Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:47 PM

9,300 posts, read 16,594,261 times

Advertisements

Is it me, or is everyone sick and tired of listening to the Presidential Candidates already? This has been going on for six months and we are still over a year away from the election. I've given up listening to the news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,249,822 times
Oh, I don't know. It's fun watching and listening to them transition. Edwards has gotten so slick, his skin is ready to just slide on off. Romney has the darkest natural hair since Reagan. Fred Thompson's wife may soon look more like his college-age daughter than a pre-teen. And Hillary's starting to sound less like nails on a chalkboard and more like the evil witch in Wizard of Oz. ("I can beat those evil right-wingers, my little pretty-pretties!")

Kick back and stay hammered. It'll be over before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,760,224 times
I agree with both of you. I'm sick of it but I'm still entertained by it and I do pay attention to it.

The "horse race" factor is fun, it's like watching the college football polls from week to week. I don't know why this interests me so much but it does. Having so many candidates in both major primaries makes it all the more amusing, and knowing that there will probably be a major third-party candidate in 2008 makes it even more interesting.

As much as we might grow sick of the debates and mud-slinging and hypocrisy of the candidates, this election may turn out to be a pivotal one for the future of our nation. Then again, it could just be a ratification of the SOS. I certainly hope enough people will vote against the SOS to create meaningful change. We need it.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,324,694 times
well you know,I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan.Was listening to this song the other day.It struck me the lyrics remind me alot of todays politics and worries.Nanny politics and such.

yep,how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat.

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Mother"

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb
Mother do you think they'll like the song
Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls
Ooooh aah, Mother should I build a wall
Mother should I run for president
Mother should I trust the government
Mother will they put me in the firing line
Ooooh aah, is it just a waste of time
Hush now baby, baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna make all of your
Nightmares come true
Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you
Mama's gonna keep you right here
Under her wing
she won't let you fly but she might let you sing
Mama will keep baby cosy and warm
Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe
Of course Mama's gonna help build the wall

Mother do think she's good enough for me
Mother do think she's dangerous to me
Mother will she tear your little boy apart
Oooh aah, mother will she break my heart
Hush now baby, baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna check out all your girl friends for you
Mama won't let anyone dirty get through
Mama's gonna wait up till you get in
Mama will always find out where
You've been
Mamma's gonna keep baby healthy and clean
Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe
You'll always be a baby to me
Mother, did it need to be so high.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Is it me, or is everyone sick and tired of listening to the Presidential Candidates already? This has been going on for six months and we are still over a year away from the election. I've given up listening to the news!
I believe this is the result of cable television. When you only had a few networks, the restricted airspace kept the political discussions more contained. You also had more backroom deals for selecting candidates, so there was no need for all of the public discussion.

However, we wanted more openness and transparency, along with better access to the candidates. Welcome to our wishes.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I believe this is the result of cable television. When you only had a few networks, the restricted airspace kept the political discussions more contained. You also had more backroom deals for selecting candidates, so there was no need for all of the public discussion.

However, we wanted more openness and transparency, along with better access to the candidates. Welcome to our wishes.

Bingo. Pay the man!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,835,100 times
Thumbs up Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I've given up listening to the news!
Don't beat yourself up. You're probably doing your health a good measure of help by not listening or watching the news. It's all garbage anyway.

yes I agree. the presidential campaign season is far too early...then again we'll start seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music on the radio at around Halloween.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,301,128 times
It's like a bunch of car salesmen trying to throw a pitch. honestly this is the first time sinse I was able to vote that I feel completly lost.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
Don't beat yourself up. You're probably doing your health a good measure of help by not listening or watching the news. It's all garbage anyway.

yes I agree. the presidential campaign season is far too early...then again we'll start seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music on the radio at around Halloween.
Cool idea!

Dashing through the ghouls
On my way to school
Rudolph just went splat
Guess he hit a bat!

Santa's in a mask
Candy is his task
Trick-or-treat on Christmas eve
What a mixed-up blast!

Oh, jingle ghost
Jingle witch
Ho ho boo boo boo
Don't you wish the holidays
Could be this mixed up, too --ooh?

Trick or treat
On the snow
Pumpkins in the ice,
Oh what fun 'twould be to have
More holidays this nice!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections