U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM

731 posts, read 667,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I predicted Paul would goof, and he did.

You can't say you don't want to go to war with an oil rich Muslim country if you want to gain the support of conservatives. You just can't.

but at the same time, you're not going to win a general election with that stance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM

304 posts, read 354,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep, Fox and Rush and some others have been spinning like a lefty about Ron Paul.

Paul said he doesn't want Iran to get nukes and that there is NO evidence they have them.

What is so hard to comprehend there?

By the way, I'm going to swallow my pride here...and say something I never thought I would say, ever:

The left has long accused Fox News of bias and spin.

Ok....I can do this....it's not that hard...ugh...I can do this...

The left was.....

argh...

right.
Three Wolves....I'm going to have to agree with you cuz I feel the same way now. GRRRRRR

Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 PM

910 posts, read 1,431,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep, Fox and Rush and some others have been spinning like a lefty about Ron Paul.

Paul said he doesn't want Iran to get nukes and that there is NO evidence they have them.

What is so hard to comprehend there?

By the way, I'm going to swallow my pride here...and say something I never thought I would say, ever:

The left has long accused Fox News of bias and spin.

Ok....I can do this....it's not that hard...ugh...I can do this...

The left was.....

argh...

right.
CNN summed it up better: (FF to 3:34)

GOP Debate No. 1758 Recap: Bachmann Attacks Gingrich, Ron Paul Wants To Stop Warmongering - YouTube

Old 12-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The sweet irony of a draft dodging drug addict criticizing a GOP rep and presidential candidate because he is not blood thirsty enough to start another war of choice that will cost more American lives and increase government spending.

Rush and his ilk disgust me, they want perpetual wars as long as they can make other people fight it for them. It seems like the only deficit spending that the GOP and Teapublicans don't complain about is the dollars spent on bombing and killing people all over the globe.
I consider myself Tea Party, a Republican and a Ron Paul supporter in ''08 and now. Why? This Republican was sick and tired of all the deficit spending, bailouts, crony capitalism and all the politicians acting like RINO's. I have been sick of these never ending wars, entitlements and erosion of our rights in the name of security, except when it comes to securing our borders of course...then apparently security means something else entirely. Never mind that we are constantly told terrorists are coming across our southern border. If Iran is such a huge threat to us, why did the government let some 28 or 29 illegal alien Iranians go that were caught crossing our southern border?

I for one am done listening to the supposed right and the left. I don't like either of them. But bet on this, I'll be supporting Ron Paul again.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm just looking at it from their point of view. Is it any wonder why they would hate us? But all this time, they have not chosen to go to war with us. We have given them plenty of reason.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be labelled a terrorist, any moment now. I am much more afraid of our own gov't, then any foreign one.
Me too claud, me too.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,849,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Rush is exactly right. Paul's rant last night...like Iran is some innocent child...why worry about them....made Paul look like the lost CLOWN he is.

Paul would be the most 'dangerous' Commander-in-cheif the USA could find. In last night's debate, Paul sounded like he was defending Iran. Bachmann got it right....Paul's answer was the 'most dangerous answer she EVER heard. Thankfully, only the 'paulites' are 'fooled' by that lunatic.

Here's the clip of the ignorant Paul

Iowa GOP Debate 12/15 Ron Paul highlights (Round 3) - YouTube
She is a blithering idiot.
qualityguy: show me the IAEA report that says they are literally within months of having a nuclear weapon - show me. That's what the dufus in the skirt just said.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 PM

And another thing, how are we supposed to pay for yet another war? We are spending 25 million per minute, I just heard on Napolitano's program. That is money we don't have, it will have to be borrowed or printed, then passed on to the next generations as our gift to them - That is immoral!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:43 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,429,763 times
Paul's comparison to the Cold War was apt; America was prepared to throw down with the USSR, but we didn't make the first strike...and we eventually won because of it. Bachmann, Romney & the rest can go jump in a lake.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:43 PM

no more spying from Afghanistan - isn't that the real reason we are there?

Spy Flights Over Iran
Iran told Afghanistan that future US drone flights launched from Afghan bases would be considered "an unfriendly act"

A day prior to Iran’s demand, U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta vowed to continue the spy operations over Iranian airspace, saying the operations were part of U.S. efforts to defend both Afghanistan and America and involve “important intelligence operations which we will continue to pursue.”
http://news.antiwar.com/2011/12/15/i...hts-over-iran/

Old 12-16-2011, 07:46 PM

How come there's nary a word from Rush about this????

Congress Passes Defense Bill Codifying Indefinite Detention -- News from Antiwar.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or