Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Am I the ONLY one who feels there is no one I can honestly vote for president that will help this country out of the disaster it is headed for in future years? Listening to the Dems or Gops and the media is like a three-ring circus or better yet, a divorce...He said, she said. Nastiness, bashing, mud slinging...how sad that this is what our forefather's died for.
Unfortunately Ellwood,you are in the majority...most Americans imo are sick to death of the bickering and want it to end and all pull together to get us out of this mess...only the truly ignorant see it otherwise.

It was NOT the Repubs alone nor was it the Dems alone that have gotten us into this mess...it was all of them with the American people's blessing.

How many took out mortages they knew they couldn't afford?How many politicians have had their hands greased by big business,banks and Wall Street,how many lobbyists have politicians from both sides cell phone as #1 on their speed dial?

WE let them send our jobs over seas because we were bickering about Clinton getting a BJ,WE let Reagan open the doors to illegals and deregulate the things that had worked for over 200 years because we were bickering about Arms for hostages etc etc etc.

IMHO if WE the people do not get our crap in one pile and start pulling the wagon together,WE will be sunk within a decade or less and then "in retrospect" won't mean shyte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Am I the ONLY one who feels there is no one I can honestly vote for president that will help this country out of the disaster it is headed for in future years? Listening to the Dems or Gops and the media is like a three-ring circus or better yet, a divorce...He said, she said. Nastiness, bashing, mud slinging...how sad that this is what our forefather's died for.
Yeah ... we heard Obama's new strategy is to get voters so discouraged that they won't even vote ... since they will not vote for Obama

Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Yeah ... we heard Obama's new strategy is to get voters so discouraged that they won't even vote ... since they will not vote for Obama
Rush's new conspiracy theory of the day?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Rush's new conspiracy theory of the day?
Who is Rush?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Do you not see Ron Paul as an honest, independent-minded candidate who can take us out of this mess?
If Paul runs against obama, Paul has my full support, but he is a raging fruit loop..!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Newt Gingrich is immoral and a hypocrite. In 1980 he asked his wife for a divorce while she had cancer. While Newt denied it; his campaign treasurer claimed Newt told him: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer.†He did divorce his first wife regardless of the reason. Later he calls for the head of President Clinton while having an affair on his second wife with House staffer Callista Bisek. You can read it for yourself in this Wikipedia article: Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because of Newt’s inaction on illegal immigration when he was Speaker of the House; we are in the mess that we are in today. He is also currently pushing his own amnesty agenda: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/gingrichs-immigration-plan-could-benefit-millions-study-finds/?popup=false He is not and never was a friend of the average American worker.

The last presidential election was decided because people voted for change. Newt does not represent change. What he does represent is the ‘good ol’ boys’ club and nobody will prosper except for his fiends.

By the way, I am not a Democrat - I am an Independent. I would have voted for Herman Cain - until the scandals broke.
You make a fool of yourself repeating lies....

Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Who is Rush?
The fat Budda looking guy that you have an altar built for in your basement.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Ellwood,

You seem to respect the Constitution and our Founding Fathers, from your posts. Why is not Ron Paul, who is a strict Constitutionalist, an obvious choice for you?
Ron Paul is an extremist IMO and in all honesty at times I find him out of touch with reality.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Am I the ONLY one who feels there is no one I can honestly vote for president that will help this country out of the disaster it is headed for in future years?
When all are beholden to corporations, you are correct that there is no choice. 2 fighters are hired. One to put on heroic appearances, and both to throw the match. The will of the people is nothing but nuisance to these people. Get Money Out

Finance decided whom will be our next president 2 years before election. Follow the money.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Do you not see Ron Paul as an honest, independent-minded candidate who can take us out of this mess?
Yeah, I can see that. Take us into the 'Twilight Zone.' And this is the majority mind-set of Americans regarding Paul. That is why he polls mid to low. Even this 'childish rantor' recognizes that fact!

I give you Donn (BELOW) another sapient observer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If Paul runs against obama, Paul has my full support, but he is a raging fruit loop..!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections