Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:59 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You disagree with what? Did you think the order or who they asked the questions of had some protocol to it?
I tuned in a few minutes late and it seemed to me they had Huntsman in the Ron Paul role of Left Out and the only reason they didn't leave out Paul as much as Huntsman is because they think Paul's foreign policy answers are oddball and wanted to put them on display. In their opinion he makes a lot of sense on the economy so they don't let him speak as much.

What I like is some of the candidates had their silent "Bleep you, moderator!" moments when they flat out told the moderator they were answering the question they never were asked to answer but then when they started to talk, he stepped all over them, especially at the end of the question.

REALLY, REALLY CBS gets the award of worst performance by a network and it's moderator in the 2011 Debate Season. At a minimum they should get Bill O'Reilly's PINHEAD award on Monday. The candidates should refuse to do another one on CBS.

Last edited by LauraC; 11-13-2011 at 01:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 01:38 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Leave it to the leftist "moderator" to insert himself into the debate;

Newt was GREAT here.

Gingrich Lectures combative debate moderator on rules of war - YouTube
"dead men tell no tales" I am very suspicious of the stories surrounding Awlaki - it sounds to me like he may have been set up as a scapegoat. If they allowed him to be brought to trial, perhaps we would find out that this so called "evidence" couldn't pass muster, or a grand jury.

Donations to the Obama campaign
Quote:
Meanwhile, al Awlaki was the subject of a terror-finance investigation of the now defunct SAAR Group, which was funded by the Saudis. It is relevant to note here that an official of the SAAR Group, Jamal Barzinji, a prominent donor and supporter of Barack Obama, signed the deed for the Dar al-Hijrah mosque where al Awlaki was the Imam. And speaking of taxpayer’s money, it was recently reported by the Investigative Project on Terrorism that the U.S. Census Bureau has been paying Dar al-Hijrah about $23,000 per month since November 2008 to rent space in one of its buildings. Also, the U.S. State Department has used the mosque in promotional videos about America’s Muslim community, and sent students from its Foreign Service Institute to Dar al-Hijrah.
and this
Quote:
Investigators intercepted and detained al Awlaki at JFK Airport in New York on October 10, 2002 upon his arrival in the U.S. on Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight 35 from Riyadh. When questioned, he gave investigators his address as 3159 Row Street, Falls Church, Virginia, which is the address of the Dar al Hijrah Islamic Center.
Believing that they were about to take al Awlaki into custody on the felony arrest warrant, investigators were surprised and angered to learn that the arrest warrant was cancelled by David M. Gaouette, the interim U.S. Attorney for Colorado at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Denver the day before al Awlaki was scheduled to arrive in New York. This, despite the fact that al Awlaki was on a terror watch list and that Gaouette was fully briefed on Awlaki’s terror ties. Following orders has its rewards, though. Gaouette has since been appointed to his present post as the U.S. Attorney in Denver by Attorney General Eric Holder.
The strange case of Anwar al Awlaki

As Ron Paul said, we should not give up on our rule of law. U.S. citizens have a right to due process, period!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,395 times
Worst. Debate. Moderator. Ever. I loved how he told the crowd to stop cheering, and they did it anyway. LOL!

Scott Pelley is a buffoon. But the real loser was the entire GOP field of clowns. Jon Huntsman and President Obama were the only winners at last night's bozo debate.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:05 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Default Just found this about Dumbo Pelley and CBS Disaster

Ron Paul 2012 Podcast

In yet another disgrace of a debate forum, CBS News and The National Journal hosted a neocon-inspired Commander-in-Chief debate, in which Dr. Ron Paul was almost completely ignored (despite a strong 3rd place in the polls the early primary states). The debate was moderated by CBS' Scott Pelley, and was held at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. The Congressman was consistently cut short during his responses and was not even given the opportunity to respond to challenges from other candidates! To add insult to injury, CBS News actively promotes John Huntsman as the anti-war candidate, in contrast to the others who absurdly tried to get to the "right" of Obama on militarism and aggression! Dr. Paul did answer a few questions about the Iranian threat, torture/enhanced interrogation, and assassinations.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:08 AM

I thought I'd check the CBS take on it's own debate. Of course, they didn't mention their own lousy performance like how dumb it was to switch to a re-run of NCIS:

CBS News/NJ GOP debate: Winners and losers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

But the candidates ripped CBS:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...rolina-debate/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/13/politi...ed-gop-debate/

Last edited by LauraC; 11-13-2011 at 02:23 AM..

Old 11-13-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I thought I'd check the CBS take on it's own debate. Of course, they didn't mention their own lousy performance like how dumb it was to switch to a re-run on NCIS:

CBS News/NJ GOP debate: Winners and losers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

But the candidate ripped CBS:

GOP Candidates Blast CBS News’ for ‘Disgraceful’ Bias at South Carolina Debate - ABC News
That's exactly why I ignored the CBS NEWS Link...30 minutes ago.

C'mon Laura, you're smarter than that!

Like asking 'red China' are they fair and honest? Of course they are.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:59 AM

703 posts, read 2,941,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Worst. Debate. Moderator. Ever. I loved how he told the crowd to stop cheering, and they did it anyway. LOL!

Scott Pelley is a buffoon. But the real loser was the entire GOP field of clowns. Jon Huntsman and President Obama were the only winners at last night's bozo debate.
I agree the structure of this debate was abysmal. However, fact is, Pelley told the crowd NOT to boo or jeer. He never said to stop cheering. FYI.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:08 AM

I know who is helping Rick Perry bone up on foreign policy and he had a really good debate last night. Do you guys know who is helping the other governors and the businessman get up to speed on foreign policy? I don't.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I know who is helping Rick Perry bone up on foreign policy and he had a really good debate last night. Do you guys know who is helping the other governors and the businessman get up to speed on foreign policy? I don't.
Yeah, I know too. The bush clan.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

I didn't hear him tell the audience not to cheer. I did hear him tell them that booing would not be allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections