Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:18 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times

Advertisements

Cartoonist Nick Anderson summed his flip flops up well:

The Cartoonist Group - Image View and Uses

The caption reads:

So. Governor Perry. You used to be a democrat? You were even Al Gore's Texas Campaign Chair in 1988? You supported farm subsidies, and even collected them for your own farm while you were in the Texas legislature? You briefly interrupted the promotion of you book, which criticizes federal overreach, to demand federal assistance for wildfires? Fed Up! You've attacked Texas cities as "Sanctuary Cities" if police don't inquire about immigration status on routine stops... even though your own department of public safety has the same policy? You rail against government intrusion into private lives... but you mandated Merck's HPV vaccine for young girls (while two of your former aides were working for Merck)? You criticize federal spending... while balancing the Texas budget with $17 billion in federal stimulus funds? At first, you supported New York's right to pass a same-sex marriage law... then reversed yourself when religious conservatives howled? You've hinted that Texas could secede from the Union... but now you want to be President of the Union? Rick Perry. What do you really believe in? Rick Perry

This just gets us started on Perry's flip flops over the years. I will add more for your viewing pleasure. Seems Perry might want to lay off the flip flop smears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Perry is horrible candidate, etc. But not a dime's difference in Perry and Romney. - Both are totally Un-Fit to be the political leader of this Nation!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 PM

Seems Perry was even a fan of Hillarycare, the precursor to Obamacare. He even wrote her a nice letter and said this:

In a letter to Clinton, who is now U.S. Secretary of State, Perry wrote: “I think your efforts in trying to reform the nation’s health care system are most commendable.”

Read more: Rick Perry | Letter to Hillary | Praise Hillarycare | The Daily Caller
Flip flop again! Keep watching!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 PM

865 posts, read 676,118 times
Yeah, pretty bad. Still not in Mitt territory. I don't think any politician will ever break Romney's flip-flop record, but Perry shouldn't get a free pass because of that.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:54 PM

His latest flip flop was called out by Chris Wallace just yesterday on energy subsidies. Seems he like them when he or Texas is getting them, but wants to do away with them when he is President???

Rick Perry acknowledges Energy Susidy Flip Floop

By Shira Schoenberg, Globe Correspondent

Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry said today that he has changed his position on federal subsidies for nuclear energy.
After asking the government for a federal loan guarantee for a Texas nuclear power plant, Perry now says he opposes using any federal money for energy subsidies.
“I’ve changed my position from the standpoint of having any desire to have the federal government (involved),†Perry said on Fox News Sunday.
Perry, the governor of Texas, has campaigned for president on the platform of making Washington less intrusive in the public’s daily life, including getting the federal government out of subsidizing or giving tax credits to any form of energy production.
But The Washington Post recently reported that Perry – along with Texas Representative and presidential candidate Ron Paul – supported an attempt to get the federal government to approve a federal loan guarantee to help NRG Energy expand a nuclear facility into Texas.

Rick Perry acknowledges energy subsidy flip-flop - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/10/rick-perry-acknowledges-energy-subsidy-flip-flop/Nc06uvPEWyT0Q02G1PdQAL/index.html - broken link)

There he goes again! Flip flop....keep watching!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Yeah, pretty bad. Still not in Mitt territory. I don't think any politician will ever break Romney's flip-flop record, but Perry shouldn't get a free pass because of that.

I am just getting started...not finished yet.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Seems Perry was even a fan of Hillarycare, the precursor to Obamacare. He even wrote her a nice letter and said this:

In a letter to Clinton, who is now U.S. Secretary of State, Perry wrote: “I think your efforts in trying to reform the nation’s health care system are most commendable.â€

Read more: Rick Perry | Letter to Hillary | Praise Hillarycare | The Daily Caller
Flip flop again! Keep watching!
Don't overlook that she didn't start out giving the impression it would be a mandate. I particularly recall her working on reform and "choice" being her calling card.

Quote:
"Clinton's campaign, aware of the inevitable attacks, planned a careful rollout of its health-care proposal," the Washington Post writes. "Rather than giving a single speech on health care, she gave two addresses earlier this year on improving health-care quality and reducing costs. Her aides argued that it was particularly important for Clinton to show that her approach to reforming health care would be different this time around and focused on rebutting charges that her plan was not like the 1993 proposal… Clinton's campaign dubbed the new proposal the American Health Choices Plan, and the candidate used the words 'choice' and or 'choose' more than a dozen times in her 45-minute address."
First Read - Hillary's health plan

Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
His latest flip flop was called out by Chris Wallace just yesterday on energy subsidies. Seems he like them when he or Texas is getting them, but wants to do away with them when he is President???

Rick Perry acknowledges Energy Susidy Flip Floop

By Shira Schoenberg, Globe Correspondent

Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry said today that he has changed his position on federal subsidies for nuclear energy.
After asking the government for a federal loan guarantee for a Texas nuclear power plant, Perry now says he opposes using any federal money for energy subsidies.
“I’ve changed my position from the standpoint of having any desire to have the federal government (involved),” Perry said on Fox News Sunday.
Perry, the governor of Texas, has campaigned for president on the platform of making Washington less intrusive in the public’s daily life, including getting the federal government out of subsidizing or giving tax credits to any form of energy production.
But The Washington Post recently reported that Perry – along with Texas Representative and presidential candidate Ron Paul – supported an attempt to get the federal government to approve a federal loan guarantee to help NRG Energy expand a nuclear facility into Texas.

Rick Perry acknowledges energy subsidy flip-flop - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/10/rick-perry-acknowledges-energy-subsidy-flip-flop/Nc06uvPEWyT0Q02G1PdQAL/index.html - broken link)

There he goes again! Flip flop....keep watching!
You conveniently, left out that he said, "I have learned..."

Learning is not in the same category as a flip-flop. You don't "learn" that one day abortion is okay and another day you don't, like Mitt.

Many people believed a lot about climate change, global warming and the need for going green. But, like Perry said, "I learned." So, did we all. These over-regulations have grown and not as necessary as they tried to make us think. And there is no way we can get off the oil until we have more innovation in other areas. As Perry said, "We are not there with all of this yet."

And, frankly, from the standpoint of Newt Gingrich and his Pelosi ad - I think he has learned as well.

Nice try, dixie.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Rick Perry's Confederate Symbol Flip Flop is Gonna Be a Problem in South Carolina

Evan McMorris-Santoro October 27, 2011, 11:50 AM 17916275 Rick Perry used to stand with those in his party who reject any idea that the Confederate flag is anything but a reminder of the South’s proud heritage. Yesterday he did an about-face, picking up the rhetoric used by Confederate flag opponents who call for its banishment from Southern state houses and license plates to the scrap heap of history.
The shift is not going to play well in the state that kicked off the Civil War War Between The States 150 years ago, South Carolina Republicans tell TPM.
At issue is a call in Texas for license plates that bear the stars and bars of the Confederate battle flag. After taking heat from Democrats for sidestepping the controversial proposal Perry commented on the suggested plates for the first time yesterday, and said he opposed them.

We don’t need to be scraping old wounds,” he told a Florida TV station.
It’s that “old wounds” thing that’s going to be trouble in South Carolina, Republicans said. Here’s what Southern Republican politicians usually sound like when it comes to Confederate symbols.

Rick Perry’s Confederate Symbol Flip-Flop Is Gonna Be A Problem In South Carolina | Election 2012

Old 10-31-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You conveniently, left out that he said, "I have learned..."

Learning is not in the same category as a flip-flop. You don't "learn" that one day abortion is okay and another day you don't, like Mitt.

Many people believed a lot about climate change, global warming and the need for going green. But, like Perry said, "I learned." So, did we all. These over-regulations have grown and not as necessary as they tried to make us think. And there is no way we can get off the oil until we have more innovation in other areas. As Perry said, "We are not there with all of this yet."

And, frankly, from the standpoint of Newt Gingrich and his Pelosi ad - I think he has learned as well.

Nice try, dixie.

Oh, I see, it's ok for Perr to learn, and Lord knows he needs to, but it's not ok for Mitt Romney to change. It doesn't work that way. It's like when a poll doesn't reflect what some want, it's a fluke but when it does it's the 'most accurate'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections