Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:34 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I had to laugh when I read your remarks because I was just thinking that "In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is king." Those who talk of Gingrich as though he is remarkably brilliant are making that claim by comparing him to other politicians.....low bar.
LOL. That's exactly the quote I had in mind when I wrote it. And yeah, the bar has been set incredibly low with this dismal GOP field, and even so, I can't see any of these candidates clearing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
I don't consider myself one party or another but I side with the Democrats on many of the issues so take it for what it's worth. I have watched the debates and kept up with the candidates. I look for 2 things in people's answers...how and why. Without that, the answers given mean nothing to me. For someone to get up there and spew rhetoric without explaining why it will work, why they feel that way and how it's better than someone else's plan then it's useless to me as a voter. Newt has been very effective in explaining his position and why he thinks it will work. I honestly think this is what helped Obama win over McCain and what has helped Newt rise in the polls.
You make a good point. But the difference between Obama and Newt, IMO, is Obama did not follow through with what he said he would do and I think when Obama made those promises he had no intention to actually following them.
Newt on the other hand is known to us. He does explain what and how but he also follows through with his commitments. I agree that the other GOP candidates, especially Romney, with say what ever they think the voters want to hear ... or ... they will beat around the bush and not really say what they will do.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You just keep thinking that...lol. If Romney is the nominee, Obama is going to have his work cut out for him. It is not going to be pretty for Obama. For that matter, Newt will finish him in a debate also.
You are really a piece of cake. I can understand you constantly defending Romney and trashing the other GOP candidates ... but when you buddy up with Obama supporters who trash any GOP candidates except Romney it really makes you look extremely bad.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You are really a piece of cake. I can understand you constantly defending Romney and trashing the other GOP candidates ... but when you buddy up with Obama supporters who trash any GOP candidates except Romney it really makes you look extremely bad.

What is your reading comprehension problem? I was actually trying to give Newt a compliment on his debating skills. Please read thoroughly before you type.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What is your reading comprehension problem? I was actually trying to give Newt a compliment on his debating skills. Please read thoroughly before you type.
I quoted the wrong post ... I meant this one

Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I quoted the wrong post ... I meant this one

That is my opinion of what he does. Shall I pull up some things you have said about Romney? That's the way politics works. I am not a fan of Gingrich, never have been, never will be. He is wayyy overrated, IMO.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:19 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
I am glad to hear he can explain his positions, but Newt still reminds me of the Pillsbury Doughboy possessed by Satan.

Anyhow, all these debates are puff parties compared to the throw down going on in the Cain household tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections