Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times

Advertisements

I think that the White House definitely playeda role in the character assasination of Herman Cain that forced him to withdraw from the race. Obama feared him because Cain was not only a good leader with smart conservative policies, he would have split the black vote in the election.

Now I do not know who I will vote for. I was a big fan of Herman Cain, he was the best choice. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich are both too soft on illegal immigration especially Perry who said illegals should get in-state tuition in college. I firmly believe there should be no sort of sympathy or amnesty to any illegal aliens, and that we need to send a clear message to them that they are not welcome in our country and that they will no longer be tolerated and that neither will Americans who employ them or assist in any way shape or form. Here in Maryland I was involved in overturning the Dream Act and forcing it to the ballot of 2012 where it will most likely be overturned.

Mitt Romney troubles me because of his statewide insurance plan in Massachusetts which is a form of government meddling in our affairs not much better than Obamacare. Plus I don't think a New England Republican can truly be that conservative. Also judge me however yall want but to me religion matters and Romney's religion counts against him in my eyes. I want a President who shares my culture and values and a Mormon does not fit the bill, though of course that is preferrable to a Muslim or an athiest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Yes...

It's all Barack Obama's fault that woman after woman accused Herman Cain of harassing them, or cheating with them.

It's all Barack Obama's fault that GOP donors and likely voters abandoned Herman Cain en masse.

It's all Barack Obama's fault that Herman Cain's wife had to humiliatingly do the "stand by her man" thing while he went on and on about himself in a farewell press conference.

It's all Barack Obama's fault... and Herman Cain is entirely innocent...

Sheesh, all this crying and whining and finger-pointing at anyone but the man in question... by the so-called party of personal responsibility...

Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Obama would have wanted Cain to be his opponent. We saw how uninformed Cain was during the debates. "I'll defer to Newt". I remember the lemmings laughed instead of being disgusted. Cain is a Federal Reserve employee who is for big government and does not care about the lower and middle class as anyone can see once they understand his 9-9-9 plan raised taxes on those two classes.
Two weeks before the crash he didn't see it coming in an article he wrote in his column.
He would rip Cain apart in a debate imo. So no I don't think Obama would have anything to do with unseating Cain.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I think that the White House definitely playeda role in the character assasination of Herman Cain that forced him to withdraw from the race. Obama feared him because Cain was not only a good leader with smart conservative policies, he would have split the black vote in the election.

Now I do not know who I will vote for. I was a big fan of Herman Cain, he was the best choice. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich are both too soft on illegal immigration especially Perry who said illegals should get in-state tuition in college. I firmly believe there should be no sort of sympathy or amnesty to any illegal aliens, and that we need to send a clear message to them that they are not welcome in our country and that they will no longer be tolerated and that neither will Americans who employ them or assist in any way shape or form. Here in Maryland I was involved in overturning the Dream Act and forcing it to the ballot of 2012 where it will most likely be overturned.

Mitt Romney troubles me because of his statewide insurance plan in Massachusetts which is a form of government meddling in our affairs not much better than Obamacare. Plus I don't think a New England Republican can truly be that conservative. Also judge me however yall want but to me religion matters and Romney's religion counts against him in my eyes. I want a President who shares my culture and values and a Mormon does not fit the bill, though of course that is preferrable to a Muslim or an athiest.
Self inflicted wounds along with fellow righties willing to open them further. Obama had nothing to do with Cains Failings.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
I loathe Obama, but Cain assassinated his own character.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
No, it'd be pointless. Cain had no chance against Obama. Obama's main target right now is Romney.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Question Do you Think Obama was responsible for the character assassination of Herman Cain?

Trying VERY hard to avoid the ugly truth that Cain was never a serious contender?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:

Now I do not know who I will vote for. I was a big fan of Herman Cain, he was the best choice. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich are both too soft on illegal immigration especially Perry who said illegals should get in-state tuition in college.
Perry said no such thing. He said it made sense for them to do it in Texas, for children who came to Texas as young children, so they wouldn't suck Texas dry when they were adults collecting other state entitlements. In other words it was cheaper to give them in state tuition so they would get an education and not bleed Texas dry as adults. It was overwhelmingly passed in the state legislature and he signed it. Perry is a 10th amendment guy. Just because it's good for Texas doesn't mean it's good for New Hampshire, for example. Texas, because it's a border state, has to deal with an illegal issue that's big compared to some governor up north. The federal government is responsible for the border and the governors have to deal with the mess. It's not like he wrote a book saying, "We can accomplish the same thing for everybody," then removed the line in a later version because he was running for President.

I think Herman Cain was responsible for Herman Cain and I think the Republican Machine shed light on it not the Democrats. They would have waited for the general election to do it when the Republicans had no choice but to stick with a flawed candidate.

They aren't happy that Newt Gingrich is the candidate, either.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 AM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
I want a President who shares my culture and values and a Mormon does not fit the bill, though of course that is preferrable to a Muslim or an athiest.
I'm just curious as to what about your culture and values you believe to be different from Mitt Romney's. Would you mind clarifying?

Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Is this not the modern way these days - assassination and character assassination? It's easy to point out the flaws in people...but to focus on the flaws of others cause those observing to focus on YOUR flaws. It's not a wise way to campaign...but in the same breath - If someone is dis-honorable - mention it once and move on - cos' some has to point out the major defect...then move on as rapidly as possible with a positive message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections