Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What if he picked one of his competitors that he beat in the GOP primary?

Would you stick to your principles and NOT VOTE for Paul if Perry/Romney/Cain/Gingrich/Bachmann or any of the other "neo-cons/sellouts" were on the ticket?
The only reason why Paul would pick any of the other neo-con-asswipe-big-government-fake-conservative-moral-degenerate-sellouts is if they come around to Paul's positions 100%. That's not going to happen, so they won't be picked. In the extreme unlikely event that he does, I haven't made up my mind on what I would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
The only reason why Paul would pick any of the other neo-con-asswipe-big-government-fake-conservative-moral-degenerate-sellouts is if they come around to Paul's positions 100%. That's not going to happen, so they won't be picked. In the extreme unlikely event that he does, I haven't made up my mind on what I would do.

He has already said, he would not entertain the idea of being any of the other candidates running mates, because they do not hold his Constitutional values.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
My boyfriend and I were talking about this last night.

We have no clue really...but it would have to be someone who knows his sh*t...We both have the feeling if Ron Paul wins the elections someone might kill him.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Ex senator judd greg from NH

Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Ex senator judd greg from NH
Are you joking ? Gregg was against auditing the federal reserve a bill made possible by Paul's leadership :

Quote:
Sen. Judd Gregg, the top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, says he’s worried that politicians on Capitol Hill are sacrificing the Fed’s historic independence because the Fed has become unpopular during the economic crisis.
Judd Gregg: 'Political pandering' on Fed - Victoria McGrane - POLITICO.com

Judd Gregg now works for Goldman Sach's :

Quote:
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. today announced that Judd Gregg, a former three-term U.S. Senator from New Hampshire has been named an international advisor to the firm. He joins a group of 17 international advisors and will provide strategic advice to the firm and its clients, and assist in business development initiatives across our global franchise.
“Judd Gregg’s experience and insight will contribute significantly to our firm and our continuing focus on supporting economic growth,” said Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
Revolving Door Watch: Former Sen. Judd Gregg to Goldman Sachs | FDL News Desk

He is making too much money now for a lousy VP job and plus Paul would never consider this former creepy {R}.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:12 AM

233 posts, read 753,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
My boyfriend and I were talking about this last night.

We have no clue really...but it would have to be someone who knows his sh*t...We both have the feeling if Ron Paul wins the elections someone might kill him.
This is a good observation...Ron Paul says that he would attempt to disband the CIA, IRS, and Federal Reserve...

That is a lot of really powerful people and a lot of $$ that he is cutting people out of...it would be extremely easy to get rid of him...

Further to me it doesn't matter who he picks so much because it has come down to Paul as the only candidate not bought and paid for. When I look at him sure I do not agree with every single point he makes - but it is so much bigger than that. I have heard people say that well if he doesn't openly support gay marriage than I am not going to vote for him.. IMO that is dumb because if the economy collapses than we are all going to be f%cked in the arse regardless of our orientation...

Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What if he picked one of his competitors that he beat in the GOP primary?

Would you stick to your principles and NOT VOTE for Paul if Perry/Romney/Cain/Gingrich/Bachmann or any of the other "neo-cons/sellouts" were on the ticket?
What a dumb post. Ron Paul didn't back any of the neocons as president in 2008 so why ask? You may as well ask "if Ron Paul would select Obama to be his VP...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections