U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,847,407 times

Advertisements

I am a loyal listener to Rush, I love the guy, but he is so wrong on this I'm going to have to stop tuning in. He is making fun of Ron today, wanting restraint with Iran. I am beside myself with anger about Rush promoting Newt, Santorum's and Bachmann's views, while poking fun at Ron. This makes me sick. He went so far as to say Ron Paul wants Iran to get nukes. He never said that! Ron did say we treat countries with nukes with more respect. Can anybody dispute that statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 11:52 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,847,407 times
Furthermore, there is no EVIDENCE that Iran is pursuing anything other than nuclear energy. They have never said they want to attack the U.S. or Israel. Ack was saying he wants Bebe gone, he was saying he wants regime change in Israel. That is not a declaration of war. We have to stop trying to control the world, we are not the ultimate world authority. Why can't we turn the page, and be a symbol of strength thru peace, instead of military force?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I am a loyal listener to Rush, I love the guy, but he is so wrong on this I'm going to have to stop tuning in. He is making fun of Ron today, wanting restraint with Iran. I am beside myself with anger about Rush promoting Newt, Santorum's and Bachmann's views, while poking fun at Ron. This makes me sick. He went so far as to say Ron Paul wants Iran to get nukes. He never said that! Ron did say we treat countries with nukes with more respect. Can anybody dispute that statement?
Rush is exactly right. Paul's rant last night...like Iran is some innocent child...why worry about them....made Paul look like the lost CLOWN he is.

Paul would be the most 'dangerous' Commander-in-cheif the USA could find. In last night's debate, Paul sounded like he was defending Iran. Bachmann got it right....Paul's answer was the 'most dangerous answer she EVER heard. Thankfully, only the 'paulites' are 'fooled' by that lunatic.

Here's the clip of the ignorant Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkOOW85Ims

Old 12-16-2011, 12:15 PM

865 posts, read 573,726 times
Ron is right, as usual about foreign policy. The demagogue warmongers want to change Ron's policy to something that it isn't. Let them, they have no credibility anyways.

The facts are, we have a truly disgusting group of Americans who claim to be both conservative and liberal, but all they want to do is kill anyone that disagrees with them or doesn't obey.

The pro-Israel(in practice and not just jabber) conservatives are on Ron's side. We shouldn't force Israel to get into a war that it does not want.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,675,069 times
I said this on another thread. IMO, Paul lost the opportunity to capture those in Iowa that were undecided or on the fence about voting for him with this answer (or at least how he explained it last night).

I know Paul supporters are going to hate to hear that, but I believe it is true. Either that, or I'm the only one it applies to.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:17 PM

22,768 posts, read 16,845,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yep, Fox and Rush and some others have been spinning like a lefty about Ron Paul.

Paul said he doesn't want Iran to get nukes and that there is NO evidence they have them.

What is so hard to comprehend there?

By the way, I'm going to swallow my pride here...and say something I never thought I would say, ever:

The left has long accused Fox News of bias and spin.

Ok....I can do this....it's not that hard...ugh...I can do this...

The left was.....

argh...

right.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:18 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,613,222 times
Ron Paul, an educated and principled man, is way above being harmed by the clueless ravings of a washed-up talk show host.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:18 PM

865 posts, read 573,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
I know Paul supporters are going to hate to hear that, but I believe it is true. Either that, or I'm the only one it applies to.
Not really. Not all of the undecided had one view or mindset. If anything, there are a lot of moderates that agreed with his Iran response, and they are just as likely to vote for Paul, as the others are likely to split the votes with each other.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,500 times
Here's the clip of the ignorant Paul

Iowa GOP Debate 12/15 Ron Paul highlights (Round 3) - YouTube

Just listen to Bachmann's wise reply to loon Paul..

Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM

11,385 posts, read 5,969,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
I said this on another thread. IMO, Paul lost the opportunity to capture those in Iowa that were undecided or on the fence about voting for him with this answer (or at least how he explained it last night).

Its quite the opposite...I dont hate to hear it, I love the fact that regardless of pressure, he sticks to his guns when he knows he is correct...even with a room full of war-mongers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or