Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Ron Paul's offensive moral equivalence | Vincent Carroll

And people take this guy seriously? Amazing.
Peaceful Americans? We are in every god damn wars since the beginning of the 20th century. After WW2, we are the reason why there are so many endless wars. We have bases in over 130 countries. Almost 200 bases outside of USA.

The last country that had bases like this is Great British. Remember the history you learn in school? The Great British Empire. The sun never set on British land.

We occupy other people's home forever in the name of "Peace". Killing their people, bombing their homes, in the name of "Peace". This is the reason why no one love the American.

Yet, we don't like it if other countries do the same to us. But some how, it is ok when we do it to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Peaceful Americans? We are in every god damn wars since the beginning of the 20th century. After WW2, we are the reason why there are so many endless wars. We have bases in over 130 countries. Almost 200 bases outside of USA.

The last country that had bases like this is Great British. Remember the history you learn in school? The Great British Empire. The sun never set on British land.

We occupy other people's home forever in the name of "Peace". Killing their people, bombing their homes, in the name of "Peace". This is the reason why no one love the American.

Yet, we don't like it if other countries do the same to us. But some how, it is ok when we do it to others.
great post

Old 12-01-2011, 07:07 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,400 times
People who think Ron Paul is soooooo wrong need to read up Middle Eastern history. We had done nothing but make enemies there since the end of WWII. We basically took over for France and England, and now e are paying the price of a bad foreign policy.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
it's amazing now that the same people who voted Obama into office....on the BIGGEST ANTI-WAR CAMPAIGN EVER.

Are now subscribing to the fear mongering and advocating presence in the policy...

AMAZING
Exactly! I can't stand it, which is exactly why I will not vote for Obama again.

Even more amazing are Republicans defending The Patriot Act and S1867. Americans have become so easily manipulated and fearful.
Where are our principles???

Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Ron Paul believes that the American intervention in the Middle East leads to the growing of terrorist organizations. Somehow, some Americans believe their actions will never face any repercussions. It is an arrogant and naive view.
I disagree with you on pretty much everything, but at least we find ourselves in agreement with this one. The dumbest thing I have ever heard was "the Muslim terrorists hate us for our freedoms". Every time I hear that, I have to stop myself from laughing before I suffocate. This is definitely blowback, has NOTHING to do with our "freedoms" how little we have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly! I can't stand it, which is exactly why I will not vote for Obama again.

Even more amazing are Republicans defending The Patriot Act and S1867. Americans have become so easily manipulated and fearful.
Where are our principles???
Same here. I voted for Obama in 2010, and was a Democrat before I discovered Ron Paul.

Which is why I don't consider myself a Republican either. I only switched over to vote for Paul, I consider myself a libertarian leaning Independent.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:12 AM

458 posts, read 776,749 times
You have all these Ron Paul haters calling his foreign policy crazy and insane.

I think Albert Einstein said it best:

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26032.html

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

That's exactly what our foreign policy is.

So who is crazy?

Last edited by Winkelman; 12-01-2011 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

Exactly! How would we like it if a foreign force tried to take over in the name of "peace!" I'm pretty sure we'd all start shooting!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
If I slap you in the face and then stand there flapping my gums, what are you going to do about it.

Thing is, no one has ever told you who exactly drew first blood.

Shah of Iran come to mind? Remember that guy?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Peaceful Americans? We are in every god damn wars since the beginning of the 20th century.
Thank you for the opportunity to illustrate how ill-informed the Paulbots can be. No, the United States hasn't been in every war since the beginning of the 20th century:
Ongoing wars

Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Thank you for the opportunity to illustrate how ill-informed the Paulbots can be. No, the United States hasn't been in every war since the beginning of the 20th century:
Ongoing wars

I shortened your list to show where it all started, with our meddling, in others business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections