Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you love liberty?
Yes, give me liberty or give me death! 24 100.00%
No, i will galdy forgo liberty for security! 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:39 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times

Advertisements

The money bomb just hit 1 milli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Um, I love liberty but don't like RP and wouldn't vote for him so I guess my love of liberty doesn't count!

Honestly though, I agree with Casper about all you RP fanatics. You can say all you want and say I love big "gubbermint" and that I don't love liberty or even that I am controlled by the government, which is laughable to me since I am independent and think all politicians are liars, including RP. But fact stands, love liberty, don't love RP and wouldn't vote for him. I have liberty and can chose, like the definition a PP posted, I will use my liberty in the positive enjoyment of chosing someone else besides him politically. I already have it and love it so him being POTUS doesn't make me have it more.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Um, I love liberty but don't like RP and wouldn't vote for him so I guess my love of liberty doesn't count!

Honestly though, I agree with Casper about all you RP fanatics. You can say all you want and say I love big "gubbermint" and that I don't love liberty or even that I am controlled by the government, which is laughable to me since I am independent and think all politicians are liars, including RP. But fact stands, love liberty, don't love RP and wouldn't vote for him. I have liberty and can chose, like the definition a PP posted, I will use my liberty in the positive enjoyment of chosing someone else besides him politically. I already have it and love it so him being POTUS doesn't make me have it more.
You people don't have very Good reading comprehension do you? Or are you just seeing the name Ron Paul and then deciding not to read the rest of the OP?

I didn't ask if you liked Ron Paul, i asked if you thought that your candidate better represents Liberty than Ron Paul?

Do You ... ?

Does anyone think their candidate is a better representative of Liberty than Dr. Paul ... ? Anyone?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I agree with this definition of liberty, with one stipulation ... As long as you intentionally harm none.

Do you disagree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You people don't have very Good reading comprehension do you? Or are you just seeing the name Ron Paul and then deciding not to read the rest of the OP?

I didn't ask if you liked Ron Paul, i asked if you thought that your candidate better represents Liberty than Ron Paul?

Do You ... ?

Does anyone think their candidate is a better representative of Liberty than Dr. Paul ... ? Anyone?

I don't think any candidates represent liberty. I think all the candidates represent individuals who want to be the president and liberty is not included in the equation.

I feel that our country guarantees us liberty via our constitution and bill or rights so whatever a candidate thinks on specific issues has no bearing on the definition of liberty and that no one period, especially a political candidate an be liberty personified..

Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't think any candidates represent liberty. I think all the candidates represent individuals who want to be the president and liberty is not included in the equation.

I feel that our country guarantees us liberty via our constitution and bill or rights so whatever a candidate thinks on specific issues has no bearing on the definition of liberty and that no one period, especially a political candidate an be liberty personified..
Okay so you dont vote i suppose? I can respect that ...

But your naivety about Americans being guaranteed liberty shows that you don't understand what liberty is ... Liberty requires constant diligence and is always under attack by corrupt men and women in the government.

The patriot act and the new stipulation in the NDAA that was signed yesterday make it so that not only does the government infringe on our right of privacy by spying on us, but they now have destroyed posse comitatus and habeas Corpus ... also, according to the same bill, now even protesting is a "low level" terrorist act and protestors can be arrested and detained indefinitely without trial or even being charged with any specific crime ...

Do you realize what that means?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-16-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 AM

865 posts, read 676,118 times
Liberty is freedom and independence. Both socially and economically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections