Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:57 PM

267 posts, read 175,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think you missed one candidate. One guy who has been consistent in his message and voting record since his first term in Congress...
"Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone there has it figured out. We have a lot of work to do."

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

I believe this does say it all!
No, there is no consistancy, or TRANSPERANCY as promised. You do believe in fairy tales, don't you? You are sooooooooooooo brain washed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Nice!

But will Republicans remember to use that..."versatility of conviction" seems kinda tough on the ole crowd.

I suspect they'll just go back to "flip-flopper".
Maybe he is just being smart, this time around? Yes, the Dems do want to get their teeth into him, but they can't. So, this bash Romney thread was created. It seems, he is willing to be flexible? What are the dems and republs doing now to us? NEITHER SIDE, will give it. I don't blame the Republicans who don't want more spending. Liberals don't understand what that means; the saving part and not spending part. Liberals just want to party hearty, and not worry about WHERE the money is coming from. Spend, baby, spend. (worry later, but there is no later)

So, most are upset about moral issues? Well, Romeny is married to one wife for about 45 years, who has MS and is standing by her. They have five sons. all clean cut, and not one of them has any Dui's or illegal drug use, or tats. Romney himself does not smoke, drink or is unfaithful to his wife.
I know the liberals want to find some dirt so badly.
What you call flip flop, I see as someone who can see the OTHER SIDE of things. That is a good thing.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Maybe the answer is, all of the above?

"For Mitt Romney this is like the good old days at Bain Capital, except this time his takeover involves not another company but the Republican Party. In fact, Romney is seeking a hostile takeover of the conservative movement, methodically moving to take over Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and finally Newt Gingrich. Conservatives might remember what Romney did after he took over companies. You did not want to be a worker in a firm Romney took over. He liked layoffs.

I now expect Romney to move fast to the right for a few weeks while he buys stock in the Republican nomination. Once he owns a majority of shares, if he does, that is when he begins to sell his conservative positions, and start buying to his center and his left to get ready for Obama. Goodbye, conservative, hello, moderate, once the time is right for Mitt.

Who would be the political equivalent of the workers Romney laid off when he took over companies? Of course, conservatives."

Mitt Romney's hostile takeover of the right - The Hill's Pundits Blog

If ever there was a threat to the Tea Party conservative movement, Romney is it.
"If you thought the half-billion-dollar, stimulus-funded Solyndra solar company bust was a taxpayer nightmare, just wait. On its heels comes yet another alleged pay-for-play racket: LightSquared.
LightSquared is the firm building “a state-of-the-art open-wireless broadband network. Competition in the industry is a good thing, of course. But military, government and civilian aviation experts have long objected to LightSquared’s potential to interfere with the Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite network. As the government’s Positioning, Navigation and Timing agency explained:
"The GPS community is concerned because testing has shown that LightSquared’s ground-based transmissions overpower the relatively weak GPS signal from space. Although LightSquared will operate in its own radio band, that band is so close to the GPS signals that most GPS devices pick up the stronger LightSquared signal and become overloaded or jammed.”
The problem besides the GPS interference with our military, government and civilian aviation systems is that two high-ranking witnesses -- Air Force Gen. William Shelton and Anthony Russo, director of the National Coordination Office for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing -- have blown the whistle on how the White House pressured them to alter their congressional testimony and play down concerns about LightSquared’s threat to military communications. The Daily Beast reported that both officials were urged to express confidence in the company and endorse its promise to address any technical concerns “within 90 days.”
Shelton had noted this year: “Within three to five miles on the ground and within 12 miles in the air, GPS is jammed by [LightSquared’s] towers ... If we allow that system to be fielded and it does indeed jam GPS, think about the impact. We’re hopeful we can find a solution, but physics being physics, we don’t see a solution right now.”
Despite industry protests, the firm got fast-track approval for an FCC waiver that grants LightSquared the right to use wireless spectrum to build out a national 4G wireless network on the cheap. Ken Boehm of the conservative National Legal and Policy Center, summed up the deal thus: “LightSquared will get the spectrum for a song, while its competitors [e.g., AT&T and Verizon] have to spend billions.”
The “fix” LightSquared proposes for the interference problems is a costly pipe dream that could require retrofitting of millions of handheld GPS devices. GPS expert Eric Gakstatter scoffs: “As we’ve seen previously with LightSquared, it’s not about finding a practical solution for the GPS-user community; it’s all about selling an idea to the FCC. The problem is that the FCC doesn’t have to live with LightSquared’s half-baked ‘solution’; we do.”
So what’s greasing LightSquared’s skids? Hint: It used to be known as “Skyterra.” In 2005, Barack Obama put $50,000 into the speculative firm............................ The New York Times noted that Skyterra’s chief backers at the time included four Obama “friends and donors who had raised more than $150,000 for his political committees.”
One pal who urged him to buy stock in Skyterra was George Haywood, a major Skyterra investor, who with his wife chipped in............................ nearly $50,000 to Obama’s campaigns and political action committee.
Coincidentally, ................Obama bought his Skyterra stock the same day .................the FCC “ruled in favor of the company’s effort to create a nationwide wireless network by combining satellites and land-based communications systems.” The Times reported that, just after that morning ruling, “Tejas Securities, a regional brokerage in Texas that handled investment banking for Skyterra, issued a research report speculating that Skyterra stock could triple in value.”
Tejas and its chairman, John J. Gorman, were also major Obama backers -- flying him in a private plane for rallies and pitching in more than $150,000 for his campaign coffers since 2004. Obama sold his stock at a loss in November 2005, but his relationship with the firm was cemented.
In 2009, billionaire Philip Falcone -- whose hedge-fund firm, Harbinger Capital Partners, is reportedly being probed by the Securities and Exchange Commission for market-manipulation abuses -- acquired Skyterra. Falcone, his wife and LightSquared CEO Sanjiv Ahuja have contributed nearly $100,000 between them to the Democratic Party during critical White House meeting periods and negotiations over LightSquared’s regulatory fate.
Oh, and there’s $6 billion earmarked for a “public-safety broadband corporation” buried in the Obama jobs proposal, just as LightSquared pushes into that market, too.
It’s all just one strange quirk of timing, Team Obama shrugs. But there are no coincidences in Chicago on the Potomac, just an endless avalanche of quids, quos and taxpayer woes."
By Michelle Malkin

Mitt is no threat to the Tparty. Mitt is for solvency of business and country. Sometimes you have to get rid of 'dead wood"=obama.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
That's true, hun. I don't drink the 'kool-aid' most of the sheeple on here... drink.

I can actually 'think' for myself. ...and quiet well, I'll add!
i would say you are a drinker in general, and to post that you are a quality guy, makes me think you are a narcissist. The sheep are all the obama followers; doesn't matter how horrible the state of our country is in and going down hill fast, you all support him.
First time in 235 years, we got downgraded! With obma at the helm. He has no idea what he is doing, UNLESS, his whole idea is to destroy America from within. He is muslim raised and studied the quoran. His religion that was listed was ISLAM. I do not believe he is FOR America at all. He is consistanly 'worried' about muslim countrys. Even went over congress head to go into Libya, then he sent troops to Africa to fight the Christians, siding with the muslims there. His dad is kenyan/muslim.
That should be enough for you to chew on.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:56 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
i would say you are a drinker in general, and to post that you are a quality guy, makes me think you are a narcissist. The sheep are all the obama followers; doesn't matter how horrible the state of our country is in and going down hill fast, you all support him.
First time in 235 years, we got downgraded! With obma at the helm. He has no idea what he is doing, UNLESS, his whole idea is to destroy America from within. He is muslim raised and studied the quoran. His religion that was listed was ISLAM. I do not believe he is FOR America at all. He is consistanly 'worried' about muslim countrys. Even went over congress head to go into Libya, then he sent troops to Africa to fight the Christians, siding with the muslims there. His dad is kenyan/muslim.
Ooh lookie here we have the Muslim thing again as the right wingers on here start fighting with one another....

Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't believe I have ever mentioned Romney being good looking myself. Interesting that you noticed though.
Could be someone is gay?
Dixiegirl do you live in St.George? Don't give the name of the state.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:01 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
''thinking' is not your strong point, is it pal? Waste of time to give you another second!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Could be someone is gay?
Dixiegirl do you live in St.George? Don't give the name of the state.

No I don't and you might be right about the other...lol

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 11-20-2011 at 09:42 PM..

Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
This 'un-truth' coming from a couple of non-Christians; not to worry!!

"True" Christians don't call other people that they don't even know non-Christians. It's ignorant and judgemental.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
"True" Christians don't call other people that they don't even know non-Christians. It's ignorant and judgemental.
LOL This from the Queen of judges! Hilarious Memo: you have just responded judgmentally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections