U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Will you support Mitt Romney if he gets the nomination?
Yes 26 44.07%
No 33 55.93%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM
 
12,050 posts, read 11,109,050 times
Reputation: 9999

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You know,I thought the exact same thing...here's another Texas politician with an extremely low IQ,loves Jesus in a really freaky sorta way,thinks there is a conspiracy against Santa Claus,hates gays and couldn't pour pi$$ out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel...the PERFECT RWNJ candidate...and they rejected him...I did get a .000000001 bit more respect for the RWNJs...that is until Newt showed up on the band wagon.

LOLOLOLOLOL! Hillarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
 
12,050 posts, read 11,109,050 times
Reputation: 9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I would vote for you over Obama
You would be far happier with Obama as president, wjwet. I have never even considered what I would do as president (I'm not that conceited), but if fate gave me the chance, I would not waste the opportunity. I'd probably more or less follow Ron Paul's program. End the empire. End the fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,153,225 times
Reputation: 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL! Hillarious!
I had just the right amount of caffeine in me when I posted that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:18 PM
 
12,050 posts, read 11,109,050 times
Reputation: 9999
I should have specified that only Republicans should vote in this poll. Half of you guys can't get behind Romney? Come on -- he was the conservative alternative to McCain in 2008. Tempermant-wise, he's a bit stiff -- but he seems like a good guy. He's basically the Republican Kerry, but I think both Romney and Kerry have integrity. Both try to be honorable and decent.

Those of you who are worried about his "flip-flopping": do you really think he's going to govern as a "liberal"? He's not. He's going to dance with the one who brought him.

I personally don't like him because I am deeply troubled by his Wall Street past, but I'm a not a Republican. I just can't see what those of you who are have against this guy. Are you sure this isn't about him being Mormon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
 
1,147 posts, read 778,246 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I should have specified that only Republicans should vote in this poll. Half of you guys can't get behind Romney? Come on -- he was the conservative alternative to McCain in 2008. Tempermant-wise, he's a bit stiff -- but he seems like a good guy. He's basically the Republican Kerry, but I think both Romney and Kerry have integrity. Both try to be honorable and decent.

Those of you who are worried about his "flip-flopping": do you really think he's going to govern as a "liberal"? He's not. He's going to dance with the one who brought him.

I personally don't like him because I am deeply troubled by his Wall Street past, but I'm a not a Republican. I just can't see what those of you who are have against this guy. Are you sure this isn't about him being Mormon?
I'm an independent. Aka the swing vote.

What's the difference between Romney and Ron Paul?

Ron Paul has the courage to hock up a big loogie and spit in the face of the status quo. Romney is too much like the old line.

Nobody wants the old line. They know that's why we're here. We need someone who will effect meaningful change for the better, for American citizens, and not American business. That's what a lot of these guys lose sight of. We're supposed to help business with the idea in mind that it's good for the people.

So far, nothing we've done in favor of big business for the last DECADE has worked in favor of United States citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Romney is Michael Dukkakis 2.0
I bet you voted for Dukakis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I should have specified that only Republicans should vote in this poll. Half of you guys can't get behind Romney? Come on -- he was the conservative alternative to McCain in 2008. Tempermant-wise, he's a bit stiff -- but he seems like a good guy. He's basically the Republican Kerry, but I think both Romney and Kerry have integrity. Both try to be honorable and decent.

Those of you who are worried about his "flip-flopping": do you really think he's going to govern as a "liberal"? He's not. He's going to dance with the one who brought him.

I personally don't like him because I am deeply troubled by his Wall Street past, but I'm a not a Republican. I just can't see what those of you who are have against this guy. Are you sure this isn't about him being Mormon?
Ron Paul's minions are vastly overrepresented on this board. They are not Republicans for the most part. That explains the number of "no" votes.

When push comes to shove, the vast majority of Republicans are going to back whoever the nominee is, including Romney, because Oblama has been THAT BAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:07 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 37,095,343 times
Reputation: 12758
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Romney lost me when he said "Corporations are people"
Romney lost me when he:

1) Signed the Mass. AWB
2) Romneycare
3) Flip flopped on abortion
4) Voiced support for TARP
5) Voiced support for The Patriot Act, repeatedly.

Simply stated Romney will take any position as long as it will get him elected. After that count on him to take any position which will give him power and keep the money rolling into his campaign chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Ron Paul's minions are vastly overrepresented on this board. (your assuption and opinion based not in fact) They are not Republicans for the most part. That explains the number of "no" votes.

When push comes to shove, the vast majority of Republicans are going to back whoever the nominee is, including Romney, because Oblama has been THAT BAD.
Many supporters of Ron Paul used to be Republicans before the GOP left the Constitution and small government behind. The GOP left Constitutional Conservatives and thus the popularity of Dr. Paul message with disenfranchised former republicans and blue Dog Democrats alike.

Hopefully by now, after 2 Bushes, Carter, Clinton and Obama people understand that merely voting for the lesser of the two evils still puts evil into the Oval Office and diminishes our country.

It took Carter to bring us Regan and it has taken Obama to hopefully bring us Ron Paul and a long needed return to the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:11 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Romney lost me when he:

1) Signed the Mass. AWB
2) Romneycare
3) Flip flopped on abortion
4) Voiced support for TARP
5) Voiced support for The Patriot Act, repeatedly.

Simply stated Romney will take any position as long as it will get him elected. After that count on him to take any position which will give him power and keep the money rolling into his campaign chest.
His "flip-flop" on abortion is hardly a negative in my view. Becoming pro-life in very liberal Massachusetts isn't something a political animal groveling for votes would do.

It shows he has character and is capable of changing his mind when the facts merit a switch. A good trait that rigid ideologues like Ron Paul don't have and will never have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 8,993,200 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
His "flip-flop" on abortion is hardly a negative in my view. Becoming pro-life in very liberal Massachusetts isn't something a political animal groveling for votes would do.

It shows he has character and is capable of changing his mind when the facts merit a switch. A good trait that rigid ideologues like Ron Paul don't have and will never have.
I think you are forgetting that he was pro choice when he was groveling for votes in Massachusetts. He became pro life when he had to grovel for votes in the 2008 GOP primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top