Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:41 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

Romney is having a hard time connecting with the voters and distinguishing himself from the pack. Soundly rejected in '07, he has no more business being reconsidered than Ron Paul. Here is a vintage Romney encounter with a passenger on a flight he took to Boston. This guy cannot beat President Obama, Pubs.

An Aloof Romney in a Plane Encounter - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
And let's hope not !!!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:33 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Or maybe he just wanted to be left alone while he was flying...

Obama on the other hand would have spent the whole flight inciting violence by trying to get the coach cabin passengers to attack his fellow first class passengers because they're evil and rich and deserve to pay for everyone's drinks and flight tickets.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Default Romney reeks of insincerity; can't win

It's obvious to even a casual observer that Romney will say anything to any audience to gain temporary approval. He's a milionaire's son who simply wants to add "president of the USA" to his biography. He has nothing to offer. He's an empty suit; a Rick Perry with more smarts.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Would ya look at that, he looks downright obnoxious ignoring this woman.

http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/437099820.jpg (broken link)

@Risalavizzo I tried to talk to #MittRomney about single bil... on Twitpic

Maybe Dr. McClanahan should leave people alone and stop bothering them for pictures.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM

CarolynMcC Carolyn McClanahan @

@GYSC16 @reformedbroker I have no idea. He happened to be flying coach last night.

22 Oct

CarolynMcC Carolyn McClanahan

And that is my tweet down on #MittRomney. Thank you Mr. Romney for listening to my input. I took about 4 minutes of the 2 hours, so not bad.

22 Oct

8. I am grateful to all the politicians who have the guts to run for office. They have to put up with a lot. #MittRomney really was nice.

22 Oct

7. I'm just as bad as the rest of the people on the plane, because I had to get a picture so people would know I'm not full of poop.

22 Oct

6. My #hcr speeches will be much more fun after meeting #MittRomney for those of you who don't think they are a blast already.

22 Oct

5. I did not try to talk to #MittRomney other than asking if I could say just a little on #hcr. My expertise obviously did not interest him.

22 Oct

4. He has to eat too much on the run. Not sure how he stays fit. Ate a Delta Quick Snack

3. I felt sorry for him. Bunch of people wanted autographs and 1 guy will now donate to his campaign -guess b/c he flew like the rest of us?

22 Oct

2. Although he was very nice, the personality conveyed by the press to the rest of us appeared dead on.

22 Oct

1. Politicians aren't allowed to talk about anything real with real people.

22 Oct

Here is the promised tweet down from my 2 hours spent with #MittRomney on my flight @ReformedBroker u might like this pic.twitter.com/nlwOvalu

22 Oct

@amarantac #MittRomney had no response. I think they aren't allowed to talk to real people on anything more than a superficial basis.

22 Oct

@ronlieber I think #MittRomney and his hair were tired.

21 Oct

I couldn't pass up a minute to discuss #HCR with #MittRomney. He listened politely and it was like talking to a wall. He was nice though.

21 Oct

@AtypicalArts no joke. I was respectful for the two hours as I am sure he is worn out. #MittRomney

21 Oct

@ronlieber Yes he apparently does. I'll tweet later about our conversation. He is still next to me waiting to get off plane.

21 Oct

My seat mate on the flight to Boston #MittRomney yfrog.com/ntlreocj

21 Oct

So I am sitting next to Mitt Romney on my flight to Boston.

21 Oct

Old 11-07-2011, 07:04 AM

I'm not sure I would have been anywhere near as nice to this nutjob as Romney was. Get a F'n life lady.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,790 times
Not surprising, really. You can tell Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney has disdain for what he would refer to as "little people".

This was probably going on in his mind the whole time: How dare these little people speak to me! Don't these peasants know who I am?!?!? I was born filthy rich!! Therefore I am entitled to the presidency!! Little people, be gone!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Look, I'm not voting for Mitt Romney but I don't think he should be held captive by a blabbering seatmate on an airplane.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Look, I'm not voting for Mitt Romney but I don't think he should be held captive by a blabbering seatmate on an airplane.
I would normally agree to this, except that one has to wonder what he was doing flying coach in the first place. If he wanted to travel unobserved he would have flown first class or hired a private jet, as I'm sure is his preferred mode of travel. But it's obvious he wanted to be seen flying coach to seem more accessible, more like one of the regular folk.

The thing is, he's not one of the regular folk--he's running for president. You would think he would be more prepared for encounters like this and use them to his advantage. Instead, all he did was harden the perception that he is cold and inaccessible to everyday Americans--not the message I'm sure his campaign was hoping to send by putting him in coach. He'd be better off dropping the ruse and going back to first class. Overall, it would be less damaging to his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections