U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,257,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
She is a blithering idiot.
qualityguy: show me the IAEA report that says they are literally within months of having a nuclear weapon - show me. That's what the dufus in the skirt just said.
Show me where you can Guarantee 300 million Americans and Israel....they are not months away from having nukes.

I want to say some more here...but you make me tooooo angry...and there are rules.

But, I GUARANTEE YOU THIS, WOMAN....PAUL WILL NEVER GET THE 'R' nomination because of his Libertarian 'kook' stance on this one issue...alone!!!!!

And that is exactly what Rush is saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 05:39 AM

10,691 posts, read 11,693,188 times
Ron Paul

He is dangerous. A wild-eyed loon.

One thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history. He wants to isolate us from the world, leave our allies vulnerable to attack, and think that the Muslims will just leave us alone if we leave.

Dec 7, 1941??? Decades of isolationism allowed mad men to build up their war machines and got our butts sucker punched. The world is an evil place! Paul talks about war this and war that!!

No one loves war!! No we do know that EVIL exists and must be detered, punished or restrianed!! We need a presence around this globe. I shutter to think where this world would be without this country in it.

Would China or Russia defeat and enemy and then turn around and help it rebuild????

Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 AM

740 posts, read 1,762,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Ron Paul

He is dangerous. A wild-eyed loon.

One thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history. He wants to isolate us from the world, leave our allies vulnerable to attack, and think that the Muslims will just leave us alone if we leave.

Dec 7, 1941??? Decades of isolationism allowed mad men to build up their war machines and got our butts sucker punched. The world is an evil place! Paul talks about war this and war that!!

No one loves war!! No we do know that EVIL exists and must be detered, punished or restrianed!! We need a presence around this globe. I shutter to think where this world would be without this country in it.

Would China or Russia defeat and enemy and then turn around and help it rebuild????
You mean the "enemy" that was once our ally, that we trained, and then equipped? Makes sense....

Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,696,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I'm sure you know a lot about a loon. Paul is a Loona-tic. Bachmann is very wise. She's a Christian lady. Go ahead, Bad mouth that, pal
My neighbor reads the bible 24/7, watches religious shows when not reading the bible. Gives most of her money to the church and is completely broke. She is constantly paranoid that people are trying to rip her off. She saw my Ron Paul bumper sticker and asked where she could get one. Had no idea she liked him. We talked and she said "When has war solved anything?". She also said something about the bible and war and the people who promote it. She said Ron Paul is the only one who makes sense about wars. Asked her how she felt about Bachmann and she replied, "Bless her heart but she is not being honest with herself".

Now I will let you get back to Fox news so they can keep you informed where the evil boogy man is.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,409,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I am a loyal listener to Rush, I love the guy, but he is so wrong on this I'm going to have to stop tuning in. He is making fun of Ron today, wanting restraint with Iran. I am beside myself with anger about Rush promoting Newt, Santorum's and Bachmann's views, while poking fun at Ron. This makes me sick. He went so far as to say Ron Paul wants Iran to get nukes. He never said that! Ron did say we treat countries with nukes with more respect. Can anybody dispute that statement?
So, for once Limbaugh being a complete stooge to the GOP machine doesn't jibe with what you want, and suddenly you're all pissy? All those other times Limbaugh made false claims, suggestions and insinuations about all sorts of people, mostly left but occasionally right, that was fine with you -- because he wasn't targetting your revered Ron Paul?

How principled of you ...

Old 12-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 28 days ago)

58,178 posts, read 40,973,781 times
Quote:
Here's the clip of the ignorant Paul

Iowa GOP Debate 12/15 Ron Paul highlights (Round 3) - YouTube

Just listen to Bachmann's wise reply to loon Paul..

I don't think Paul is the loon in this pairing

Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,409,686 times
Quote:
Show me where you can Guarantee 300 million Americans and Israel....they are not months away from having nukes.

I want to say some more here...but you make me tooooo angry...and there are rules.

But, I GUARANTEE YOU THIS, WOMAN....PAUL WILL NEVER GET THE 'R' nomination because of his Libertarian 'kook' stance on this one issue...alone!!!!!

And that is exactly what Rush is saying.
Brilliant ... prove a negative, the fool demands ...

Here's a clue, genius: Iran has been 'months away from a nuke!' for many years now. Think about that.

By your logic, we should be all over Andorra, Uruguay and Nepal since no one can prove they aren't 'months away' from a nuke (not because they might be, but because, as anyone who isn't brain-dead understands -- you can't prove a negative!).

Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM

674 posts, read 909,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Ron Paul

A few correction to your incorrect statements.

First beginning with history and major warfare:

The Vietnam War - expensive, unnecessary, a huge black eye for the USA.
The War in Afghanistan - expensive, unnecessary, still engaged in combat.
The War in Iraq - expensive, unnecessary.

If I'm not mistaken as well, our sole reason for invading Iraq was because we believed they were "close to having a nuclear weapon". Ironically enough, no weapons were found and reports at the time also indicated that nuclear weapons did not exist in Iraq nor did the means to produce a nuclear weapon.

We did however, end up going to war for whatever reason anyways.

To quote the father of modern war himself, George Bush - "my biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq."

Flip the page to 2011 - we now have a report that states "Iran does not have a nuclear weapon, nor the means to produce a nuclear weapon in the near future" - however, every GOP candidate other than Ron Paul firmly supports an invasion of Iran, despite there being no evidence of enrichment and an official report stating so.

That concludes our history lesson on NOT repeating our failed moments in history concerning foreign policy.

Concerning Ron Paul specifically, however, Ron Paul does not wish to "isolate" the United States from the world; nor does he wish to engage in a period of isolationism.

The use of diplomacy and negotiations, and peace talks as opposed to war and the deployment of US troops is not isolationist.

Also, isolationism may "allow[ed] mad men to build up their war machines" - but so does the United States government directly funding and transporting war technology and weapons across the globe. Also, don't think it stops there. We also enjoy providing many people (in some cases, our "enemies") with combat training as well.

Would you care to comment on policy such as that?

Given the fact that it's common knowledge around the world that the United States will invade any country, destroy its government, execute its leaders and then pick up and leave in order for citizens of that country to clean up the mess - I would say that any fears of the US being actively engaged in war with provocation to be very slim. Especially concerning our hard on for the middle east that has been going on for 50+ years.

Also consider the fact that our weapons technology, defense technology and cyber technology are among the most advanced if not the most elite in the entire world - I would say that the United States will be able to effectively counteract any petty attempt at a foreign nation to engage in warfare, especially on US soil.

So in turn to answer your question, where would the world be without this country in it? Honestly, probably in a lot better shape assuming no other nation would have taken on the role that we have of producing weapons for, and training militants in other nations to kill. Especially when we later invade that nation or nations.

As far as Russia and China, I'm not sure what they would do in a situation like that. Maybe we should wait for them to do something really stupid like we did before we speculate though as to whether or not they'd work to set up a new "peaceful" government with the use of bombs and troops the way we did.

Would you be in favor of another nation subverting the United States government as long as they promise to do some street cleaning afterwards? - Probably not.

Being a Muslim nation, a nation of people who aren't white, a nation with different values than American ethics and a nation who wants America to stay out of their affairs does not make it an evil nation.

I would say the nation that hasn't had their sovereignty or people threatened, but chooses to invade another country with no justification is the evil one.

It does make you a bigot to imply that such nations are indeed "evil" however, simply because you refuse to further your own knowledge with available resources concerning these nations. However, you'd rather blindly support America engaging in more acts of imperialistic nature that scream entitlement it seems.

We dislike anybody who tells us what to do, and anybody who ignores us when we do that very same thing. If America could create a photocopy of itself, I have no doubts that both nations would be fierce enemies in this day and age; simply because neither would be able to mind its own business.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM

674 posts, read 909,324 times
Quote:
Bachmann is very wise. [=] She's a Christian lady.
The above is not a balanced equation.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,838,516 times
I defended Bachmann's remarks about serving her husband and some of the early criticisms that I didn't think were fair, but her statements about Iran are outrageous and dangerous. She is either completely misinformed or a liar, I tend to think the latter. I remember when she lied on her bus tour, as to why she was late to one city. It was because she had visited her mother, but she lied and made up something else. For someone that claims to defend the Constitution, she doesn't seem to have a problem with assassinating U.S. citizens without due process, or the recent indefinite detension in the Defense Authorization Bill.
This is what she said to Huckabee when he told her he didn't know that she hated muslims.

Quote:
In an interview airing Saturday at 8pm EDT on FOX News' "Huckabee", GOP presidential contender Michele Bachmann said she does not hate Muslims as her Republican primary opponent Ron Paul charged on Friday.

" No, no," Bachmann replied to the show's host, former Gov.Mike Huckabee, when he asked about the controversy. "I have never said anything that foolish. What I believe is that I love the American people and I love this country and I want this country to be safe, sovereign and free. "

Instead Bachmann used the opportunity to pivot and point to Iran and Iran's leaders as possessing "the real hate" towards Israelis and Americans.

"The real hate that you hear is coming from the President of Iran," Bachmann said in reference to the Middle Eastern country's controversial head, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "He hates Jews. He hates Jews in Israel, and he hates the American people, and so do the Mullahs in Iran who have expressly stated that it is their goal to kill Jews in Israel and also to kill Americans."
Michele Bachmann to Huckabee: I don't hate Muslims but Iran hates Jews & Americans

that is such bull. There are many Jews living in Iran. He has never said he hates anybody or wants to kill anybody. The quote attributed to him about wiping off the map, is a lie. The correct interpretation, in his language, is wanting regime change for Israel.
She's a nitwit. No wonder so many call Christians hypocrites. She doesn't deserve to be on that stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or