U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM

131 posts, read 402,283 times

Advertisements

I'm curious how others here feel in regard to media bias. It strikes me that Ron Paul is, and has been in past, treated very poorly by the media. They seem to live to either ignore him, intentionally direct interviews poorly, or flat out treat him as a joke. I realize that to some he and his message may seem scary but it's showing more and more clearly just how freedom of the press is perverted. OK, I can turn the channel or read elsewhere but I'm not hearing "fair & balanced" (what a joke) anywhere. Another guy who has been ringing a bell for a long time and gets the same treatment is Peter Schiff. Maybe some person you feel has had something to bring to the table is/has been blow out by the media. Had we the same media shills back at the dawn of America we would have never made it as far as we have. I'm sure some will point to Cains' recent media feeding frenzy and say it's all fair game. Cain however seemed to be given a very wide berth and he eventually showed he just was plain lost, put aside the sexual harassment accusations. He was just pulling stuff out of the air and wasn't a very good improviser. It's different with Paul. Agree or disagree with him, but this guy brings up some big questions and proposes solutions to things up we had better pay attention to. The media directs it as if it's a joke. I'd additionally like to wipe (geez, I'd like to use a stronger term) the smirks off the faces of the other candidates. Their blatant disrespect sickens me. It secures for me that fact I couldn't vote for any of them. Now "The Donald" is going to hold court, give me a break! I'm not laughing and hope others question this as they arrive at their respective decisions. Can they ever be "Fair & Balanced" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,329,215 times
The media treats all Republicans poorly. It isn't limited to poor "Dr. Paul."

Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM

131 posts, read 402,283 times
Sorry if I made it sound like he can't defend himself or should be given a sympathy vote. It wasn't my intention. Maybe you're correct that it's just a blanket poor treatment. I'm possible just angered that a man who really seems to have the kind of guts needed to turn things around is given little respect.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:34 PM

2,618 posts, read 5,470,928 times
Knowing what I know about how money and power works in this country: The media ignoring Ron Paul just reinforces my reason for voting for him. If I'm sick of the establishment having the power over my life and my monetary problems of the future, then knowing they don't want Ron Paul in office just proves he's the right man for the job and the right man for the people.

The LAST guy I'd ever want to vote for is the one the media likes (see Barrack Obama)

Old 12-07-2011, 02:34 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,828,796 times
They want to distract people....

and they succeeded 3 years ago (I am speaking for myself though)

But I am voting for Ron Paul.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,828,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Knowing what I know about how money and power works in this country: The media ignoring Ron Paul just reinforces my reason for voting for him. If I'm sick of the establishment having the power over my life and my monetary problems of the future, then knowing they don't want Ron Paul in office just proves he's the right man for the job and the right man for the people.

The LAST guy I'd ever want to vote for is the one the media likes (see Barrack Obama)
I second that.

I am voting for the only person who seems to give a cra p about our Constitution.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,697,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
"Isn't it pretty to think so?"

(Extra points for anyone who can name the source of the above quote )

Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM

11,888 posts, read 10,409,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I second that.

I am voting for the only person who seems to give a cra p about our Constitution.
Exactly! People need to give up on the Republican vs Democrat charade and simply vote for a man that won't shred our Constitution in half.

That is a basic commonality all Americans can share in. Screw all the other distractions.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,329,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly! People need to give up on the Republican vs Democrat charade and simply vote for a man that won't shred our Constitution in half.

That is a basic commonality all Americans can share in. Screw all the other distractions.
Ron Paul himself hasn't given up the "Republican versus Democrat charade," so why should anyone else?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,206,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
I'm curious how others here feel in regard to media bias. It strikes me that Ron Paul is, and has been in past, treated very poorly by the media. They seem to live to either ignore him, intentionally direct interviews poorly, or flat out treat him as a joke. I realize that to some he and his message may seem scary but it's showing more and more clearly just how freedom of the press is perverted. OK, I can turn the channel or read elsewhere but I'm not hearing "fair & balanced" (what a joke) anywhere. Another guy who has been ringing a bell for a long time and gets the same treatment is Peter Schiff. Maybe some person you feel has had something to bring to the table is/has been blow out by the media. Had we the same media shills back at the dawn of America we would have never made it as far as we have. I'm sure some will point to Cains' recent media feeding frenzy and say it's all fair game. Cain however seemed to be given a very wide berth and he eventually showed he just was plain lost, put aside the sexual harassment accusations. He was just pulling stuff out of the air and wasn't a very good improviser. It's different with Paul. Agree or disagree with him, but this guy brings up some big questions and proposes solutions to things up we had better pay attention to. The media directs it as if it's a joke. I'd additionally like to wipe (geez, I'd like to use a stronger term) the smirks off the faces of the other candidates. Their blatant disrespect sickens me. It secures for me that fact I couldn't vote for any of them. Now "The Donald" is going to hold court, give me a break! I'm not laughing and hope others question this as they arrive at their respective decisions. Can they ever be "Fair & Balanced" ?
I have said this all along about Ron Paul,even during the last election cycle I was commenting on this...and BTW,I'm not a Paul supporter really,but I am for him getting his fair time to speak his mind...that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be to be fair.
Quote:
Bullcrap
Quote:
Ron Paul himself hasn't given up the "Republican versus Democrat charade," so why should anyone else?
That is very true,he has not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections