Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 AM

1,196 posts, read 833,772 times

Advertisements

Would you vote for Obama who associated with and held a fund raiser in the house of a terrorist who tried to kill Americans.
Bill Ayers recently appeared before a group of activist teachers to encourage them to keep up the fight. He told them about the assistance he provided in getting the very radical Bob Peterson elected president of the Milwaukee Teachers Education Association.
Hoping to wow his friendly audience, he also gushed about another leader he helped.
Ayers admitted he hosted a fundraiser at his home for Barack Obama in the 1990s. “I thought he wanted to be mayor of Chicago – that’s the limit of my imagination,” he told the audience in a video released exclusively by Education Action Group.

This is likely the first time Ayers has been caught on tape discussing his connection to Obama. Their relationship has been routinely been downplayed by Ayers, Obama and his associates, since the national media ignored it during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Last edited by hogstooth; 12-01-2011 at 01:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,174,350 times
I think you're a couple years too late on that hot news tip, chief.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 AM

29,167 posts, read 22,137,026 times
Ayers saw the error of his ways, paid the price for his crimes and went to jail for them. So when does his slate ever get wiped clear?

I guess never, at least for guys like you hogtooth. But in my book, any guy who gets out of prison, straightens up, never goes back, and leads an honest life for the next 40 years has paid his debt to society in full.

Everybody has some skeleton or two in their closet, and no one is ever pure as the driven snow. I know guys who did jail time and straightened up, and I'll bet you know similar guys too.

I never voted for Ayers, anyway. I voted for Obama, and was damn proud to do it.

Dragging out old bones won't change any minds this time. Everyone already knows about Ayers and has, for over 3 years now. You must have been dozing during all those weeks when Ayers was all over the news in the summer of '08- the story was far from being ignored; it was headline stuff for at least a week, and got kicked around for a month after it broke.

I'm sure most of those who didn't vote for Obama in '08 won't vote for him this time, whether or not Ayers has anything to do with their vote, but this ancient story won't change any minds of those who voted for him. ...And those who voted for Obama were the majority of we Americans.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I think you're a couple years too late on that hot news tip, chief.

In 2008 the Barack Obama for President campaign went into full denial mode accusing the McCain/Palin campaign of lying about a fundraiser held in domestic terrorist Bill Ayers' home for Barack Obama's Illinois State Senate campaign. Watch this clip from October 15, 2008 where spokesman Robert Gibbs flat-out denies the fundraiser story to an inquiring Chris Matthews
Breitbart.tv » Busted: Ayers Admits To Obama Fundraiser That Obama Campaign Called ‘Myth’

Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ayers saw the error of his ways
Obama's best friend forever, Bill Ayers, shows absolutely no remorse for his past violent activities.Unrepentant Ayers - Fox News Video - Fox News

Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ayers saw the error of his ways, paid the price for his crimes and went to jail for them

Bill Ayers confessed to the bombings but due to a mix up in the FBI('improper surveillance'), they had to let him go. A quote from Bill Ayers: “Guilty as hell , free as a bird—America is a great country,”

Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 AM

Dude if you love Bill Ayers so much why don't you marry him?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Dude if you love Bill Ayers so much why don't you marry him?
Dude you would grab your ankles for some of this

Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 AM

You're the one obsessing over people here, Susan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections