Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
All these "not-Romney" candidates, and still, Republicans are going to end up with Romney. He is the GOP establishment pick, regardless of what the rank and file want. Paul is too much a rogue--he doesn't toe the party line, and therefore the GOP will do whatever it takes to make sure he's not nominee. Too bad the right couldn't put up any decent candidates to challenge Romney--now you're stuck with the RINO. But on the plus side, he'll be whatever you want him to be, so it's not all bad.
Romney reminds me of the old Tina Turner song -- private dancer. He's your private dancer, a dancer for money, do what you want him to do -- he's your private dancer, a dancer for money and any old music will do.

That should really be his campaign song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 09:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
More and more people are seeing Dr. Paul's message rings true and has been true for decades.
They are understanding the fascist big government one world order problem, we face today. The very people that want him silenced. The truth has no lies. There is no scandal, there is no corruption. THERE IS THE CONSTITUTION!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:51 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Probably not. They're trying to stay away from Ron Paul as long as they can. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they started pushing Sanatorium.
Sanatorium is all they have left its more likely they know its MITT they just want to pretend they are giving ACTUAL conservatives and smalll government republicans a "choice"
You know it will be Mitt, Mitt, Mitt and as they go thru close to the primaries it will be cain, perry, newt just someone long enough to get them to the primaries so Mitt can move Floridia up in case he loses IOWA. After all FL will be considered important then any other state because Mitt won it :-) lol

If these people made their plans anymore clear a first grade would know what is going on.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
All these "not-Romney" candidates, and still, Republicans are going to end up with Romney. He is the GOP establishment pick, regardless of what the rank and file want. Paul is too much a rogue--he doesn't toe the party line, and therefore the GOP will do whatever it takes to make sure he's not nominee. Too bad the right couldn't put up any decent candidates to challenge Romney--now you're stuck with the RINO. But on the plus side, he'll be whatever you want him to be, so it's not all bad.
lol he changes colors more than a cameleon

Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Correct, he is not Romney, Romney will get the GOP Nomination, Paul will not, simple as that.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Correct, he is not Romney, Romney will get the GOP Nomination, Paul will not, simple as that.

It is your only hope to keep the Progressive agenda moving ahead.

Only Progressives who will vote Obama in the General, are rooting for Romney, because they themselves know Obama's days are numbered and Romney is easily bought off.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is your only hope to keep the Progressive agenda moving ahead.

Only Progressives who will vote Obama in the General, are rooting for Romney, because they themselves know Obama's days are numbered and Romney is easily bought off.

Exactly, the fact that he/she dislikes Paul so much and speaks so vehemently against him over all the other GOP candidates is because in truth he/she knows that Paul is the only real threat to the status quo he/she so cherishes.

All the bourgeoisie in this country hate him for the same reasons, because he represents peace and freedom and prosperity and safety for the American people ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-18-2011 at 11:08 PM..

Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't know, but the thought occurred to me today. I'm probably the biggest Paul skeptic there is, even though I agree with most of what he says. Especially regarding domestic policy. I just haven't seen him as remotely electable.

No question that the R field is a train wreck now. We've got green-job supporting gun-banning, ObamaCare inventor Mitt Romney as the front-runner. We've got Cain & Perry stumbling from one gaffe to the next. And in 2nd place now (maybe winning Iowa) we've got 'Gingrich the liberal' as Wapo columnist Jennifer Rubin rightly (pun intended) calls him today
Gingrich: The phony intellectual - Right Turn - The Washington Post

We've been through 3 'not Romneys' now--Perry, then Cain, and now Gingrich. Is it possible that Ron Paul could make a move? I look down the list, and I don't see anyone else. He's stilll at around 8-9 percent, but then, so was Gingrich until a couple or so weeks ago.

The R field is a trainwreck, and nobody wants another four years of Obama. Have we hit the once-in-a-lifetime scenario where a libertarian could actually get elected US President?
Very very unlikely!!! Of course anything can happen, but what you mainly are seeing and hearing is a very loud and loyal group of Paul supporters that are in the minority big time!!!!

Nita

Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Well, I'm a huge supporter of his, but if that does happen, I can already see the path it will take. The media will just try to destroy him on the false allegations of the news letters and that he is racist due to his statements on the CRA, both will be totally misrepresented but the general public wont actually take the time to understand it and they will assume what the media says is true, instead of listening to what Paul actually says and how he explains his views on personal freedom being completely contradictory to a racist mindset. Cain has his sexual harassment, Newt has his consulting issues, Perry had his issues...they build them up and knock them down...it sells papers, and puts eyeballs in front of the TV/Computer screen and makes them money....doesnt matter if any of it is based in truth.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:47 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well, I'm a huge supporter of his, but if that does happen, I can already see the path it will take. The media will just try to destroy him on the false allegations of the news letters and that he is racist due to his statements on the CRA, both will be totally misrepresented but the general public wont actually take the time to understand it and they will assume what the media says is true, instead of listening to what Paul actually says and how he explains his views on personal freedom being completely contradictory to a racist mindset. Cain has his sexual harassment, Newt has his consulting issues, Perry had his issues...they build them up and knock them down...it sells papers, and puts eyeballs in front of the TV/Computer screen and makes them money....doesnt matter if any of it is based in truth.
Those newsletters are going to mess him up. No doubt. They just are. He should have been more careful about what was printed under his banner back in the 80s and 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections