Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 08:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I agree with them that the $10,000 bet thing could have screwed over Romney...
That probably put the 'Nail in Romney's Presidential Coffin.'

Grassroots Americans resent Millionaires 'popping off' using their money to force a point. And the gambling aspect ($10,000 bet) was the disaster for Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I love that not one of these ABC hacks is even going to mention Paul and his performance. All of the applause and good answers and they just continue to talk about Bachman and Santorum being challenges as "consistent conservatives"...you have to be kidding me.

The sad part is that people don't pay attention.

Ron Paul is the only person with common sense and honesty.

People need to get educated about his track record. Not one person on that stage had anything bad to say about the man. NOT ONE DAMN THING.

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now we have the idiotic Perry jumping in with some nonsense about, we should have attacked Iran to save the lost drone. I think Newt was nodding in agreement. But the crowd loved it, that was the idea.
What? I totally missed that. I liked Perry's idea of a part time Congress, but it's also a fantasy.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:59 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,352 times
lol, absolutely no mention of Ron Paul's name in the post-debate commentary

Now that's something I would have easily taken a $10k bet on...

Old 12-10-2011, 09:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The sad part is that people don't pay attention.

Ron Paul is the only person with common sense and honesty.

People need to get educate about his track record. Not one person on that stage had anything bad to say about the man. NOT ONE DAMN THING.
Yup, and normally I don't get behind the whole media bias thing, but how is it that there was only ONE candidate that did not have their name mentioned in the post debate discussion by the "news" station that ran it...maybe I missed it but I did not hear his name mentioned ONCE.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Romney really showed me 'dark' colors in his statement of not supporting Israel with zeal and strength.

Bravo, Newt.
Don't see where you get that. Romney hammered obama on Israel and essentially agreed with Newt, except for making "incendiary" comments...that just so happen to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How sad is it that these lightweight, softball moderators are not seen kindly enough by the FOX News crowd, who think that the questions should be even softer?

This is why America is one of the most intellectually vapid places on earth.
The gall of george to ask about marriage fidelity - they guy is was at the heart of defending bubba with his rape allegations and sexual assaults.

ABC is little more than a mouthpiece for the dems.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, and normally I don't get behind the whole media bias thing, but how is it that there was only ONE candidate that did not have their name mentioned in the post debate discussion by the "news" station that ran it...maybe I missed it but I did not hear his name mentioned ONCE.
It makes my blood boil.

If the media were praising Ron Paul like they praise Newt and Romney, I am sure people would be all over Ron Paul.

People do not like to admit it, but the media plays a HUGE role on how they shape their minds.

And I am proud to say I have a mind of my own.

I can see through all of their bias and their BS.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now we have the idiotic Perry jumping in with some nonsense about, we should have attacked Iran to save the lost drone. I think Newt was nodding in agreement. But the crowd loved it, that was the idea.
Yeah, obama's decision to ALLOW the Iranians, Chinese and Russia to have it was such better idea.

I LOVED that he hammered on obama on this, something the MSM has NOT covered very much - a top secret stealth drone in the hands of our enemies.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I hope the Iowa voters are going by the overall performance, and character and not this slanted ABC commentary who is talking about who out slug fest favoring newt.
I guess we all need to invade this yahoo chat thing and tell them Ron Paul is only candidate who will beat Obama as he only one who has true plan that does not cater to this capitalist corruption.
Im serious if Ron Paul is not the nominee I will vote for Obama.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Perry is the lost drone.
Well then no worries of any countries gaining any intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Is this debate between Romney and Gingrich?

Or is this a GOP debate?

God...
Exactly. Too bad Paul got more applause than all the other candidates combined. He won the debate hands down in my eyes. But these tools are still just talking about Romney and Gingrich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections