Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 AM

34 posts, read 34,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I just got my Buggy Bumper Sticker.. "Ron Paul for President 1852" .... Looks like a winner to me.

I love your sense of humor !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 09:14 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
1. I don't like the idea of abandoning Israel as an ally. He said no more aid to Israel. This is the only real friend America has in the area.
Israel HAS SAID they dont need our ASSISTANCE.
In fact they dont want our assistance because they can find better solutions to deal with their enemies and not be suggesting WHAT BORDERS should be set.
Ron Paul will end ALL FOREIGN AID and that includes to the ENEMIES OF ISRAEL. How can you suppport ISRAEL when we currently send twice as much aid to the surrounding nations as Ron Paul has suggested. Plus the main reason we can't send any foreign aid is because we are ARE BROKE!

Anyway that doesnt mean we wont talk to all the countries continue trade and normal relations we just wont be sending them MONEY!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The President controls the troops.
Ron Paul:
"I served five years in the military. I’ve had a little experience. I’ve spent a little time over in the Pakistan/Afghanistan area, as well as Iran. But I wouldn’t wait for my generals. I’m the commander in chief. I make the decisions. I tell the generals what to do. I’d bring them home as quickly as possible. And I would get them out of Iraq as well. And I wouldn’t start a war in Libya. I’d quit bombing Yemen. And I’d quit bombing Pakistan."

The President runs the military + the military wants Ron Paul as President = Do you get it?, page 1
From 1/1/11-9/30/11
Total donations from active military Ron Paul has more than all other candidates combined, including Obama
Ron Paul 114k
Obama 69k
Romney 12k
Cain 10 k
Perry 7 k
Bachmann 7k
Newt 1 k
Santorum 1 K
This points to EXACTLY why Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas are extremely sane. Active military folk wouldn't mind not being thrown in harms way on a regular basis, for one thing. But more importantly, they see how little the rest of the world likes the USA running around the globe invading any nation that steps out of line, etc.

The USA's current foreign policy scares the crap out of the entire rest of the world. We are the only nation in the world that can invade any nation in the world in a matter of days. The fact that we did not have strong enough reason to invade Iraq drastically increases the perception of the USA as the world's biggest bully.

My take on a very long list of things we currently spend ludicrous amounts of money on: Sure it's nice but we can't afford it. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that makes sense from my point of view. Every other candidate can't hope to cut the budget enough because they're unwilling to make cuts on ALL of our biggest money sink-holes: Department of Defense, Social Security, Medicare, Medicate, Government Welfare.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Exactly.

I wonder where we would be today if recent Presidents (1900 until now) had heeded the advice given to us by George Washington?

Avalon Project - Washington's Farewell Address 1796

My God, he sounds just like Ron Paul! A raving lunatic on the extreme right wing fringe hate group!

Ever since 1900 the Presidents we have elected have been stupid scum who fell to "insidious wiles of foreign influence" which our founding father so eloquently warned us against.

I call them scum because not a day goes by I don't think of March 18, 1969 when I had to carry the burnt body parts of two friends who needlessly lost their lives, due to the "insidious wiles of foreign influence" in the worthless jungles southeast Asia. A war we should never have got ourselves involved with yet there the idiots went.

Pisses me off.

And here we are again, with the idiot in the white house causing the needless deaths of hundreds of American men. The skinny pimp in the white house needs to act as point man for a patrol in Afghanistan for just one day.

You know the skinny pimp is taking away our freedoms afforded us under the Constitution, don't you? It's happening in Congress right now.

Over the past 100 years think of the hundreds of thousands of lives that would have been saved, not to mention trillions in treasure, if only the scum we had elected had followed President Washington's advice.

I support Ron Paul, I will vote for him in the primaries and fervently work for his election if nominated but I know in my heart he won't be and you want to know why?
Quote:
To many stupid Americans who vote.

So any of you geniuses want to tell me what is so radical and wrong with Ron Paul's approach to foreign policy?
You are spot on sir, unfortunatly the media controls the election and Ron can't get equal air time and no credit for anything.The stupid/ uninformed American voter buy's into their crap.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are spot on sir, unfortunatly the media controls the election and Ron can't get equal air time and no credit for anything.The stupid/ uninformed American voter buy's into their crap.
Whenever there is a debate I notice the least amount of time is given to Ron Paul with the large majority going to Newt/Romney.

The American people are clamoring for end end to business as usual in Washington but here we go again, voting between two insiders both with proven records of business as usual.

We're voting for President of the United States as if we were selecting the winner of American Idol from out television remote. It's insane.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Whenever there is a debate I notice the least amount of time is given to Ron Paul with the large majority going to Newt/Romney.

The American people are clamoring for end end to business as usual in Washington but here we go again, voting between two insiders both with proven records of business as usual.

We're voting for President of the United States as if we were selecting the winner of American Idol from out television remote. It's insane.
Those who control the media, control the election. If you are aware of who controls the media and why they don't support Ron Paul, then you would understand why he gets no attention. Or maybe you do know???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections