Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,798,243 times

Advertisements

There is no bigger 'joke' in the world than the pompous, scowling bad-toupee day Trump.

"Businessman Donald Trump, who flirted with running for president in the GOP primary, called Republican presidential candidates Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul “joke candidates” after both refused his invitation to appear at his Dec. 27 presidential debate.

“I think most candidates are going to join, and I think these two candidates [Huntsman and Paul] have zero chance of getting elected, so it makes no difference.”

Trump Calls Huntsman and Paul,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,938,398 times
For a guy that has filled for bankruptcy multiple times, failed at his marriage, and failed at a presidential run, he sure has an inflated self worth.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:46 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,134,862 times
To be fair didn't Ron Paul say some things about him also? Or was that in retaliation? Last night, Dick Morris was talking about Iowa and he actually laughed at Ron Paul's chances of winning there, which I thought was so unprofessional.

Of course, according the to the Dick Morris theory, that means Ron Paul will win Iowa, because whatever Dick Morris predicts the opposite will occur.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM

865 posts, read 673,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
To be fair didn't Ron Paul say some things about him also? Or was that in retaliation? Last night, Dick Morris was talking about Iowa and he actually laughed at Ron Paul's chances of winning there, which I thought was so unprofessional.

Of course, according the to the Dick Morris theory, that means Ron Paul will win Iowa, because whatever Dick Morris predicts the opposite will occur.
This started at CPAC with Trump ripping on the crowd when they were celebrating the results, saying there was no chance at Ron winning anything, when that particular CPAC was about the party and not the election. The media tirelessly baited Trump to continue it, then baited Paul... before we all knew it, neither liked each other. Paul said that chasing after the birther argument is a waste of time, Donald took offense to it. Trump said Ron wasn't electable, Ron said Trump never won an election, so he had no credibility, ect. Then when Donald wanted to moderate a debate after hinting that his mind was made up on an endorsement, Ron said no. Trump continued with the unelectable dead-end, dragged Huntsman into the mix and even threw Mitt into it. Ron's camp sent out an official statement ripping on Trump's debate as a circus, then Trump called Ron a clown.

Mind you dixie, as you probably already know. Trump was ripping on Mitt right before he announced his debate, and calling him unelectable too, which is odd because they both have an obsession with China's currency.

I might have missed some things, but that's it in a nutshell. I thought Trump was off his rocker too, but I never expected Ron to go into any form of attack. I'm kind of glad he did, because he wasn't just doing it for himself. The whole GOP primary has been made into a mockery by some, and here was Trump trying to stir the pot even more when we're trying to get some stability.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM

233 posts, read 752,212 times
But he probably can pull a few million dollars and give it to these already bought and paid for candidates to get them to come to his debate..am i right or am i wrong?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:05 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
Paul is putting his money where his mouth is... He is running.

Trump, not so much but a lot of hot air.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,134,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
This started at CPAC with Trump ripping on the crowd when they were celebrating the results, saying there was no chance at Ron winning anything, when that particular CPAC was about the party and not the election. The media tirelessly baited Trump to continue it, then baited Paul... before we all knew it, neither liked each other. Paul said that chasing after the birther argument is a waste of time, Donald took offense to it. Trump said Ron wasn't electable, Ron said Trump never won an election, so he had no credibility, ect. Then when Donald wanted to moderate a debate after hinting that his mind was made up on an endorsement, Ron said no. Trump continued with the unelectable dead-end, dragged Huntsman into the mix and even threw Mitt into it. Ron's camp sent out an official statement ripping on Trump's debate as a circus, then Trump called Ron a clown.

Mind you dixie, as you probably already know. Trump was ripping on Mitt right before he announced his debate, and calling him unelectable too, which is odd because they both have an obsession with China's currency.

I might have missed some things, but that's it in a nutshell. I thought Trump was off his rocker too, but I never expected Ron to go into any form of attack. I'm kind of glad he did, because he wasn't just doing it for himself. The whole GOP primary has been made into a mockery by some, and here was Trump trying to stir the pot even more when we're trying to get some stability.

Thanks, I didn't know some of that background. I am glad Ron Paul and Huntsman spoke up and arent' doing Trump's silly debate. I just heard that Mitt Romney won't be either. I had heard that Trump will endorse Gingrich so why would any of the others want to engage in this farce?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,877,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There is no bigger 'joke' in the world than the pompous, scowling bad-toupee day Trump.

"Businessman Donald Trump, who flirted with running for president in the GOP primary, called Republican presidential candidates Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul “joke candidates” after both refused his invitation to appear at his Dec. 27 presidential debate.

“I think most candidates are going to join, and I think these two candidates [Huntsman and Paul] have zero chance of getting elected, so it makes no difference.”

Trump Calls Huntsman and Paul,
So which one is the kettle and which one is the pot? Either way they are both bad jokes.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
So, that leaves Newt, Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum and Perry, to debate with Trump.
The only thing missing is Palin as co-moderator.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,798,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So which one is the kettle and which one is the pot? Either way they are both bad jokes.
Off the top, I would say that Trump likes pot more than Newt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections