Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times

Advertisements

Yet, a .5¢ nickles, worth of gold in weight in 1912
Would buy more than it would in 1912, with its value today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,724,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I view RP supporters as a little nutty. Too devoted, It is like a cult of personality. If you point out a flaw in Paul, they relentlessly attack.
How can anyone be too devoted to freedom and liberty? The ones who only want to allow freedom and liberty for their causes are the nutty ones. Maybe control freaks is a better way to describe it.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
No, it's attack. I believe is views of the Fed are particularly nutty. This really brings out the best in his supporters. Watch.
Because bankers should not be allowed to control the winners and losers. The people who are for the Federal Reserve are nutty. Watch how they come out of the woodwork to force their will on others.
The Federal Reserve is the biggest obstacle to our freedoms. Become informed.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,683,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How can anyone be too devoted to freedom and liberty? The ones who only want to allow freedom and liberty for their causes are the nutty ones. Maybe control freaks is a better way to describe it.
Too devoted to Ron Paul. However, they do come off as if they believe they are the only people devoted to freedom and liberty. And of course if you disagree with them, then you are not sufficiently devoted to freedom and liberty. Why yes, they are a bit nutty.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,683,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because bankers should not be allowed to control the winners and losers. The people who are for the Federal Reserve are nutty. Watch how they come out of the woodwork to force their will on others.
The Federal Reserve is the biggest obstacle to our freedoms. Become informed.
Yup, each post serves a sterling examples of my observations. Thanks folks.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I believe ending the Fed and a return to the gold standard are particularly nutty ideas, for a number of reasons.

First, its regulatory function. There are those who believe the states can do this, they can't, at least not effectively. We have seen the effect of states regulating insurance, it has done nothing but drive up the cost of insurance.
Are you saying the states are going to regulate gold?

Driving up costs has everything to do with lack of competition and moving away from the free market. The housing industry was a perfect example of this. The skyrocketing cost of medicine and college are other examples.

Quote:
Next, with a gold standard there is very little that can be done to smooth out wild swings in the value of gold, which translates into wild swings in the value of gold backed currency. There would be virtually no tools to combat inflation or deflation.
The wild swings in gold has been when government manipulates the fiat money supply.

Quote:
Not to mention there aren't enough gold reserves to back currency.
Says who? Prove that?

Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
What observations? You keep making things up. Thanks shorebaby.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:46 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,154,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think we talked about this before and I linked you to videos on youtube. He doesn't believe in open borders, that's what purist hardcore Libertarians believe. Ron Paul believes a fence is not the way to go, but to go after the welfare programs and force the courts to reinterpret the 14th Amendment. He thinks illegal aliens and their children should not have access to a single penny of government assistance, and he wants to phase out the welfare state. Most, if not all, libertarians also believe in phasing out the welfare state. I don't know who you've been talking to, but it definitely wasn't true Ron Paul suppoters. They probably like the man because he isn't corrupt but don't necessarily believe in his issues

Wow that doesn't sound very Constitutional to me. This is part of the reason that there are calls to amend the Constitution as to the 14th amendment, namely it is already settled law. So I can't see how Ron Paul can force courts to reinterpret things.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:48 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,995,914 times
Quote:
Yet you feel free to condescend to those of us with whom you disagree. I can understand your feelings but can't find much sympathy for your position as you are anything but accepting of beliefs that fail to support yours.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Too devoted to Ron Paul.
You made that up. We are devoted to freedom and liberty. You dont know better than the ones who support Ron Paul as far what their beliefs are. Why should anyone believe someone not involved over the ones involved?

Quote:
However, they do come off as if they believe they are the only people devoted to freedom and liberty.
No they don't. You made that up too.

Quote:
And of course if you disagree with them, then you are not sufficiently devoted to freedom and liberty. Why yes, they are a bit nutty.
Why shouldn't people be? YOU should never be able to use force to get what you want. Rights matter. We fought a revolution over that.

It all boils down to your candidates policies are failures and you cannot defend them.
You have nothing left but to attack freedom loving people. I know lets support communism because Joe down the street is a nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections