Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I loved that Romney slapped him good for insisting he was out of time when he actually wasn't.

Of course, Newt's major smack down was fun to watch as well.

The format of the debates is awful. The only one so far that was any good as far as format was the one where they all sat around a table and discussed nothing but economic issues.

The 30 sec answer that gives the gleeful media a soundbite they can use against them is ridiculous and I don't know why any of the candidates agreed to this tired, worn out "gotcha" style of debate.
Funny you should mention it, I was just watching some of that debate - it was an excellant format, casual, with time allotted to express their view. This is the discussion where Cain says he thought Greenspan did a great job.

Ron Paul Highlights in 10/11/2011 Presidential Debate - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
What should be embarrassing for CBS...was the apparent total BIAS CBS News has toward Republicans...instead of, as a major Network, giving at least the appearence of remaining neutral. But>>NO, it actually looked like, the way Punk Pelley went overboard to mis-treat ALL the candidates, that CBS didn't care if the 'world' saw that CBS wanted to disturb and DAMAGE, the Republican party, by trying to humiliate them. - Really so un-professional.

Yes, I doubt if they hosted a Democratic debate it would be anything like that.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yes, I doubt if they hosted a Democratic debate it would be anything like that.

Well, after all...we're talking about the > Clinton Broadcasting System < aren't we.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,953,490 times
Quote:
Well, after all...we're talking about the > Clinton Broadcasting System < aren't we.
You can't spell CBS without BS.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
On Meet the Press this morning, George Will stated that his wife has signed on to help prepare Perry for debates. He felt he should be up front about that. ( I agree. He did the right thing in disclosing that info.) She has worked for several other conservative candidates in the past.
John Bolton is helping him on Foreign Policy. Rick Perry said it, himself. I happen to think highly of Bolton.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
John Bolton is helping him on Foreign Policy. Rick Perry said it, himself. I happen to think highly of Bolton.
Yes. Mr Bolton seems decent. I listen when he talks. But, as has been said, STRONGLY...today, all over news outlets, etc., Perry is Done!

Can John Bolton revive a politically 'dead' man?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,136 times
Quote:
Yes. Mr Bolton seems decent. I listen when he talks. But, as has been said, STRONGLY...today, all over news outlets, etc., Perry is Done!

Can John Bolton revive a politically 'dead' man?
The war mongerers will like his positions. Keep it up, it only helps Ron Paul.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The war mongerers will like his positions. Keep it up, it only helps Ron Paul.
Only Almighty God can change things for Ron Paul, woman.

You believe HE WILL?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,920,204 times
Quote:
Only Almighty God can change things for Ron Paul, woman.

You believe HE WILL?
No wonder why you think he can't win, you think only a fictional character has some magical power to help him...it all makes sense now.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No wonder why you think he can't win, you think only a fictional character has some magical power to help him...it all makes sense now.
You just exposed what some Paul people believe. (don't BELIEVE) Better HOPE and PRAY God will have MERCY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections