Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 PM

187 posts, read 181,770 times

Advertisements

Why should we be surprised that all the current presidential GOP candidates are just a bunch of imbiciles. I think you have to go all the way back to Nixon in order to find the last competent GOP leader, after him, we had Reagan, who was clearly demented since elected in 1980, making many of his decissions based on the horoscope, then we had Quayle- a picture perfect illiterate moron, crowned by baby bush the perpetrator of the worst presidency ever. I think it all stems from the base of the party which is made out of religious fanatics, racist and intolerant groups, the uneducated, radical haters etc., if you squeeze lemons, you should expect lemonade....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,550,919 times
Nixon was loved by the left?

Who knew?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,349,227 times
Nixon was left of center by today's standards. He favored a national ban on handguns. He started the first federal affirmative action program and created the EPA. He imposed anti-free-market wage and price controls. Created the DEA (a nannyist and therefore lefty enterprise, at least by my standards). Reagan redefined the political spectrum.

As for the OP, if you're going to call people illiterate, imbeciles, etc, at least learn to spell first.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nixon was left of center by today's standards. He favored a national ban on handguns. He started the first federal affirmative action program and created the EPA. He imposed anti-free-market wage and price controls. Created the DEA (a nannyist and therefore lefty enterprise, at least by my standards). Reagan redefined the political spectrum.

As for the OP, if you're going to call people illiterate, imbeciles, etc, at least learn to spell first.
And where did it get him? Nixon was beheaded by the left.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,648,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
And where did it get him? Nixon was beheaded by the left.
Yep, Nixon's downfall was all the fault of the left. Couldn't possibly have been because of his actions

Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,251 times
Ron Paul = not an imbecile

What is the point of posting this? Obviously only to annoy conservatives as you called them "religious fanatics, racist and intolerant groups, the uneducated, radical haters".

But no, that isn't intolerant of conservatives.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:40 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,915,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Why should we be surprised that all the current presidential GOP candidates are just a bunch of imbiciles. I think you have to go all the way back to Nixon in order to find the last competent GOP leader, after him, we had Reagan, who was clearly demented since elected in 1980, making many of his decissions based on the horoscope, then we had Quayle- a picture perfect illiterate moron, crowned by baby bush the perpetrator of the worst presidency ever. I think it all stems from the base of the party which is made out of religious fanatics, racist and intolerant groups, the uneducated, radical haters etc., if you squeeze lemons, you should expect lemonade....
Instead of making a half-informed post, why not go all the way? The Democrats are also a bunch of imbeciles. They all are. Stop with this Democrats good, Republicans good and vice versa BS already

Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Yep, Nixon's downfall was all the fault of the left. Couldn't possibly have been because of his actions
He was hated by the left before Watergate came along.

Another Republican who wasted his time getting along with Democrats.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post

Speaking of imbeciles...pot meet kettle..lol. Isn't it interesting that if Reagan were demented when he took office (and he wasn't), he still did a much better job than Obama has. Doesn't say much for his leadership, does it?

Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,931,671 times
I do not think most of the Republican candidates are imbeciles ... well, Bachmann and Santorum for sure - but they are just a freak side-show ... not part of the "Big Top."

Just because one doesn't agree with a candidate's political philosophy does not mean that candidate is not intelligent, thoughtful and sincere. I've heard some interesting and reasonable positions put forth by most of the candidates and even if I didn't agree with that platform or idea I still respect the person.

Personally I think Ron Paul has some fresh and original ideas; however I do not think he has much of a chance to get the nomination. Let's face it, it's the party bosses and big money that selects the nominee, not the 'grass-roots'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections