Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i need people to convince me why i should care about these allegations, as it seems people dont, and that its the media who is pushing this.

conservatives are circling the wagons around cain more then ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
that's the way this game is played. Especially for the most important position in the world.

The Cain camp had a 10 day heads up on this and really did a terrible job. If this is the way he handles things as unimportant to some as this is, not a good sign at all.
How were they supposed to comment on settlements that had confidentiality agreements?

What were they suposed to say?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
First, am a conservative and I really like Herman Cain. I like what he has brought to the race.

However...

We now have three women accusers and two eyewitness accounts of Mr. Cain's bad behavior. I think we reached the tipping point where you can't just keep blaming other campaigns and the very real media bias. I expect it to only get worse as the week goes on, with more people coming forward.

My prediction is he will cancel all public appearances for the rest of the week and be out of the race by the weekend.

Imagine if Cain won out in the primaries and this came out just before the general election.
Herman Cain is an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen, and no amount of funding from the Koch brothers can change that. It's up to your god-awful party to figure that out and put the brakes on it before that runaway freight train of the primary season goes too far down the track.

But heck, I'll enjoy it. Four more months of Cain just might mean four more years of Obama, so keep it up. This is great fun to watch -- for Demtards like me anyway.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Herman Cain is an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen, and no amount of funding from the Koch brothers can change that. It's up to your god-awful party to figure that out and put the brakes on it before that runaway freight train of the primary season goes too far down the track.

But heck, I'll enjoy it. Four more months of Cain just might mean four more years of Obama, so keep it up. This is great fun to watch -- for Demtards like me anyway.
Specifically, why?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
If there is any real truth to the alligations I don't care who leaked it, if there isn't it is deplorable.

Nita

Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Specifically, why?
Is this is a serious question?

Look, having a sexual scandal is one thing -- most people can ignore that. People can probably even forgive a second or third complainant popping up out of the woodwork, too. But it's his handling of it -- I mean, dude, come on....he's literally the gift to the Democratic party that keeps on giving. Does he really think that reporters are just going to forget about this and let him focus on his publicity events? What is he going to do, hide in a decked out 'Cain Cruiser' bus? He's running for the f-ing White House. Maybe it's time his supporters start figuring that out.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
This is way worse IMO:

Cain War mongering In Bill O'Reilly Interview Tonight - YouTube

This guy just doesn't think before he talks!
No kidding! We don't want this dude anywhere near the button. Scary stuff.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM

730 posts, read 827,610 times
Quote:

Look, having a sexual scandal is one thing -- most people can ignore that. People can probably even forgive a second or third complainant popping up out of the woodwork, too. But it's his handling of it -- I mean, dude, come on....he's literally the gift to the Democratic party that keeps on giving. Does he really think that reporters are just going to forget about this and let him focus on his publicity events? What is he going to do, hide in a decked out 'Cain Cruiser' bus? He's running for the f-ing White House. Maybe it's time his supporters start figuring that out.

ooh please... not that im supporting his actions or him as a candidate.. everyone has a past. i remember obama attending a certain church that had a certain reverend giving sermons there... hmmm ring any bells? and yet he was elected president. bill clinton was cheating on his wife constantly and getting it non stop in the governor's mansion and white house. and yet he was elected. most people even consider him a good president

Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:

What was he supposed to say about a settlement with a confidentiality agreement?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
The right wing media was defending Cain all the way until he accused one of their other darlings of leaking this. Now, they are turning on Cain in defense of Rick Perry...what a kooky mess this is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections