Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Gingrich 8 9.76%
Romney 17 20.73%
Paul 50 60.98%
Bachmann 2 2.44%
Perry 2 2.44%
Huntsman 3 3.66%
Santorum 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Was it just me, or were any of you other guys gettin a little turned on when Bachman was ripping Newt a new orifice, and you could literally see him shaking? She definitely made him stammer once or twice.

Never mind. I got a thing for tough chicks I guess, lol.
Problem is that she is a liar, and the kind that carries the Christian banner.
She wouldn't hesitate to bomb Iran, which makes her also a dangerous fool. If you watched her interview with Hannity, after the debate, he uses her to attack Ron Paul some more.

Last edited by claudhopper; 12-16-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:33 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not bashing him. I AGREE with 99% of what he says, but his foreign policy position, Iranian issue are deal breakers. His claim there is NO evidence that Iran is close to getting nukes is unbelievable. On top of that, he's another old white man that CAN'T win a general election.

As I've stated before, he would make a GREAT fed chairman.
IAEA has no evidence, their report said Iran MAY BE. Ron Paul is right. Look what happened to Libya, after he gave up his nuclear ambitions to appease us. This war mongering of the west has to stop - killing people is not the path to peace.
We are threatening Russia now. This is their reply.

Interference in Russian affairs is an act of war

Quote:
The west, and particularly the United States, are not in a position to criticise the Russian election process, nor are they in a position to criticise the ever popular leader, Vladimir Putin. It is well known that what makes Vladimir Putin so supremely electable are all of his great deeds in restoring Russia to a decent place in the world, with much worldwide respect, fiscally sound and responsible, strong and stable.
Who can compete with that in the bankrupt, hypocritical, international law breaking, war mongering west where you will find no stronger, more determined supporters of terrorism? Can even one leader be found among the lot of them that actually did something for the people in their own country?
Absolutely not.
Interference in Russian affairs is an act of war

Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
For every Republican he "loses" because of that position, several more Dems/Independents jump on board...
Yep...people seem to forget how important those people will be in the 2012 general election. Just nominating another ol' republican won't win it for the GOP. The days of the neo-conservative chickenhawk are coming to a close.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Is this the debate discussion thread? I was wondering where everyone else was. I posted in the wrong one.

I didn't take notes during this debate because frankly, I'm suffering from debate fatigue. But these are some things I was thinking about.

1. Michele Bachmann sounds like a Congress person/lawyer not an executive. What is she going to do AFTER she takes the fight to Barack Obama? Who is she going to "fight" after inauguration day? Fighting is not a President's job. The President calls the shots. No evidence in her background that she is capable of calling the shots so she obfuscates that lack of executive experience with being combative and critical. I think I'd vote for her as a Congress person if she lived in my state district, though. Go home, Michelle, and run for Governor and after a term I'll reconsider. It's easy to be critical when you have never had to make executive decisions, yourself but you are spunky.

2. That brings me to Rick Santorum. I'm impressed with what he did when he was on Capitol Hill and I believe he is a good person but like Bachmann, he is also a lawyer and talks like a Senator not an executive. You can be a great Senator but that doesn't mean you can run things. The way a Senator/lawyer handles problems is not the same way an executive has to react to big problems.

3. For all of the big solutions/big ideas talk, the only candidates that have actually presented "big" solutions/ideas are Rick Perry (part time Congress, term limits for justices, first with the flat tax, first with the energy jobs) and Herman Cain (9-9-9, gone but not forgotten). Ron Paul gets a shout out for having different/unique ideas but I'm not hearing big solutions from him (I think because he has no executive experience he's not used to handling problems, only assessing and criticizing). I haven't heard any from Mitt Romney (still boring - what is it 59 points?)... or Newt Gingrich (who talks about it the most but actually says the least (along with Romney that says the same old/same old stuff everybody is saying) on substance. With Newt, he's been around long enough to rest on past actions but it's a lot easier to do it as a consultant, professor, analsyt, author, documentarian, congressman than it is to follow through on those ideas with implementation actions. Technically, Freddie Mac execs had the tough job in that transaction, not Gingrich.

4. They wanted Ron Paul to sound crazy on national defense. It was pretty obvious what they were up to, there. The thing with Paul is he never says anything different. So, for a debate that was supposed to ask different questions, that only applied if your name wasn't Ron Paul. I happen to think Ron Paul is crazy on National defense but I like debate shenanigans from cable news networks even less.

5. Despite the hype from Fox News as this being the "most important" debate, it wasn't actually the best one. In my opinion, that award goes to a Fox News colleague, Mike Huckabee (who didn't call his a debate) with a shout out to Sawyer/Snuffleupagus. Too much time was spent on December 15 making the candidates talk about political strategy. That's only important to the news media, politicians and political junkies like us, not the rank and file voters.

6. "Who is your favorite Supreme Court Justice?" is right up there with "If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?" What did they expect the REPUBLICAN candidates to say? I vote that the second dumbest question in the all of the debates.

7. On the other hand, the other Supreme Court questions (Kelly) and answers were very good and unique, maybe the best of all of the debates. Neil Cavuto (first timer) did not embarrass himself, either. I still think the Fox Business Channel (Demand It!) should have conducted one of the Fox debates. I don't like snide Chris Wallace or his snotty Sunday panel so I can't be fair with him.

8. I can't remember anything Jon Huntsman said but apparently neither could the person responsible for the Fox News screen scroll, post-debate. Unless my eyes were deceiving me, his name was missing from the list of candidates who debated in the screen scroll.

9. Frank Luntz (post debate) is biased, in my opinion. He's not the only one shilling for Romney but his shilling is the most egregiously obvious.

10. Did Bret Baier assemble a panel of Iowans on his 6:00P show or was it the same old elitist hacks from DC? After Cavuto and The Five, I was watching a Bones re-run on TNT during Baier's show and only tuned in during the commercials on TNT. I saw the one regular but the other two panelists were not Iowa locals. However, I do not know if Baier also talked to Iowans and I just missed it which would be too bad because I really wanted to hear their take, not the DC bubble boys. You know, I was watching some show on Fox News this week and they acknowledge we're annoyed with the Republican media (that would be them plus others in print and web).

Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Problem is that she is a liar, and the kind that carries the Christian banner.
She wouldn't hesitate to bomb Iran, which makes her also a dangerous fool. If you watched her interview with Hannity, after the debate, he uses her to attack Ron Paul some more.
Oh I have no intention of voting for her, lol. I thought Sarah Palin was hot too. Would never vote for her either.

...but watching Newt stammer and shake sure was funny, lol.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM

535 posts, read 585,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
This is SO WEIRD........... LOOK AT THIS , watch the last minute, and then go back and pause at 6:38 , and then pause at 6:40

Ron Paul Hannity Post Fox News Debate Interview 12/15/2011 - YouTube

Does anyone else get freaked out at their weird mouth gestures by Sean and then Ron??????? It's so weird, almost like David Icke's theory of reptilians might be right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Looks like maybe Ron's dentures were falling out?

Is that what it is? What's your explanation of Sean's mouth gesture? Does he always smirk reptilian-like to the top left ?

I'm still not sure. It just seems so weird how the camera guy catches it so perfectly, b.c I know the Illuminati reptilians like to use signals that are oblivious to us normal folks. Also , they didn't show how their handshake was, it possibly was some free masonry hand shake from the looks of their shoulder movements.

Anyone else care to chime in please. What do you think?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
[quote=treasurefinder;22143677]You are absolutely right..I am not a Ron Paul supporter, but it is clear that his rise in the polls is scaring the likes of Fox News. I listened to Hannitys radio show yesterday, and he spent some time talking about things posted on Pauls website. Its funny that basically Fox will pick the Republican candidate. They were in LOVE with Perry, but he flamed out, so they are grasping at straws. Its sad that so many folks follow them blindly.[/quote

I agree, Rupert Murdoch thinks he is choosing the Republican nominee. Fox is pushing old Newt down everyone's throats right now. Perry was Murdoch's first choice, but he didn't come through so now Newt is their fallback guy. What little I can stand to watch Fox, I cannot believe what they pass off as legitimate news. It is so inaccurate and biased it's pathetic. I think they are very disrespectful to Ron Paul and dont treat him as a legitimate candidate. Whether they agree or not should not be the issue.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Is that what it is? What's your explanation of Sean's mouth gesture? Does he always smirk reptilian-like to the top left ?

I'm still not sure. It just seems so weird how the camera guy catches it so perfectly, b.c I know the Illuminati reptilians like to use signals that are oblivious to us normal folks. Also , they didn't show how their handshake was, it possibly was some free masonry hand shake from the looks of their shoulder movements.

I was just joking More than likely it was was a "Go F yourself Ron" smirk from Hannity with Ron replying with the "Shove that nerf football up your a** douchebag" teeth smile.
Hannity and fox have bashed and discredited Paul for quite a while. Paul knows the right wing establishment hates him. I'm actually surprised he gave the interview as he's turned down Hannity and fox quite a few times.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

4. They wanted Ron Paul to sound crazy on national defense. It was pretty obvious what they were up to, there. The thing with Paul is he never says anything different. So, for a debate that was supposed to ask different questions, that only applied if your name wasn't Ron Paul. I happen to think Ron Paul is crazy on National defense but I like debate shenanigans from cable news networks even less.
Apparently you didnt listen to what else he was talking about last night.
He mention a whole different approach to this economy, congress, ways to get this country back etc. Watch the clip Neon posted of last night debate.
I am amazed how smart this guy is and he has not wavered from his convictions. I didnt realize til last night that he was a part of the Tea Party and that kinda frighten me when you have extremists like Palin and Bachmann. This guy is true Tea Party candidate who also believes in cutting defense the others who are reluctant in doing also he has what OWS is fighting for this corruption with Washington & Wall Street.

Im register Democrat and I was analysing what the other Republicans had to offer and none of them I see as a strong fiscal responsible leader so I was like ok Ill vote for Obama again.
I been reading for months how there seem to be a large amount of posts about Ron Paul here on City-Data. I skim but never thought much of it.
After last night, I see why many here on City-data support Ron Paul.
That clip Neon provided below helps you understand what kind of leader Ron Paul will be. The rest just know how to blab talking points or use fear mongering tactics.
Im impress with Ron Paul he smart and a litlle quirky.
At 1:13 you see his vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
Looking forward to Ron Paul's Presidential inauguration in 2013.

Ron Paul Highlights at the Fox News Iowa GOP Debate - YouTube

Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM

535 posts, read 585,780 times
Quote:
This is SO WEIRD........... LOOK AT THIS , watch the last minute, and then go back and pause at 6:38 , and then pause at 6:40

Ron Paul Hannity Post Fox News Debate Interview 12/15/2011 - YouTube

Does anyone else get freaked out at their weird mouth gestures by Sean and then Ron??????? It's so weird, almost like David Icke's theory of reptilians might be right.
Quote:
Looks like maybe Ron's dentures were falling out?
Quote:

Quote:
I was just joking More than likely it was was a "Go F yourself Ron" smirk from Hannity with Ron replying with the "Shove that nerf football up your a** douchebag" teeth smile.
Hannity and fox have bashed and discredited Paul for quite a while. Paul knows the right wing establishment hates him. I'm actually surprised he gave the interview as he's turned down Hannity and fox quite a few times.

I still don't know Tempe.. it just freaks me out every time I re-watch it. It freaks me out even in small screen on here, but you can click on the link or search youtube for it and watch it in full screen for better picture.

It just seems so unnatural and is giving me chills. I think I might need to start a new thread for it. And by "unnatural" , I mean for humans. It seems like a normal reptilian thing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections