Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:51 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I don't remember Bill Clinton claiming to have been chosen by God or proudly proclaiming that he would make policy decisions based on his personal religious beliefs and view of morality. When someone like Cain claims the moral high ground on many issues, then he has chosen to make his own behavior a major issue. When a self proclaimed holier than thou person like Cain cheats on their spouse that is a huge deal in my opinion.

It either means that his out in the open religion is a bunch of BS. Or, it means that he can't even live up to his own lofty ideals. Either way, this means that he is toast.
Clinton was a religious person, or at least has made public statements about being guided and influenced by his faith.

"I don't think I could do my job as President," Clinton said, "much less continue to try to grow as a person in the absence of my faith in God and my attempt to learn more about what it should be and grow. It provides a solace and support in the face of all these problems that I am not smart enough to solve."

(ABC Interview by Peggy Wehmeyer, "American Agenda", March 22, 1994.)

The Gospel According to Bill Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
To me Hermain Cain is a smart guy but like many people he has his faults and some of them are pretty big... with so many ladies coming out, I think it is fair to assume that he is guilty... if good morals was a marker for Presidents, why have most of our Presidents been poor choices... I am glad the truth is coming out, but I have to wonder if future presidential candidates will be held for higher ethical and moral grounds rather than their political party...

Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you seen his wife threatening a law suit of the divorce kind? I just wondered since Clinton's wife never did that until they had left the White House and he DID do what he was impeached for, I am sure.
What does Cain's wife threatening divorce have to do with anything?

Do you think that statement indicates that Cain didn't have an affair with this woman? Should a social conservative religious right voter (Cain's base of support) just not care that he is the type of scumbag that cheats on his wife?

I still don't get the Clinton comparison. Did Clinton run as a moral majority social conservative like Cain?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
I've heard some stories of what those Pizza delivery guys run into.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Who cares? I don't.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
We told you so!!!!
I missed the" we told you" so part, I guess I just didn't read those threads.

Do you know that Cain still denies the whole thing. I just heard Ms. White telling her story followed by Cain denying without qualification this has ever happened. I wonder who that woman voted for the past two elections.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:07 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
To me Hermain Cain is a smart guy but like many people he has his faults and some of them are pretty big... with so many ladies coming out, I think it is fair to assume that he is guilty... if good morals was a marker for Presidents, why have most of our Presidents been poor choices... I am glad the truth is coming out, but I have to wonder if future presidential candidates will be held for higher ethical and moral grounds rather than their political party...
We would like our president to be perfect, but its not realistic to hold to that ideal. If the worst that is in Cain's past is that he is a ladies man, and gets a lot of tail, so what. Seems that the charges being made by those other women was just Cain hitting on them, and them turning him down, big whoop.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Poor Cain. All he wanted was to sell a few books and get a spot on Fox. Now his wife is gonna take him to the cleaners!

Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Georgia Woman Claims 13-Year Affair with Herman Cain | Ginger White (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ginger-white-claims-affair-herman-cain-20111127-es - broken link)

Damn Herman, if this proves true, it makes it much easier to believe all of the other allegations. I wanted to like you and stand by you even though I didnt think you were ready to be President but now youll never be electable. Judging by Cain's lawyers response, it is true.
I heard Ms. White talking about all this just a few minutes ago and then heard Cain denying the whole thing. Now somebody is lying and I have no proof that it is him. His wife has refused to go along with story. All the left is willing to believe her so they must fear him as much as they do Palin.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I heard Ms. White talking about all this just a few minutes ago and then heard Cain denying the whole thing. Now somebody is lying and I have no proof that it is him. His wife has refused to go along with story. All the left is willing to believe her so they must fear him as much as they do Palin.
Noone's afraid of Cain or Palin, and we're not interested in their personal lives, only their inability to successfully hold office anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections