Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:48 PM

865 posts, read 676,118 times

Advertisements

If we all go to the moon, then Newt will have a place to put his ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
The original poster has no idea why the author thinks it is a bad idea. Hint, it is in the first sentence of this quote from his link!

In the first place, Gingrich loves government more than I do. He has no Hayekian modesty to restrain his faith in statist endeavor. For example, he has called for “a massive new program to build a permanent lunar colony to exploit the Moon’s resources.” He has suggested that “a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways.”

Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,154 times
Then it would be mandatory to own a Ray Gun

Old 12-11-2011, 12:54 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Yep, that is where they will put you in jail for not having a gun. Now I am o.k. with the 2nd Amendment for the rights to own a gun if you choose. I am not o.k. with the requirement that you HAVE to own a gun. That is Newt's old district.

Southern U.S. town proud of its mandatory gun law | Reuters
Oh lord. Have you been to Kennesaw? I don't know what Kennesaw was like in 1982, but I have lived near there since 2005. Everyone does NOT have a gun there. I would be surprised if gun ownership was any higher in Kennesaw than any other place.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:54 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
If we all go to the moon, then Newt will have a place to put his ego.
Well if that is the case, he may need to colonize Jupiter. It is full of toxic gas as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh lord. Have you been to Kennesaw? I don't know what Kennesaw was like in 1982, but I have lived near there since 2005. Everyone does NOT have a gun there. I would be surprised if gun ownership was any higher in Kennesaw than any other place.
I have been there. Lived there. I am sure that you are right, but the fact is that was the law.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Yep, that is where they will put you in jail for not having a gun. Now I am o.k. with the 2nd Amendment for the rights to own a gun if you choose. I am not o.k. with the requirement that you HAVE to own a gun. That is Newt's old district.

Southern U.S. town proud of its mandatory gun law | Reuters
I've heard about this town. A city councilman in a town near me came out with a similar proposal a few years ago. IIRC, the guy was thought of as being a bit of a loon.

I'm a huge 2nd Amendment supporter, but am 100% against the right to not have a gun being taken away.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I've heard about this town. A city councilman in a town near me came out with a similar proposal a few years ago. IIRC, the guy was thought of as being a bit of a loon.

I'm a huge 2nd Amendment supporter, but am 100% against the right to not have a gun being taken away.
In fairness to Newt, he had nothing to do with the law. It was a local ordinance; however, that was his district.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
I've been amazed how anyone in the GOP who is calling themselves conservative could pull for Newt.

So far in the debates he's given a ton of rambling long-winded "solutions" including:

Employing six sigma on govt? WTF?

Sending the A Team into Iran to kill their scientists? WTF? In the same sentence he will talk about getting the youth interested in STEM and how we need to covertly kill more scientists. Goof.

Creating more bureaucracy in an effort to give amnesty to over ten million illegals? WTF?

This is just the debate crazies; which somehow people are considering good ideas?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I've been amazed how anyone in the GOP who is calling themselves conservative could pull for Newt.

So far in the debates he's given a ton of rambling long-winded "solutions" including:

Employing six sigma on govt? WTF?

Sending the A Team into Iran to kill their scientists? WTF? In the same sentence he will talk about getting the youth interested in STEM and how we need to covertly kill more scientists. Goof.

Creating more bureaucracy in an effort to give amnesty to over ten million illegals? WTF?

This is just the debate crazies; which somehow people are considering good ideas?
Yep, like I said, Newt is what stupid people believe intelligent people sound like. He just rambles on and on with no real ending. They don't understand it so it must be intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections