Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 10:50 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times

Advertisements

This link exposes the US foreign policy and I think explains to the neocon's agenda why Ron Paul was actually TOUGHER on communism, and foreign aid then anyone. Ron Paul exposes funding to the soviet union, exposes credit to China, Exposes why he didnt want us to stop making weapons when Russia said they would. Ron Paul consistantly is Pro-America FIRST and follows the constitution when it comes to fighting wars and WINNING THEM! Ron Paul is not anti-war for reasons of hippy, liberalism or soft on arrgessive countries but he doesnt pretend to have a war on anything with out having all the facts and economic lies and war propoganda for it.

Ron Paul as an Anti-communist Cold Warrior (http://www.thenewamerican.com/history/american/8677-ron-paul-as-an-anti-communist-cold-warrior - broken link)

Its time the facts are straight and why he is a CONSERVATIVE with libertarian leanings that this country so very much needs.

Be honest and do some reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
I am currently reading his book "The Revolution: A Manifesto".

I suggest everyone should do the same, especially if you think he wants to isolate this country and also those who think his foreign policy is weak.

As someone who was raised abroad, I experienced, firsthand, the hatred foreigners have toward the American people.. The main argument was that we need to mind our business and stop saving the world. They always said Americans are too nosy. A lot of people I know who have lived abroad will tell you the same thing.

When we went over to Iraq I thought it was the right thing to do... But how has that made us safe? It has not.

I wonder how Americans would feel if Russia (or whatever nation) decided we are a threat to the world and ended up doing what we did over in Iraq. Patrolling the roads, setting curfews... Killing innocent people. How would you like that to happen here?

This idea that we can stop evil is outdated and naive.

Americans should be more concerned about those crooks in Washington...Abraham Lincoln said we will be destroyed from within and it will be our fault. I believe he was right.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 12-14-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Actually the best book to read on Foreign policy is
Ron Paul - A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship

HE explains every issue in house speeches and all our military adventures from Bush Sr, Reagan, Clinton etc. Its funny to think someone was telling people with common sense why we were funding terrorist and then still fighting them at the same time and exposing the special interests and corrupt nature of washington.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:15 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Its time the facts are straight and why he is a CONSERVATIVE with libertarian leanings that this country so very much needs.

Be honest and do some reading.
False. Paul is a through and through libertarian and not a conservative at all (that's why fox and the other extreme righties hate him)

Old 12-14-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
False. Paul is a through and through libertarian and not a conservative at all (that's why fox and the other extreme righties hate him)
Did you even read the link... probably not.. I guess if you consider new conservatives some how conservatives? Sure Ron Paul is a "libertarian" to them because OF the war on drugs and that is about as far as he is libertarian the rest is constitutional converative.

Though it wasnts to long ago conservatives talked just like him even has recent as 2000!!! Maybe you should look at what a
Paleoconservative

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Did you even read the link... probably not.. I guess if you consider new conservatives some how conservatives? Sure Ron Paul is a "libertarian" to them because OF the war on drugs and that is about as far as he is libertarian the rest is constitutional converative.

Though it wasnts to long ago conservatives talked just like him even has recent as 2000!!! Maybe you should look at what a
Paleoconservative
I've been following Paul for years and I've never once heard him refer to himself as a conservative or republican, but many times a libertarian.
Paul has many libertarian stances of not just legalizing all drugs, but ending all the wars and bringing all the troops home, stopping the right wing military industrial complex, auditing the fed, stopping the handout to big oil and other large corporations, not agreeing to there being a federal mandate on gay marriage, even saying marriage should be out of the governments hands completely and done through the church.
All on these stances would be considered very liberal.

Sure he has many stances that could be considered very conservative as well, but only looking at things through GOP rosy colored glasses and ignoring his other stances just to make him appear to be some kind of conservative is false.

He's a libertarian through and through.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

I wonder how Americans would feel if Russia (or whatever nation) decided we are a threat to the world and ended up doing what we did over in Iraq. Patrolling the roads, setting curfews... Killing innocent people. How would you like that to happen here?

Makes you wonder why the Chinese are in full military build mode.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:00 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Just a lil' reminder that some of the folks over there in LeftyLand have been off their meds for a loooooong time.

Be gentle with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections