Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

In what may be the most impressive and surprising sign of the Herman Cain phenomenon yet, the Republican presidential candidate was essentially tied with native son Gov. Rick Perry in Texas, of all places.

Poll: Cain And Perry Tied In Texas : It's All Politics : NPR

Could it get much worse for Rick Perry! He isn't even leading in his own home state???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 01:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,395 times
Pretty decent Obama numbers in the match-ups too.

Pretty awful numbers for Ron Paul, considering he's from Texas. This is why I will never take RP seriously.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Pretty decent Obama numbers in the match-ups too.

Pretty awful numbers for Ron Paul, considering he's from Texas. This is why I will never take RP seriously.
That is what I think is far more interesting. Obama is statistically tied with Romney in Texas in the general election. I am curious about that 19% who say someone else though and if they will come around to Romney if he is nominated.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is what I think is far more interesting. Obama is statistically tied with Romney in Texas in the general election. I am curious about that 19% who say someone else though and if they will come around to Romney if he is nominated.

It's the Mormon thing. Or the flip-flopper thing. Or more likely a combination of both.

In any event, I hope Obama campaigns in Texas, to force the GOP to waste time and resources in this very, very red state.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
It's the Mormon thing. Or the flip-flopper thing. Or more likely a combination of both.

In any event, I hope Obama campaigns in Texas, to force the GOP to waste time and resources in this very, very red state.

Or the Perry thing or the Tea party thing.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
In what may be the most impressive and surprising sign of the Herman Cain phenomenon yet, the Republican presidential candidate was essentially tied with native son Gov. Rick Perry in Texas, of all places.

Could it get much worse for Rick Perry! He isn't even leading in his own home state???
I would have to see a little less biased polling to beleive this is truely the case. Any Texas Tribune poll could be very slanted.

Nita

Old 11-01-2011, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

No matter how bad Slick Rick is, Texans are loyal to their fellow Texans.

Perry will win the Texas primaries and Ron Paul will be second.
I know this even though, I will be voting Paul.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
If you follow state politics, its not surprising. Perry isn't wildly popular here in Texas and barely won his last reelection. Bush was far more popular and well-liked when he was running for President from the Governor's chair.

Perry has done a loong list of stupid things as governor- the HPV debacle, trying to ruin the UT system (tampering with the Board of Directors as well as funding) because he graduated from the rival school, meddling in the Big XII athletic conference, being weak on immigration & border patrol, trying to build high speed rail and Tollroads residents don't want & don't want to pay for.

He is a textbook example of "cronyism".

I'm a card carrying Republican, too.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No matter how bad Slick Rick is, Texans are loyal to their fellow Texans.

Perry will win the Texas primaries and Ron Paul will be second.
I know this even though, I will be voting Paul.
I'm also voting for Paul!

Hubby wants to vote for Perry to get him out of TX!! I keep saying he can do far worse damage in the White House than as the power weak TX governor.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would have to see a little less biased polling to beleive this is truely the case. Any Texas Tribune poll could be very slanted.

Nita

I don't know how accurate any polling it, but I was surprised it was even close. I have lots of friends and some family in Texas and I thought Perry would carry that overwhelmingly. Even if there is big Tea Party influence there I thought they would still go with Perry. Of course, Al Gore never carried his home state of Tennessee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections