Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Again, you're missing the point. Nixon was pardoned for political reasons, Newt was too, in a sense. No part of the ad was a lie. Not a single part, and your attempts at damage control are weaksauce. If he wasn't guilty, why spend 300k? Hmmm If he(yes, his company still = Newt) took money from Freddie Mac, then he took the money from a very corrupt organization. He made that choice. If there is nothing wrong with him taking the money, then why do you care so much that it is pointed out?
Now thats an outright lie as well. Newt was NOT pardoned, the IRS stated

NO IMPROPRIETIES IN THE TAX FILINGS of Gingrich and the sponsoring Progress and Freedom Foundation.

"The ... course taught principles from American civilization that could be used by each American in everyday life whether the person is a welfare recipient, the head of a large corporation, or a politician."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...rich020499.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 PM

865 posts, read 676,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Now thats an outright lie as well. Newt was NOT pardoned, the IRS stated

NO IMPROPRIETIES IN THE TAX FILINGS of Gingrich and the sponsoring Progress and Freedom Foundation.

"The ... course taught principles from American civilization that could be used by each American in everyday life whether the person is a welfare recipient, the head of a large corporation, or a politician."
So you're inserting another argument into your assumptions of Ron's ad? The ad does not make any mentions of Newts foundation. So who is being dishonest now?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
So you're inserting another argument into your assumptions of Ron's ad? The ad does not make any mentions of Newts foundation. So who is being dishonest now?
Yes it does.. The 84 charges were involving News relationship with his Foundation

Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Yes it does.. The 84 charges were involving News relationship with his Foundation
Which was not addressed by the ad. The ad had a highlight of a media outlet talking about "charges" not "violations" as you previously were misleading with your failed argument. The ad is designed ingeniously to open that door again, because many during that time recognized something very fishy about the charges not holding water due to fine technicalities. It shows how FAR he is willing to go, to be a crook. Newt is very smart, and he is a very dirty politician. There was NO LIE in the ad, just your insertion or misinterpretation.
He is using Newt's words and methods against him, which is completely just.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Which was not addressed by the ad. The ad had a highlight of a media outlet talking about "charges" not "violations" as you previously were misleading with your failed argument.
Wrong.. the ad says he was fined $300K for LYING.. Thats AFTER the chares were dismissed and he was found not guilty with most of the charges being "unfounded"..

You can sit here and pretend this is accurate, but since its not, whats that make you? Thats right, a lier.
Quote:
The ad is designed ingeniously to open that door again, because many during that time recognized something very fishy about the charges not holding water due to fine technicalities.
Wrong again.. They didnt hold water and it had nothing to do with fine technicality. They were dismissed for the most part as "unfounded accusation". Are you telling me the IRS was "fishy" and gave him a pass? What are you basing this lie on?
Quote:
It shows how FAR he is willing to go, to be a crook.
More lies, unless you can list the crimes he has committed..
Quote:
Newt is very smart, and he is a very dirty politician. There was NO LIE in the ad, just your insertion or misinterpretation.
This from the poster who hasnt stopped lying.. Give it a break.. If you cant even stop lying yourself, then why should I respect your opinion on what was or was not a lie?
Quote:
He is using Newt's words and methods against him, which is completely just.
Actually that wasnt Newt speaking about a $300K fine for "lying". Maybe you need to re-watch the video or at the very least stop lying about what it says.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Wrong.. the ad says he was fined $300K for LYING.. Thats AFTER the chares were dismissed and he was found not guilty with most of the charges being "unfounded"..

You can sit here and pretend this is accurate, but since its not, whats that make you? Thats right, a lier.

Wrong again.. They didnt hold water and it had nothing to do with fine technicality. They were dismissed for the most part as "unfounded accusation". Are you telling me the IRS was "fishy" and gave him a pass? What are you basing this lie on?

This from the poster who hasnt stopped lying.. Give it a break.. If you cant even stop lying yourself, then why should I respect your opinion on what was or was not a lie?

Actually that wasnt Newt speaking about a $300K fine for "lying". Maybe you need to re-watch the video or at the very least stop lying about what it says.
Seems it would be safe to assume you intend to support Newt.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:

LOL, you just want to have a yelling contest? It wouldn't matter, because the ad is still factual and represents the original sources for each quote. If that is a lie, then you are wearing some big blinders.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Seems it would be safe to assume you intend to support Newt.
Its safe to assume that I dont like people LYING about about what actually took place.
Quote:
LOL, you just want to have a yelling contest? It wouldn't matter, because the ad is still factual and represents the original sources for each quote. If that is a lie, then you are wearing some big blinders.
Then show me the source of this $300K fine for LYING?
Show me where Newt was a lobbyiest? Hint, he wasnt. He was a consultant.

Dont blame me because you dont know the difference and dont mind being LIED to.. Thats YOUR problem.. not mine.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Its safe to assume that I dont like people LYING about about what actually took place.

Then show me the source of this $300K fine for LYING?
Show me where Newt was a lobbyiest? Hint, he wasnt. He was a consultant.

Dont blame me because you dont know the difference and dont mind being LIED to.. Thats YOUR problem.. not mine.
You don't like people 'lying'? Then I guess you don't like Newt Gingrich for 'lying' to his wife that he would be faithful to her 'for better of for worse'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections