Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I did not get my ideas on Paul from MSM, you righties need to drop that myth it don't float. At first I was interested in the man, then I dug deeper and I was not pleased by his ideas. Reform is a good idea, trashing it all and staring over is NOT an option. There are other ways besides the Paul way, maybe if the GOP would stop whinning so much and start working with the Dems we could make some actual progress, guess that is too much to ask, especially since the radical far right Tea Baggers are taking over the GOP. So get used to where we are, the GOP wants it that way unless they get total power, which is not going to happen.
Rightie? I have always considered myself liberal and voted for Obama in 2008 but I have since realized that all this Democrat vs. Republican tirade is a show. Both parties are the same they just play the two sides against one another. Both are responsible for America becoming a Corporatocracy. Any candidate not talking about corruption in The Federal Reserve does not understand the source of all economic problems in our country and certainly does not deserve my vote.
Obama will probably win though and I will still vote for him if he is up against any other Republican besides Ron Paul-I just don't see things changing very soon if that is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
We already have, you just have a selective reading problem.
No not at all. All you've done is ignore and deny and not used any facts whatsoever. Just silly cheerleader statements.
Again why do you back failed policies that bring economic ruin to this country and cost us the lives of our military personnel over nothing to do with protecting our borders? I guess those rocks Iran can throw at us can do damage huh?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Rightie? I have always considered myself liberal and voted for Obama in 2008 but I have since realized that all this Democrat vs. Republican tirade is a show. Both parties are the same they just play the two sides against one another. Both are responsible for America becoming a Corporatocracy. Any candidate not talking about corruption in The Federal Reserve does not understand the source of all economic problems in our country and certainly does not deserve my vote.
Obama will probably win though and I will still vote for him if he is up against any other Republican besides Ron Paul-I just don't see things changing very soon if that is the case.
Why? Why vote for Obama? He's just as much the problem as any Republican who he might come up against, aside from Dr. Paul. I implore you to look at 3rd party options or writing in Dr. Paul.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Why? Why vote for Obama? He's just as much the problem as any Republican who he might come up against, aside from Dr. Paul. I implore you to look at 3rd party options or writing in Dr. Paul.
I deplore your suggestion!!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I deplore your suggestion!!
:t ape:I deplre your style of posting!!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Most of sane, rational America views Ron Paul as a Radical.

All these 'defenses' by you Paul fanatics will never change that fact!
I'm not a radical by any stretch of the imagination. But Ron Paul predicted our current economic crisis in such detail a decade ago with such precision and detail that it borders on eerie. I can't think of any other politician who was anywhere close to this prescient.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Originally Posted by quality guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm not a radical by any stretch of the imagination. But Ron Paul predicted our current economic crisis in such detail a decade ago with such precision and detail that it borders on eerie. I can't think of any other politician who was anywhere close to this prescient.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul was psychic. But he's sure a Radical.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:

Radical? The guy was right. What I think is insane is continuing to listen to the same people who were wrong before and are wrong today. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgxn4pD08s4

Too bad whatever candidate you like couldn't have been this foresighted. We would have avoided a mess of hurt.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
I did not get my ideas on Paul from MSM, you righties need to drop that myth it don't float. At first I was interested in the man, then I dug deeper and I was not pleased by his ideas. Reform is a good idea, trashing it all and staring over is NOT an option. There are other ways besides the Paul way, maybe if the GOP would stop whinning so much and start working with the Dems we could make some actual progress, guess that is too much to ask, especially since the radical far right Tea Baggers are taking over the GOP. So get used to where we are, the GOP wants it that way unless they get total power, which is not going to happen.

Care to explain one of these other ways you speak of?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:

Herman Cain vs. Ron Paul On Economy - YouTube

Ron Paul Calls the Housing Collapse in 2003 - YouTube

Yeah clearly being able to diagnose the reasons for our current mess and the way out it is "kooky" and "radical."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections