U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: All of but one of the Republican candidates are ready to go into another costly war; are you ?
No wars unless America is directly threatened 61 93.85%
Yes ...prepare for battle 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,142,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Do I smell a "Newtster" in this thread?
I think you do Bob...you can always tell by the smell of BS in the air....below is the best way to handle one too imho.

This message is hidden because pghquest is on your ignore list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 AM

4,834 posts, read 4,802,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Do I smell a "Newtster" in this thread?

Do you even have to ask? Lol

Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 AM

1,147 posts, read 777,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
FAIL..
Ahh,.. lol. Now I know who I'm dealing with. No wonder none of your arguments appeared to be based in reality. I couldn't put my finger on it all this time, but that one word, used in that context, told me all I needed to know.

Yes Muleskinner, you've got the right idea. Right behind ya!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Ahh,.. lol. Now I know who I'm dealing with. No wonder none of your arguments appeared to be based in reality. I couldn't put my finger on it all this time, but that one word, used in that context, told me all I needed to know.

Yes Muleskinner, you've got the right idea. Right behind ya!
I have to do that with some after awhile to keep from getting banned from here....the emptiest wagons make the most noise and the iggy button shuts that noise off.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 AM

4,112 posts, read 3,807,889 times
Paul speaks for the American people, further evidenced by this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Paul speaks for the American people, further evidenced by this poll
That is surely true in the case of wars...every war since WW II has cost the best our country had to offer their lives to make contractors,politicians and big business even richer....end of story.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 AM

4,112 posts, read 3,807,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That is surely true in the case of wars...every war since WW II has cost the best our country had to offer their lives to make contractors,politicians and big business even richer....end of story.
Exactly, for these other morons on the stage to even bring up the possibility of invading Iran (or Syria as well, like Perry & Gingrich want) is ridiculous. America is war-weary.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 AM

740 posts, read 1,757,203 times
Quote:
Why do yuo guys always have to run aroudn lying so much. treasonous remarks by posting a fact? Give a life..

you obviously have no god dam clue about my family nor the number of members in the military, nor does it matter because the FACTS are more died during D Day, and D Day was a blood bath..

YOU are the one disrespecting those who died fighting this nation battling in true blood baths battles. People like YOU make me sick by writing off all of the past deaths and those who gave their life fighting in wars that were major uphill battles and challenges.. Iraq nor Afghanistan were NEITHER.

Good.. then maybe when you stop whining about us fighting battles that were a piece of cake compared to the numerous battles in the past where people fought knowing dam well heir chances of coming home were far less than either one of these battles. I doubt it because people like you who can only sit here and whine because of a few casulties were made to defend Democracy and freedmom that you enjoy because of the MILLIONS of others who have given their life to defend your right to whine.
PGH, you are sooooo clueless. Seriously, quit while you are still behind. A war is a war, a death in battle is still a death in battle. Quit trying to justify the Iran and Afghanistan wars by comparing them to others. Both of these wars were needless and absolutely unjustified. Open your eyes, man!!! Either you are clueless, or you have a vested interest in war in general.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Exactly, for these other morons on the stage to even bring up the possibility of invading Iran (or Syria as well, like Perry & Gingrich want) is ridiculous. America is war-weary.
So very true....they are tired of watching their kids come home with PTSD,crippled or in a body bag for no good reason other than lining somebody else's pockets...the patriotic bullshyte that Rove/Bush/Cheney pulled will no longer fly in todays America.....most have woken up to realise they were played and as GDumbya said....
“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.” —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,558,850 times
Quote:
We lost more men on D Day than we did over the last 8 years during the war in Iraq and Afghanistan COMBINED..
WW2 was stupid and pointless, and Iraq was stupid and pointless, as is our continuing involvement with Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections