Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Agreed. We do not know the details of what exactly transpired. However, what he do know is sexual harassment accusations of at least two women (perhaps three) were made against Cain in the late 90's. Cain came to financial settlements with the women who made the accusations including a year's salary in at least one case. That we do know. We also know Cain's initial statements regarding the matter do not match up with the current facts.
cain did NOT make any settlement with his accusers, the NRA did. cain had NOTHING to do with any settlement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
To be fair, we don't have enough information one way or the other. It is all speculation until/unless facts come out. If Cain deserves the benefit of the doubt then doesn't the woman (or women) as well?

just sayin...
I believe Cain to be innocent, but I sure don't see that he was EVER given the benefit of the doubt. He was tried and convicted by the left wing press....

Old 11-04-2011, 04:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I believe Cain to be innocent, but I sure don't see that he was EVER given the benefit of the doubt. He was tried and convicted by the left wing press....
As Cain actually is not a participant, that could only be a trial of the left wing press against itself, thus it's own loser.

Verdict for the Left Wing Press... Guilty ! ! !

Now, go hang yourselves.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
To be fair, we don't have enough information one way or the other. It is all speculation until/unless facts come out. If Cain deserves the benefit of the doubt then doesn't the woman (or women) as well?

just sayin...
Yes as always i agree with you, to be honestly fair, we do not have enough facts.

I Worked in a professional office for many many years, i saw many things going on during that time, i will say this, a scorn woman, is not a nice thing, and i saw things that happened.
Do not know enough facts in this situation, but women do things just because, i saw this happen on numerous occasions. And actually heard women plotting, nice ha. They even got pissed off if a certain man did not pay attention to them but someone else.

In this case, more factual information needs to come out, if at this point even true, sometimes you make a settlement, i understand even if innocent. I knew a innocent man, who was almost hung sort to speak by a evil bi---. I was told this by a good lawyer friend, oh he told me things i could not believe about women.

And if he did, he is wrong and should be held accountable. But in the nineties this happen, and comes out now.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:54 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Would you give the press your name if you were her? Seriously? How did the d's treat Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, or any of the rest of them when they were identified? They had every aspect of their lives hashed through, they were called whores and crazy--they got death threats--would you want to go through that? Do you think that somehow conservative media is going to handle them with white gloves and respect? They would be just as ruthless.

This person had a bad enough experience with Cain 15 years ago that she left the organization with a year's worth of salary in settlement. One other woman also got a similar settlement, a third is claiming he harassed her as well, and at least two credible witnesses have come forward saying they've directly observed him behaving in a sexually inappropriate way toward female staff and subordinates.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
He may only be guilty of acting like a guilty man.

If he were my candidate, I would be disappointed in how he handled the whole thing from the beginning.

He was quick to point fingers - Romney, Perry, Raham, etc., with no evidence, but was offended when it happened to him.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She doesn't want to go public now, but it's ok to lie and smear a good man's name, right?

So...I guess we STILL don't know what the liberal MSM is alleging, right?
The liberal MSM? Last time I checked, the Cain campaign was accusing other Republicans of leaking this info. Also, what allegations are you talking about here? I've heard mainstream outlets reporting that there were two harassment settlements. That seems to be factually accurate. Thus, what are you WHINING about?

By the way, maybe if you put down that Cain flavored Kool Aid, you'd focus more on how ill prepared Cain was for this. They definitely didn't do a good job of getting out in front of this story.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
She says...never mind.

Cain accuser stands by sexual harassment complaint - CNN.com

She doesn't want to go public now, but it's ok to lie and smear a good man's name, right?

The woman never came forward in public in the first place. She never told the story the MSM, it was found out some other way. She never "lied and smeared" anyone's name, she never made this public. I'm confused at why you're upset at her?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
I love how we're still seeing the "liberal media is out to get the black guy" meme. It totally ignores the fact that the "liberal" media has been overhyping and pumping this guy up for damn near a month now! Herman Cain didn't rise in the polls based on his own merits, he was a creation of the MSM from the get go. He won a strawpoll in FL and the MSM **** themselves pumping him up and hyping him endlessly. This guy's been a trainwreck from the start and he's a bubble candidate. All bubbles burst at some point.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
She says...never mind.

Cain accuser stands by sexual harassment complaint - CNN.com

"She" did not break the story, Politico did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Would you give the press your name if you were her? Seriously? How did the d's treat Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, or any of the rest of them when they were identified? They had every aspect of their lives hashed through, they were called whores and crazy--they got death threats--would you want to go through that? Do you think that somehow conservative media is going to handle them with white gloves and respect? They would be just as ruthless.

This person had a bad enough experience with Cain 15 years ago that she left the organization with a year's worth of salary in settlement. One other woman also got a similar settlement, a third is claiming he harassed her as well, and at least two credible witnesses have come forward saying they've directly observed him behaving in a sexually inappropriate way toward female staff and subordinates.
Agreed. Once Kobe Bryant's accuser's name was conveniently leaked, she ended up dropping the charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections