Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:50 PM

753 posts, read 842,797 times

Advertisements

The "Great Perry Debate Debacle of '11" seems to have been his "Howard Dean Scream" moment. He's polling below 8% nationally and even worse in the first four voting states (2.8% in NH! ).

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary

I predict he'll quit before Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
The "Great Perry Debate Debacle of '11" seems to have been his "Howard Dean Scream" moment. He's polling below 8% nationally and even worse in the first four voting states (2.8% in NH! ).

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary

He actually did well last night but you probably weren't watching so you are depending on what someone or something else said. Now, why do you care when he drops out? He isn't hurting anyone or anything. I think Bachmann should call it quits and Johnson, as well as Huntsman and Santorun or ever how you spell it, but this is their decision and it isn't hurting me to see them still in the race. if you are a Republican just watch the candidate or dates you are interesting in, if you are a Democrat or Independent than you shouldn't be concerned period!!!
Oh, and where was McCain this time 4 years ago?
Nita

Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 PM

753 posts, read 842,797 times
Most of those you mention are just on a personal PR tour. Nothing more. Never were credible candidates. Perry was, is a sitting governor of a huge state and has literally flamed out. Huge rise, huge fall.

I'm just thinking if he wants any kind of political future (that most of the others you mention don't have) then he will most likely drop out before taking big losses in these initial states and doing it then like these other folks will.

And anyone running to be my President concerns me.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Perry raised lots of money and still has well over $10 million. With the field in such flux he's not going to drop out. His memory flub arguably is the least serious, most recoverable albatross around the neck of any of the big three 'not-Romneys.' (Cain, Perry, Newt). Perry is not going to drop out soon.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He actually did well last night but you probably weren't watching so you are depending on what someone or something else said. Now, why do you care when he drops out? He isn't hurting anyone or anything. I think Bachmann should call it quits and Johnson, as well as Huntsman and Santorun or ever how you spell it, but this is their decision and it isn't hurting me to see them still in the race. if you are a Republican just watch the candidate or dates you are interesting in, if you are a Democrat or Independent than you shouldn't be concerned period!!!
Oh, and where was McCain this time 4 years ago?
Nita
He isn't hurting anybody? Him being there at all is bad for the GOP.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

See how intense he was when listening to Newt and Paul, last night? He was sucking in the education.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:09 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
See how intense he was when listening to Newt and Paul, last night? He was sucking in the education.
Ha, indeed he was.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
All the candidates have egos bigger than Rick Perry's Texas. He'll quit when the money runs out and not until then.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
I would say when the money runs low, but I do have to say this and I never dreamed I would say it...He doesn't get on my nerves nearly as bad as a few of the others. When he first came on the scene, I think he got some really, really bad advice and maybe he even knew it was bad advice and this is why he did so poorly. Now, he seems to be a little more calmed down and not so on the attack which is working much better for him.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
He isn't hurting anybody? Him being there at all is bad for the GOP.
and why? He seems to have gotten his act together, he is still raising money and there are others who are going nowhere fast. Why does this hurt the part except to crowd the field?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections