U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:02 PM

5,560 posts, read 4,968,618 times

Advertisements

Ron, Ron, Ron... time and time again you use truth and history to give basic answers to complex problems. But, people are confused, have no idea of the history of the region and or even what has been said.

Maybe Ron Paul should take a different approach to this issue of IRAN.
Maybe he should say something like for 30 years in congress in count less speeches I warned about situtations like Iraq, Somila and Bosnia and I WAS RIGHT. Back then I was called dangerous, kooky, crazy. I predicted the housing bubble the issues with the FED and be there very same people was called crazy. I was talking about tea party issues before their was a tea party.
How many times are you going to gamble and say I'm wrong when my record shows over and over I'm right. Im right on IRAN but I want to take a different approach on the entire middle east and if we followed my advise over the last 30 years we might not have these kind of problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:08 PM

865 posts, read 572,547 times
Do we do everything in our power to prevent Iran from treating cancer patients with modern medicine?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:18 PM

731 posts, read 665,834 times
President: "Hi Iran, I just wanted to let you know that what we did to your country in 1953 was really regrettable. I hope you can accept our apology and start diplomatic relations towards peace."

Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
President: "Hi Iran, I just wanted to let you know that what we did to your country in 1953 was really regrettable. I hope you can accept our apology and start diplomatic relations towards peace."
Is that how you would handle it? I don't think any of candidates would. Not Ron Paul, that's for sure. He isn't going to apologize for the mistakes of past leaders, otherwise we would be asking every nation to apologize.

Although, I do admit, it would take the bigger man to apologize and not cry over being wrong.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:26 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,514,419 times
I think you're right. Too many people have no grasp on history, geography, or context to understand some of Paul's statements. For all the things great about Paul he still needs to brush up on getting his ideas across in small digestible soundbites.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:27 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,299,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
Yeah, that'll work.

Are all Ron Paul supporters as naive as this?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:27 PM

731 posts, read 665,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Is that how you would handle it? I don't think any of candidates would. Not Ron Paul, that's for sure. He isn't going to apologize for the mistakes of past leaders, otherwise we would be asking every nation to apologize.

Although, I do admit, it would take the bigger man to apologize and not cry over being wrong.
with respect to Iran, Yes I think it would wise to actually try a little diplomacy. We put our own (and britain's) interests above the people of Iran by overthrowing a democratically elected prime minister. It's time to stop all this intimidation and threat of force. How can we expect to get anywhere with that kind of attitude?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,253,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I think you're right. Too many people have no grasp on history, geography, or context to understand some of Paul's statements. For all the things great about Paul he still needs to brush up on getting his ideas across in small digestible soundbites.
Are you suggesting America can reason with FOOLS and murderers?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yeah, that'll work.

Are all Ron Paul supporters as naive as this?
Too bad it's not Ron's idea.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:30 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,514,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Are you suggesting America can reason with FOOLS and murderers?
I'm suggesting that if we give up reasoning we've given up our values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or