Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times

Advertisements

I know he is the next "not romney", but there are several things that dont jive.

I realize Newt is picking up folks from Cain, which makes no sense because though I am not a newt supporter, given Newt and Cain, I would take Newt anyday. Cain was awful and it had nothing to do with his scandals, he is just woefully unprepared. Seems Newt should have always been ahead of Cain based on intellect.

Having said that, now you have Newt, he is such a re-tread. He is the ULTIMATE Washington insider, which is what the tea party has been railing against. He is also big government. Most of all, he flip flops just as much if not more than Mitt Romney.

Last edited by treasurefinder; 12-01-2011 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I know he is the next "not romney", but there are several things that dont jive.

I realize Newt is picking up folks from Cain, which makes no sense because though I am not a newt supporter, given Newt and Cain, I would take Newt anyday. Cain was awful and it had nothing to do with his scandals, he is just woefully unprepared. Seems Newt should have always been ahead of Cain based on intellect.

Having said that, now you have Newt, he is such a re-tread. He is the ULTIMATE Washington insider, which is what the tea party has been railing against. He is also big government. Most of all, he flip flops just as much if not more than Mitt Romney.
It's a COMPLETE Mystery to me! Like a pack of 'mad dogs' the confused 'R' Party sheeple just chase the car...the others follow. I do hope this craziness stops soon.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Newt's rise is a figment of the media's imagination and the fact they have to fill a 24/7 news day

(Full of ****) Newt the Poop being the GOP
forerunner???
I'll wait for the results of the caucus and primary before I believe it and even then, I would have a hard time
comprehending it.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Newt's rise is a figment of the media's imagination and the fact they have to fill a 24/7 news day

(Full of ****) Newt the Poop being the GOP
forerunner???
I'll wait for the results of the caucus and primary before I believe it and even then, I would have a hard time
comprehending it.
Agreed!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Faux news loves Newt. They will give him as much mileage as they can.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
It's too funny. I guess they desperately want someone who may be able to hold up in a debate with Obama.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:10 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,379 times
Newts rise is simple----six other repub candidates who were frontrunners have been barbecued.

The new, excuse me, old flavor is Newt-----when the skeletons are exhumed, he will have also been a flavor of the month.

Come on repubs----I also am not an Obama fan----but please----give us somebody who is not a ghostbuster, six shooter, or idealogue----enough already.

The Dems, in trying to isolate Romney, are praying that Newt is the repub nominee.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Right now only time will tell. Newt will be vulnerable to attacks from the right. I could be wrong but I just don't think he'll stay were he is. It's so obvious to me, based on the rise of Perry, then Cain, now Newt, that what's going on is tea-party types casting about for a conservative alternative to Romney. And if that is the case, expect Newt to drop little by little as more of his past support for big-gov't stuff comes to light. Or who knows, maybe they have given up on finding a real conservative, and will go with Newt as the lesser of several evils.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
If any of you have followed some of the debates (i usually read the transcripts), you would know that Newt has a working knowledge of the issues far above the others.

And he has been attacking Obama more than the others...

Old 12-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Right now only time will tell. Newt will be vulnerable to attacks from the right. I could be wrong but I just don't think he'll stay were he is. It's so obvious to me, based on the rise of Perry, then Cain, now Newt, that what's going on is tea-party types casting about for a conservative alternative to Romney. And if that is the case, expect Newt to drop little by little as more of his past support for big-gov't stuff comes to light. Or who knows, maybe they have given up on finding a real conservative, and will go with Newt as the lesser of several evils.

''but I just don't think he'll stay were he is. It's so obvious to me, based on the rise of Perry, then Cain, now Newt, that what's going on is tea-party types casting about for a conservative alternative to Romney. And if that is the case, expect Newt to drop little by little as more of his past support for big-gov't stuff comes to light.''

When the 'smoke clears'...I feel CERTAIN Gingrich will not be in the GOP picture! - CERTAIN!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections