U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 PM

10,317 posts, read 10,317,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I am a loyal listener to Rush, I love the guy, but he is so wrong on this I'm going to have to stop tuning in. He is making fun of Ron today, wanting restraint with Iran. I am beside myself with anger about Rush promoting Newt, Santorum's and Bachmann's views, while poking fun at Ron. This makes me sick. He went so far as to say Ron Paul wants Iran to get nukes. He never said that! Ron did say we treat countries with nukes with more respect. Can anybody dispute that statement?
You keep doing what you are doing and you will keep getting what you are getting. Listening to Rush is a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,811,908 times
what do you expect from Rush?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:42 PM

424 posts, read 408,440 times
I have better suggestion. That all those really worry about Iran's nuclear program should themselves or their sons/daughters go for special military divisions to fight their "nightmare". Just don't send our sons/daughters to fight on THEIR BEHALF.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,335,909 times
Normally, Claudhopper and I are on different sides of the issues, but I agree 100% with him here. The simplistic Bought-and-paid-for by-military-contractors mentality that Iran simply wants to go to war with us because "They=Bad Guys and We=Good Guys" which most of the field is more than willing to buy into is simply wrong. The issue, like so many others, is far more complex than that, and us charging off half-cocked and high on jingoistic patriotic fervor is what cost so many lives and dollars both in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sometimes the US, just like each of us as individuals often do, is responsible for creating its own problems. If we don't strive to take away lessons learned from these situations, than Paul is right and we are already lost.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM

865 posts, read 572,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
I have better suggestion. That all those really worry about Iran's nuclear program should themselves or their sons/daughters go for special military divisions to fight their "nightmare". Just don't send our sons/daughters to fight on THEIR BEHALF.
I would chip-in to send that plane over to Iran. If they know how to solve this problem, I would love to see them do it.

We just have to make sure we're only sending those that believe in bombing Iran preemptively. We will not discriminate, if you have a disability or you're too old, no problem, everyone that wants to go, can go!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:48 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,099,452 times
Quote:
I am a loyal listener to Rush, I love the guy, but he is so wrong on this I'm going to have to stop tuning in. He is making fun of Ron today, wanting restraint with Iran. I am beside myself with anger about Rush promoting Newt, Santorum's and Bachmann's views, while poking fun at Ron. This makes me sick. He went so far as to say Ron Paul wants Iran to get nukes. He never said that! Ron did say we treat countries with nukes with more respect. Can anybody dispute that statement?
Just call in on "open mike Friday's" and tell Rush why he is wrong. Tell him listeners are sick and tired of him toting the water for the GOP RINO powers that be!

If you tune out Rush wins. If you correct Rush on air others may follow.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,814,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A decrease in listeners means that Rush will win? Bizzaro world.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,226,307 times
The sweet irony of a draft dodging drug addict criticizing a GOP rep and presidential candidate because he is not blood thirsty enough to start another war of choice that will cost more American lives and increase government spending.

Rush and his ilk disgust me, they want perpetual wars as long as they can make other people fight it for them. It seems like the only deficit spending that the GOP and Teapublicans don't complain about is the dollars spent on bombing and killing people all over the globe.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:09 PM

5,560 posts, read 4,963,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just call in on "open mike Friday's" and tell Rush why he is wrong. Tell him listeners are sick and tired of him toting the water for the GOP RINO powers that be!

Rush screeners make sure no Ron Paul people get on the air for a reason.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Quote:
Good for Rush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or