U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:29 AM

233 posts, read 666,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The main stream media is owned by corporate Amerika who ignores anyone they have not bought and paid for.
The game is fixed.
Ron Paul tells the truth which makes him an enemy of the press.
You know people used to say this and I used to think "yeah okay you are an idiot..." but over the past mmmmmm 8-12 years, it became a little confusing...about a year ago I began vigorously questioning the state of the union and researching past political corruption and basically..

yeah I totally agree with this..the game is fixed..

I am not in support of everything Ron Paul says but if you believe (i do) that the game is fixed (see: obama vs mccain major political contributions 2008 - both had similar parties providing money) ...then it becomes extremely clear how Ron Paul is NOT playing ball with the people up top.

For this reason alone I vote for him..

I saw someone talking about how Newt was such a patriot and this and that...local PDs now using predator drones, the Federales now have the power to detain American citizens indefinitely, without trial..

I fear if Ron Paul is not elected that our country will continue down this path..I do not know what that means but I feel that the founding fathers would probably have just left by now...

and remember they didn't start the war with Britain...it was Britain who kept coming over and meandering in the business of the Americans...

just my .02 ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,136,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
You know people used to say this and I used to think "yeah okay you are an idiot..." but over the past mmmmmm 8-12 years, it became a little confusing...about a year ago I began vigorously questioning the state of the union and researching past political corruption and basically..

yeah I totally agree with this..the game is fixed..

I am not in support of everything Ron Paul says but if you believe (i do) that the game is fixed (see: obama vs mccain major political contributions 2008 - both had similar parties providing money) ...then it becomes extremely clear how Ron Paul is NOT playing ball with the people up top.

For this reason alone I vote for him..

I saw someone talking about how Newt was such a patriot and this and that...local PDs now using predator drones, the Federales now have the power to detain American citizens indefinitely, without trial..

I fear if Ron Paul is not elected that our country will continue down this path..I do not know what that means but I feel that the founding fathers would probably have just left by now...

and remember they didn't start the war with Britain...it was Britain who kept coming over and meandering in the business of the Americans...

just my .02 ...
If Paul would come out and state "I will step down as POTUS in 2 years if I have not turned the country around",I would not only vote for him, but I would volunteer to work in his campaign in any capacity they could use me in...the fact remains that even beating enormous odds and getting elected,he would have to veto EVERYTHING that hit his desk just to get anything passed...I can't see it happening.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 AM

3,223 posts, read 8,467,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth to you.

I work in rural and I work in metro areas everyday and back and forth.
Politics comes up all the time with people I meet and people that are my clients for the day.

It can be a touchy subject, so the tactic you use discussing politics with a stranger may be not as forthcoming as it would be at home.

Everyone likes Ron Paul. They may not like one or two things, but they are not deal breakers. I just say "Ya, the Constitution is a little hard to understand at times, isn't it". The answer is always, "YES, it is".

I'm seeing way more support for Ron Paul than any other guy running for office and that includes Obama.

Ron Paul seems to be the talk of the town, when politics comes up.
The main part of the discussion is, why the media was not letting Ron's message out, because it is an awesome message of the Constitution, not to be heard.
He wants to abolish the fed, who are the same ones who select the democratic and republican nominee, and only then let the people elect the lesser of two evils. In reality I don't see a difference with Bush and Obama. They both like war, they both spend like they want to run America into debt slavery, they both vacation to much and seem way out of touch with the people. They're job is very simple, which is to serve the elite interest and throw bird feed at the Americans to keep them somewhat satisfied. Ever know two people in your family where the one who is selfish gets all the respect while the one who speaks their mind but does more for you gets bashed?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:45 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,136,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
He wants to abolish the fed, who are the same ones who select the democratic and republican nominee, and only then let the people elect the lesser of two evils. In reality I don't see a difference with Bush and Obama. They both like war, they both spend like they want to run America into debt slavery, they both vacation to much and seem way out of touch with the people. They're job is very simple, which is to serve the elite interest and throw bird feed at the Americans to keep them somewhat satisfied. Ever know two people in your family where the one who is selfish gets all the respect while the one who speaks their mind but does more for you gets bashed?
That's one of the follies of human nature that is so true,but I find impossible to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or