Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:26 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Jesus, I feel like I'm trying to explain physics to my dog.

Your link is from July, his disapproval rating was 59%. Still following me?

NOW his disapproval rating is hovering in the 50% mark, an improvement of almost 10%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
The current comments on that linked article say it all.

• by RM Location: Milwaukee on Aug 25, 2011 at 09:57 AM
    The real poll is in the comments below. It IS how Wisconsin residents feel. Prior to this post, 72% of you either supported Scott Walker or denounced the poll, 23% of you are blind as a bat as to how the former democratic governor conspired with the unions to rip off the majority of the citizens of this great State. Only a few made neutral comments. Scott Walker is to be commended for taking the high road while the unions and the wackos amongst the school teachers threw every rock and stone they could come up with using our money to do it. Many teachers probably new what was going on, so when I saw the minority in Madison (herding our uninformed children along), it was like watching a leach sucking on a system, and saying, feed me more. Don't get me wrong here, as I believe most teachers are good people. I don't know about you, but it frightens me no end that school systems everywhere have cut off access to classes to us parents. It should frighten you no end as to what the children are being taught each day. Are they being taught reading, writing, arithmetic and how to think, or are many teaching our children to be like Jim Doyle who knowingly let this all happen, and also highly profited from it. Doyle should probably be indicted, but it is realy time to move on. But, what other skeletons are in the closet? And now that time has passed, Scott Walker's popularity will probably zoom having made this
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by RM Location: Milwaukee on Aug 25, 2011 at 08:58 AM
    Yes, this was a random poll of 55% union bosses and their underling hacks.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Jamie Location: Madison on Jul 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    Wow, this is actually a great poll for Walker. Think about it was taken by a liberal University, heavily slanted that way. If they only polled a little more than 500 people they didn't go to far out of their way. Look at the real numbers across the state. All you recal Walker folks may want to remember there are a lot more people in Wisconsin than just Madison. I bet by the time elections come around for Walker he will be elected by at least 60%.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Jon Location: Little Chute on Jul 17, 2011 at 03:32 AM
    Hahaha, hey pollster's, try reach outside the democratic box and ask some of us country folk what we think. Oh, that's right, it doesn't matter what we think. If you rubes in Madison think it stinks, well it MUST be true. Yeah, let's just kick him out of office and bring good ol' Jimbo back. I had to put up with his crooked politics for how many years and you didnt see me out their like a lost sheep, with my pretty sign. I figure he was voted in, the people had enough of the Republican, pocket lining idiot. Here's a solution... BAN ALL SPeCIAL INTEREST GROUPS from politics. Tell them they can contribute X amount of money to a party of their choosing. This country is no longer ran by individuals, but rather Corporations who line pockets of dirty politicians and yes they are on both sides of the party lines.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by j Location: madison on Jul 16, 2011 at 08:14 AM
    I,m surprised it is that high,not surprised about Obama, Not that I think the Dems have done a stellar job, What doe's surprise me more people aren't feed up with the whole bunch and ready to do something to take this country back into the hands of the people regardless of party lines, It floor's and alarms me that so many(especially Conservatives) fail to admit this started with Reaganomics and has been inevitable for many years yet we put up with it and Blithely choose to believe the BS that feeding the rich will someday feed the poor. We as a people should be ashamed of ourselves for our greed and ignorance.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Anonymous Location: lone rock on Jul 14, 2011 at 09:01 PM
    I THINK HE IS DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Fargo44 Location: Ohio on Jul 14, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    Ha this poll also shows 50% approve of Obama? Really? That's a pretty good indication that the poll is heavily weighted toward democrats -- what else from a University sponsored poll? I doubt that Scott Walker is anywhere near that out of synch with the voters.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

Old 11-13-2011, 10:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Jesus, I feel like I'm trying to explain physics to my dog.

Your link is from July, his disapproval rating was 59%. Still following me?

NOW his disapproval rating is hovering in the 50% mark, an improvement of almost 10%.
Tell your dog that the poll you cited was done by this group which is biased and I know you are against biased reporting.

Quote:
The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (renamed in 1981 from the International Center for Economic Policy Studies) is a conservative, market-oriented think tank established in New York City in 1978 by Antony Fisher and William J. Casey,
Manhattan Institute for Policy Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
The current comments on that linked article say it all.

• by RM Location: Milwaukee on Aug 25, 2011 at 09:57 AM
    The real poll is in the comments below. It IS how Wisconsin residents feel. Prior to this post, 72% of you either supported Scott Walker or denounced the poll, 23% of you are blind as a bat as to how the former democratic governor conspired with the unions to rip off the majority of the citizens of this great State. Only a few made neutral comments. Scott Walker is to be commended for taking the high road while the unions and the wackos amongst the school teachers threw every rock and stone they could come up with using our money to do it. Many teachers probably new what was going on, so when I saw the minority in Madison (herding our uninformed children along), it was like watching a leach sucking on a system, and saying, feed me more. Don't get me wrong here, as I believe most teachers are good people. I don't know about you, but it frightens me no end that school systems everywhere have cut off access to classes to us parents. It should frighten you no end as to what the children are being taught each day. Are they being taught reading, writing, arithmetic and how to think, or are many teaching our children to be like Jim Doyle who knowingly let this all happen, and also highly profited from it. Doyle should probably be indicted, but it is realy time to move on. But, what other skeletons are in the closet? And now that time has passed, Scott Walker's popularity will probably zoom having made this
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by RM Location: Milwaukee on Aug 25, 2011 at 08:58 AM
    Yes, this was a random poll of 55% union bosses and their underling hacks.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Jamie Location: Madison on Jul 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    Wow, this is actually a great poll for Walker. Think about it was taken by a liberal University, heavily slanted that way. If they only polled a little more than 500 people they didn't go to far out of their way. Look at the real numbers across the state. All you recal Walker folks may want to remember there are a lot more people in Wisconsin than just Madison. I bet by the time elections come around for Walker he will be elected by at least 60%.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Jon Location: Little Chute on Jul 17, 2011 at 03:32 AM
    Hahaha, hey pollster's, try reach outside the democratic box and ask some of us country folk what we think. Oh, that's right, it doesn't matter what we think. If you rubes in Madison think it stinks, well it MUST be true. Yeah, let's just kick him out of office and bring good ol' Jimbo back. I had to put up with his crooked politics for how many years and you didnt see me out their like a lost sheep, with my pretty sign. I figure he was voted in, the people had enough of the Republican, pocket lining idiot. Here's a solution... BAN ALL SPeCIAL INTEREST GROUPS from politics. Tell them they can contribute X amount of money to a party of their choosing. This country is no longer ran by individuals, but rather Corporations who line pockets of dirty politicians and yes they are on both sides of the party lines.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by j Location: madison on Jul 16, 2011 at 08:14 AM
    I,m surprised it is that high,not surprised about Obama, Not that I think the Dems have done a stellar job, What doe's surprise me more people aren't feed up with the whole bunch and ready to do something to take this country back into the hands of the people regardless of party lines, It floor's and alarms me that so many(especially Conservatives) fail to admit this started with Reaganomics and has been inevitable for many years yet we put up with it and Blithely choose to believe the BS that feeding the rich will someday feed the poor. We as a people should be ashamed of ourselves for our greed and ignorance.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Anonymous Location: lone rock on Jul 14, 2011 at 09:01 PM
    I THINK HE IS DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

• by Fargo44 Location: Ohio on Jul 14, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    Ha this poll also shows 50% approve of Obama? Really? That's a pretty good indication that the poll is heavily weighted toward democrats -- what else from a University sponsored poll? I doubt that Scott Walker is anywhere near that out of synch with the voters.
    Reply [ Report Abuse ]

Seriously? You are quoting peoples' comments as facts?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Tell your dog that the poll you cited was done by this group which is biased and I know you are against biased reporting.

My dog is too busy laughing at union trash from Wisconsin who are freaking out because they're fighting a huge losing battle. *******s always talk down to people about "voting against your own best interests" as if they know what's best for everyone... now they have to explain to the voters of WI to vote AGAINST their own best interest by trying to recall Walker even though he's helping the state in great ways.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Seriously? You are quoting peoples' comments as facts?
I'm quoting them as examples, I've seen tons of people saying the exact same thing. The people of WI see the benefits of the legislation that YOU fought against, they see who was right and who was wrong. You are on the wrong side of history.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
My dog is too busy laughing at union trash from Wisconsin who are freaking out because they're fighting a huge losing battle. *******s always talk down to people about "voting against your own best interests" as if they know what's best for everyone... now they have to explain to the voters of WI to vote AGAINST their own best interest by trying to recall Walker even though he's helping the state in great ways.
Your posts are deteriorating.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:

PPP is a right wing pollster now?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
And you preach unbiased sources in your posts. Look at who conducted this poll. LOL!

New poll reflects divide on bargaining limits - JSOnline
Um....you know Doug Shoen is a DEMOCRAT, a BIG democrat pollster?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
PPP is a right wing pollster now?
Anything and anyone who doesn't tow the labor union line is right wing according to these nut jobs.

I'd love to see what their answer is for "what if"... what if Walker isn't recalled, what if he keeps his seat and things continue to improve due to his legislation. How will you fight against him then?

What if you guys do manage to recall Walker and you replace him with some ******* union friendly POS. What if you win and things in your state begin to go back to the way they were, ie school districts going broke. Then what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections