Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

Newt wants to continue the war on drugs, the empire building,the healthcare mandate,climate change legislation...

I can see how he'd be much different than Obama lol
He's good on Guns and Taxes if you can believe him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
I think Newt could destroy Obama in a debate. I would certainly support him if he wins the nomination.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM

400 posts, read 294,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Are you kidding? Newt would wipe the floor with Obambee precisely because he is his polar opposite! If there is anything we need in this country it is the a 180 degees from Obama
Uh huh.

Gingrich? The guy who used to agree with Nancy Pelosi that global warming was caused by humans, and something we needed to do something about right away? The guy who loves the health insurance mandate? (or is that so last spring, and he's flipped now?) They guy who claimed in early March that if he was President he would immediately implement a no-fly zone and order Ghaddafi to leave, then in late March after NATO established a no-fly zone insisted it was a terrible idea, and he never would have done any such thing?

This is the floor-wiper you're talking about?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post
Uh huh.

Gingrich? The guy who used to agree with Nancy Pelosi that global warming was caused by humans, and something we needed to do something about right away? The guy who loves the health insurance mandate? (or is that so last spring, and he's flipped now?) They guy who claimed in early March that if he was President he would immediately implement a no-fly zone and order Ghaddafi to leave, then in late March after NATO established a no-fly zone insisted it was a terrible idea, and he never would have done any such thing?

This is the floor-wiper you're talking about?

Information changed by then and Newt like a good leader moves as the information and intel allows.

No one on that stage is a liar and flip flop mess as the idiot we have in the WH right now.

My dog would do better then Obama. Newt would totally call Obama out on his lies, corruption and failures and you know it. Be afraid of Newt vs Barry. It would be a total butt kicking as the fraud Obama would be exposed for what he is.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:12 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Am I the only one who thinks that Newt is not all that intelligent?

He's smart in the sense that he can formulate an answer and make it sound sophisticated in a way similar to the nonsensical corporate groupthink and buzzwords you'd here from the head of a marketing department. When you lift the hood and kick the tires though the guy doesn't really have much new to say.

Two things that really get me are his lean six sigma nonsense and his almost technocratic economic platform. Take what he was rambling about on Monday when he kept going on and on for a minute about US growth in the future and how the federal gov't should be sponsoring a very largesse approach to curing diseases of the CNS. News flash Newt, all of the big pharma companies are systematically shutting down their CNS departments due to the terrible allocations since they started trying to push the six sigma thing down everyones throat. Yeah Newt, lets through billions of dollars into it only to have the same outcome that your doubling of the NIH budget when you were speaker have had.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Newt is not all that intelligent?

He's smart in the sense that he can formulate an answer and make it sound sophisticated in a way similar to the nonsensical corporate groupthink and buzzwords you'd here from the head of a marketing department. When you lift the hood and kick the tires though the guy doesn't really have much new to say.

Two things that really get me are his lean six sigma nonsense and his almost technocratic economic platform. Take what he was rambling about on Monday when he kept going on and on for a minute about US growth in the future and how the federal gov't should be sponsoring a very largesse approach to curing diseases of the CNS. News flash Newt, all of the big pharma companies are systematically shutting down their CNS departments due to the terrible allocations since they started trying to push the six sigma thing down everyones throat. Yeah Newt, lets through billions of dollars into it only to have the same outcome that your doubling of the NIH budget when you were speaker have had.
Yea Lean Six Sigma is a joke, I remember that kind of BS at the Forge Shop right before I retired

Its just another form of bureaucracy....

Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 PM

458 posts, read 776,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I think Newt could destroy Obama in a debate. I would certainly support him if he wins the nomination.
I don't think you win the general election on debates alone. I do think that Newt is the most intellectual of the candidates.

It comes down to attack ads and who is the best at the get out to vote drives. Another factor for this election is how bad the economy is on election day.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:32 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
I don't think you win the general election on debates alone. I do think that Newt is the most intellectual of the candidates.

It comes down to attack ads and who is the best at the get out to vote drives. Another factor for this election is how bad the economy is on election day.
Newt is certainly more intellectual than the other flavor of the month anti-Romney candidates (Bachmann, Cain, Perry), but just because he can utter complete sentences doesn't exactly make him intelligent (seems so compared to the others). Huntsman I would say is the most intellectual of the GOP candidates.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Information changed by then and Newt like a good leader moves as the information and intel allows.

So when someone you like changes their mind its called a good leader because they are using updated info but when someone who you hate does the same thing its called flip-flopping? What kinda stuff are you smoking?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 PM

400 posts, read 294,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Uh huh...

In May, Gingrich called the Ryan plan "right wing social engineering", then said he supports it the next day. I guess the 'information and intel' changed overnight...

On March 7, Gingrich castigated the Obama Administration for not acting in Libya, saying if he was President he would immediately implent a no-fly zone. On March 23, he castigated President Obama for implementing a no-fly zone and said as President, he never would have done so. I guess you imagine that relevant 'information and intel' (and, somehow, weirdly you think that American intelligence is funnelling this to former Speakers of the House) changed in 16 days...

Last spring, Gingrich re-iterated that he supports health insurance mandates. Has he flipped yet on this? You seem to think so, because apparently the health care 'information and intel' changed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections