U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:19 PM

26,503 posts, read 24,272,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich has carved out a clear lead in whatís become a three-candidate race in Iowa, according to The Des Moines Registerís new Iowa Poll.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul has risen into second place, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has slid to third with just over a month before the Iowa caucuses kick off voting in the presidential nominating process.
Iowa Poll: Newt Gingrich leads three-candidate race in Iowa | Iowa Caucuses

Wow. It's impressive to see that Ron Paul is in second place in a state like Iowa, where the Republican voters are apparently very conservative.

And Romney's looking more and more like a loser every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,648,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Wow. It's impressive to see that Ron Paul is in second place in a state like Iowa, where the Republican voters are apparently very conservative.

That puts Paul and Romney in a statistical tie...so if Romney is a loser I guess Paul is also...lol. And Romney hasn't even campainged there.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:48 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That puts Paul and Romney in a statistical tie...so if Romney is a loser I guess Paul is also...lol. And Romney hasn't even campainged there.
Please if it was the other way around you'd be spouting stuff like "see, look! Romney is in 2nd place and Paul is losing. The people don't want Paul get it through your heads!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I agree, Iowa is a place where a lot of Bachmann/Huckabee type Republicans live. But, the fact still is Ron Paul is way more conservative than Romney ever was. This race is going to come down between Paul and Romney, I think. I don't think Gingrich is going to stick around much longer than a month

Old 12-03-2011, 10:51 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,765,900 times
I saw write-in "Ham Sandwich"

Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 PM

23,867 posts, read 10,064,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Please if it was the other way around you'd be spouting stuff like "see, look! Romney is in 2nd place and Paul is losing. The people don't want Paul get it through your heads!"
Oh come on the press has been fair. Why just look at this headline from MSNBC. "Gingrich surges in Iowa Poll; Romney drops to third"
ahhh probably just a typo. I'm sure they meant to include Ron Paul.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Oh come on the press has been fair. Why just look at this headline from MSNBC. "Gingrich surges in Iowa Poll; Romney drops to third"
ahhh probably just a typo. I'm sure they meant to include Ron Paul.
Reminds me of the Jon Stewart clip, "behind who?!?!"

Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 PM

28,010 posts, read 38,010,202 times
Gingrich won't last. He is riding high because the righties don't know anything (accurate) about him yet. I think most of them will go back to Perry eventually. Paul will always be an afterthought. It'll be Romney in the end.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

I agree, Iowa is a place where a lot of Bachmann/Huckabee type Republicans live. But, the fact still is Ron Paul is way more conservative than Romney ever was. This race is going to come down between Paul and Romney, I think. I don't think Gingrich is going to stick around much longer than a month

I don't put down Ron Paul actually. I could almost see Ron Paul winning Iowa...stranger things have happened.

If Ron Paul supporters weren't so negative to everyone else, he might be better received. It doesn't do him any good at all.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:56 AM

23,867 posts, read 10,064,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't put down Ron Paul actually. I could almost see Ron Paul winning Iowa...stranger things have happened.

If Ron Paul supporters weren't so negative to everyone else, he might be better received. It doesn't do him any good at all.
It's never about policy right? Instead make up false statements about Ron Paul and his supporters.

Are you going to listen to someone about changing our government to communism because that person is a nice Romney supporter?
Snake oil salesman are everywhere.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's never about policy right? Instead make up false statements about Ron Paul and his supporters.

Are you going to listen to someone about changing our government to communism because that person is a nice Romney supporter?
Snake oil salesman are everywhere.

Thank you for demonstrating exactly what I was saying about his supporters. I never said one thing about Ron Paul...false or otherwise. Some of you need to get that chip off your shoulder you carry around. It's not helping Ron Paul and is a major turn off to people who might otherwise be willing to listen to his perspectives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or