Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't put down Ron Paul actually. I could almost see Ron Paul winning Iowa...stranger things have happened.

If Ron Paul supporters weren't so negative to everyone else, he might be better received. It doesn't do him any good at all.
Why would it be strange for a small government conservative who has spent more money in Iowa than any other candidate, campaigns there frequently, has been cited to have the best ground game organization in the state, and is an authentically pro-life individual to win Iowa? It's only labeled "surprising" and "strange" because people buy into the MSM meme that Ron Paul is "fringe" or "extreme."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM

This is good news for Dr. Paul. Newt Gingrich's support is softer than Romney's and he has no money or organization whatsoever in Iowa and as his blatant hypocrisy and big government liberalism come to light, on top of people learning about his serial adultery he will fall. Gingrich is literally the WORST candidate the GOP has to offer, I mean even Rick Perry and Rick Santorum are better candidates. Newt Gingrich is a big government loving flip flopping hypocrite with more baggage on him than a 747.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Ron Paul is "fringe" or "extreme."
Noted! That's true, he is 'extreme.'

Old 12-04-2011, 11:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Why don't you vote for Huntsman then?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Iowa Poll: Newt Gingrich leads three-candidate race in Iowa | Iowa Caucuses

Wow. It's impressive to see that Ron Paul is in second place in a state like Iowa, where the Republican voters are apparently very conservative.

And Romney's looking more and more like a loser every day.
I am not sure it is a surprise at all: Romney hasn't wasted much time or money there, Paul has and certainly, Romney isn't considered a conservative.

NIta

Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not sure it is a surprise at all: Romney hasn't wasted much time or money there, Paul has and certainly, Romney isn't considered a conservative.

NIta

I would say Romney is just as conservative as Gingrich actually. If they were really voting for the most 'conservative' candidates Bachmann and Santorum would be doing better.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:35 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
This is good news for Dr. Paul. Newt Gingrich's support is softer than Romney's and he has no money or organization whatsoever in Iowa and as his blatant hypocrisy and big government liberalism come to light, on top of people learning about his serial adultery he will fall. Gingrich is literally the WORST candidate the GOP has to offer, I mean even Rick Perry and Rick Santorum are better candidates. Newt Gingrich is a big government loving flip flopping hypocrite with more baggage on him than a 747.
That must be why he is leading the pack with a wide margin and increasing each day ...

Maybe Newt does not need to spend big $$$ to get the vote. He seems to be getting the support he needs.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
That must be why he is leading the pack with a wide margin and increasing each day ...

Maybe Newt does not need to spend big $$$ to get the vote. He seems to be getting the support he needs.
I'm sure a few weeks ago you were saying the same thing about Herman Cain, one could have said the same thing a few months ago about Rick Perry, and before that: Michele Bachmann. They all share one thing in common, their media created over inflated bubble didn't last very long and they came back down to earth. Newt Gingrich is EASILY the worst GOP to candidate to run in the past decade, yes he's even worse than Rudy or John McCain. At least they seem to have some core convictions and principles, even if they're misguided. Newt Gingrich will say and believe anything so long as someone pays him enough to say and believe it. He's a fraud through and through, from his personal life and marriages to his political career he shows a strong track record of being a self centered egotist completely devoid of any sense of personal responsibility or core convictions.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I would say Romney is just as conservative as Gingrich actually. If they were really voting for the most 'conservative' candidates Bachmann and Santorum would be doing better.
I don't say this often, but in this case I think Mitt Romney is more conservative than someone, and that is Newt Gingrich. I also think that Mitt Romney may have some core convictions but he's just welling to sell them out or change them with the political winds. I'm not convinced that Newt Gingrich believes anything at his core, he just says whatever and does what he pleases and what benefits him the most.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Oh noez!!1!11 You altered my post!!1! I'm TATTLING on you!!1!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections