with racially because he can say what republican leaders are thinking but cannot say themselves without being labeled as being racist
Herman Cain has painted himself into a corner...anything less than being "pure as the driven snow" and he opens himself up to his real political foes (aka the GOP hard liners a la Karl Rove and their $$$ backers a la the Koch brothers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:09 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Think about Lee Atwater and Karl Rove; do you remember how it was spread in South Carolina that McCain's adopted daughter was his "biracial love child?" This is classic Rove. If Cain had been prepared, we wouldn't have the agonizing slow drip of info and ever-changing stories.
Rove would've gone way darker and meaner, besides sexual harassment allegations make a Republican even more popular among the base. Rove would know that.

From a standpoint of Cain finding a way out of the campaign before the Iowa caucus while maintaining his cred for a future Fox News show, the only logical solution is Cain leaked the story himself.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:12 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
His rise in the polls may be short lived. I just saw this--evidently a political polling consultant was actually there when one of the incidents took place--he was a witness. He says he can't talk about what actually happened for legal reasons, but "if she comes out and talks about it, like I said, it will probably be the end of his campaign." He said the problems were common knowledge with anyone associated with the NRA, and that it was just a matter of time before it came out publicly. Ouch.

Oklahoma Consultant Claims He Witnessed Cain Harassment | KTOK-local - NEWSRADIO 1000 KTOK-AM

Ouch, indeed. As others have noted, the Cain camp should have seen this coming from a mile away and been prepared. Having the story come out in bits and pieces is like Chinese water torture. Men in powerful positions sometimes use their position to sexually harass or coerce women-especially young women-
because they feel entitled and untouchable. American politicians on both sides of the aisle have been learning that such behavior will no longer fly.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,339 times
Third Woman Accuses Herman Cain Of Harassment; Witness Goes Public : It's All Politics : NPR

Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Democrat motto:

Values and integrity? Who needs values and integrity!
Do Republicans have values and integrity.....or do they just want to legislate yours?

Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Default Perry pollster: "I saw Cain harrass women"

A pollster working for the Perry campaign has said he personally witnessed Hermann Cain harrassing a woman at the National Restaurant Association dinner, and that "If the truth comes out, it won't be pretty. It will be the end of his campaign"

Well, I guess now we know who's camp leaked the story! This thing has Perry's fingerprints all over it.

Perry-Connected Consultant: I Saw Herman Cain Harass Women | Election 2012

Old 11-02-2011, 03:20 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Default Cain Blames Former Senate Campaign Staffer, Now Perry Employee

Herman Cain told Forbes that he believes Curt Anderson, who worked on his 2004 senate campaign and whose firm is now employed by the Perry campaign, is responsible for the leaks about the sexual harassment allegations. From Forbes:
“I told my wife about this in 1999 and I’ve got nothing to hide,” Cain told me Wednesday. “When I sat down with my general campaign consultant Curt Anderson in a private room in our campaign offices in 2003 we discussed opposition research on me. It was a typical campaign conversation. I told him that there was only one case, one set of charges, one woman while I was at the National Restaurant Association. Those charges were baseless, but I thought he needed to know about them. I don’t recall anyone else being in the room when I told him.”
Curt Anderson phoned me to say “I never heard about this story until I read about it in Politico. I have nothing but good things to say about Herman Cain. I’m not going to bad-mouth Herman Cain to anyone, on or off the record. I think he is a guy of great leadership and integrity.”

Cain Blames Former Senate Campaign Staffer, Now Perry Employee - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 11-02-2011 at 03:51 PM..

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You really need to keep up with the news..! Cain is now 10 points ahead of the next contender, and the money is pouring in..!
Telling lies about the man is doing wonders for his campaign...

What? You think the Perry camp is lying about Cain's indiscretions?

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Rove would've gone way darker and meaner, besides sexual harassment allegations make a Republican even more popular among the base. Rove would know that.

From a standpoint of Cain finding a way out of the campaign before the Iowa caucus while maintaining his cred for a future Fox News show, the only logical solution is Cain leaked the story himself.

Can't say that I disagree; Rove makes Atwater look like Pollyanna. If Cain leaked the story, he did a poor job of planning its execution. The past few days have made him look like a prize dissembler.

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
In a court of law, this is known as hearsay. Of course, we all know the court of politics has a much lower standard of proof. If a sitting president can claim a blow job is noty sex, then in the end, it doesn't really matter if Mr Cain did or did not harass "that" woman, Miss Lewinsky. Oops, that was another politician.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
His rise in the polls may be short lived. I just saw this--evidently a political polling consultant was actually there when one of the incidents took place--he was a witness. He says he can't talk about what actually happened for legal reasons, but "if she comes out and talks about it, like I said, it will probably be the end of his campaign." He said the problems were common knowledge with anyone associated with the NRA, and that it was just a matter of time before it came out publicly. Ouch.

Oklahoma Consultant Claims He Witnessed Cain Harassment | KTOK-local - NEWSRADIO 1000 KTOK-AM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections